Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Stendel virtually out the door could Tommy be tempted know Budge rates him.

Not a chance Wright goes to Hearts, or even considers it whilst the Northern Ireland job is still vacant. Plus they're wanting to bring in a DoF, again Wright doesn't want to work under one of them. 

The best thing about having a read of the Hearts forum, half of them hate him and wouldn't touch him (their loss) the other half seem to think that him and Neil McCann would agree to work together, I mean they're clueless, the pair hate each other! 

Ohh and apparently he's left us in a financial mess, close to administration and doesn't ever look at youth teams, it's no wonder Hearts fans are so blindly led by Budge, they mostly don't have a clue what goes on outside of Gorgie. 

3 hours ago, Widge said:

Not a chance Wright goes to Hearts, or even considers it whilst the Northern Ireland job is still vacant. Plus they're wanting to bring in a DoF, again Wright doesn't want to work under one of them. 

The best thing about having a read of the Hearts forum, half of them hate him and wouldn't touch him (their loss) the other half seem to think that him and Neil McCann would agree to work together, I mean they're clueless, the pair hate each other! 

Ohh and apparently he's left us in a financial mess, close to administration and doesn't ever look at youth teams, it's no wonder Hearts fans are so blindly led by Budge, they mostly don't have a clue what goes on outside of Gorgie. 

Will wait and see then.

Tommy Wright was trending on Twitter last night as there were so many United fans discussing him. Quite interesting/entertaining to read their views on him. Most seemed to be saying he was their favourite for the job, but there were also a lot who seem to have this idea that he insists on his teams playing The Worst Football Known To Man. If other clubs in Scotland were playing some sublime, flowing, first touch samba football then they might have a point, but to be honest whenever I watch any game in Scotland the styles of play across the board are pretty similar. You see the same hoofs up the park and misplaced passes right across the board. Saints under Wright played as much good football as anyone else around our level, and actually managed to be successful at the same time.

I'd be quite surprised if he was tempted by the United job at this stage when he's so early into his "break" and the Northern Ireland job is still up for grabs.

I'll be honest I thought Hearst would go for TW and he would have been good for them; Hearts are deluded ofcourse. If they think Neilson will just transform them they are in for a shock, it's going to take some effort to win the Championship two years on the trot. Also, people forget that there were planes flying around Tynecastle with 'Neilson out' banners. Good luck.

On 6/17/2020 at 2:17 PM, Widge said:

Not even going to bother repeating myself, except for the fact United already have a DoF in place.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

A lot of high profile managers out their looking for a job. Can't think of any of them I would have before Davidson.

If I was Tommy I would be on the phone to see what the position is with NI job before any interview with Arabs.

Agree Cagey no one came to mind  apart fae the auld suffers.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Just pure rumour but apparently United talked to TW last Tuesday about their job.

Stewart Petrie seemingly first choice for them though.

If the Dundee United statement is true then why were they talking to him last Tuesday when Hearts only approached t6hem on Sunday morning and according to  the Hearts manager the first he heard of it was yesterday  and he could not say no. 

32 minutes ago, mainstand said:

If the Dundee United statement is true then why were they talking to him last Tuesday when Hearts only approached t6hem on Sunday morning and according to  the Hearts manager the first he heard of it was yesterday  and he could not say no. 

Was told today by a guy with United connections that Alan "Biscuits" Preston knew on Thursday that Neilsen was going to Hearts,  His comment was along the line that there would be a managerial move at the weekend that would surprise/shock a few people.

42 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Levein claimed on the radio that Neilson told him he wanted to return to Hearts back in November, before Hearts hired Stendel.

18 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Was told today by a guy with United connections that Alan "Biscuits" Preston knew on Thursday that Neilsen was going to Hearts,  His comment was along the line that there would be a managerial move at the weekend that would surprise/shock a few people.

That does not surprise me but the thought that United were interviewing Tommy last week for a post that was not vacant seems far catches. 

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

That does not surprise me but the thought that United were interviewing Tommy last week for a post that was not vacant seems far catches. 

No way would TW go to United............respect for Saints fans would mean a no never mind a cushy number as NI Boss where he can stay at home with the wife and travel to see players/matches/

5 hours ago, mainstand said:

I'm impressed, you should consider changing your username to Sherlock!