Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

It may be as simple as, having spent the last 6 weeks with nothing much to do but amble about the house, paint the fence in the garden and have the odd walk in the afternoon, that he has now decided that living a job 365 days a year , 24/7 that he has had enough and wants more of this Lazy type life!  

Just in the way we won the cup, the stars aligned, and I pretty much feel the same with TW’s departure.  Most reasons  that have been mentioned go on at other clubs, chairman holding tight purse strings etc, I do think it was crass of Preston to make insinuations regarding why he left. You either tell the whole truth or just shut up.

I think the reasons are probably more mundane and it has been death by a thousand pinpricks. 
I’m sure history will eventually show that as much as it pains me to say it.. TW left at the right time. How many managers can leave a club a hero, and be able to return at some point an even bigger one!

Will things be the same again? Probably not, but folk adjust... I won’t stop following Saints just because of a change of manager... TW thanks for the CUP, can die happy :laugh:

Tommy said he had a fallout with Steve Brown in January regarding not getting in the transfer targets he was looking for.

He had pre contracts with Rooney & McCart . Don't know if these were done before the spat or not. He then lost Kennedy & managed to get McCart early with part of Kennedy's transfer money .

We then went on to play probably the best & most entertaining football in the last 3 years.

Wonder if we would have been even better with Tommy's targets.

Can anyone explain why ?.

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Tommy said he had a fallout with Steve Brown in January regarding not getting in the transfer targets he was looking for.

He had pre contracts with Rooney & McCart . Don't know if these were done before the spat or not. He then lost Kennedy & managed to get McCart early with part of Kennedy's transfer money .

We then went on to play probably the best & most entertaining football in the last 3 years.

Wonder if we would have been even better with Tommy's targets.

Can anyone explain why ?.

McCart added to the defence confidence.

Other players became the out ball as opposed to just Kennedy.

In attacking sense more freedom for other players as everything was not going through one player like when Kennedy in team.

Good move getting money for Kennedy  and bringing McCart in early.

36 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

In attacking sense more freedom for other players as everything was not going through one player like when Kennedy in team.

I was hounded on here for saying that Kennedy is overrated! Players began to see him as the star player, and just gave him the ball every time. He began to see himself as the star player and would just dribble until he’d run out of space. Other clubs saw him as the star player and doubled up on him every time. Selling Kennedy saved our season.

15 hours ago, Linky said:

I was hounded on here for saying that Kennedy is overrated! Players began to see him as the star player, and just gave him the ball every time. He began to see himself as the star player and would just dribble until he’d run out of space. Other clubs saw him as the star player and doubled up on him every time. Selling Kennedy saved our season.

I agree.

we got a high waged dude off the books with compensation.now Aberdeen have to pay his overinflated pay packet ,ha ha.

20 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Certainly worked out great as we improved and football was much more enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Naw, hes better than the 'Tic. But you're onto it.... 

Revealing your true colours Melbourne?...

In what world are Rangers better than Celtic? This isn’t the 90s. 

He came through the Celtic youth setup I think so little chance of him ever going to Ibrox. 

2 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Revealing your true colours Melbourne?...

In what world are Rangers better than Celtic? This isn’t the 90s. 

He came through the Celtic youth setup I think so little chance of him ever going to Ibrox. 

And what about Michael O’Halloran, who’s dad is still a youth coach at Celtic this day?

46 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Hopefully we’re getting down to deciding our new boss,as training starting in less than a fortnight.

Hopefully it is decided; there has been plenty of time for interviews and selection and we are waiting to announce him first day of training (or am I dreaming) 

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t have a first, second and even third choice identified. Would guess we are waiting on various situations to clarify, and saving shitloads of cash every month in the meantime. Including all employee costs, probably 8 - 10k a month, which is not small change for Saints.

9 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t have a first, second and even third choice identified. Would guess we are waiting on various situations to clarify, and saving shitloads of cash every month in the meantime. Including all employee costs, probably 8 - 10k a month, which is not small change for Saints.

Could be completely wrong as the club tends to keep these things close to its chest, but I'm increasingly starting to suspect that Cleland will be given the chance to take us through the next few months and then we'll see where we stand in terms of the season starting (if it has) and how things have gone. As you say, they'll be saving money by not rushing the decision.