Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

6 hours ago, belfastsaintee said:

As a Saintee in Belfast can’t believe they went for Baraclough! 

Yeah strange. He has apparently done well with their 21s for what it's worth.

His achievement is a play off win against the mighty  Rangers but who was it that almost got them relegated.

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

Yeah strange. He has apparently done well with their 21s for what it's worth.

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that anyone would put any serious value in success with an international under-21 team. It's a completely meaningless level of football with zero pressure. Absolutely mind-boggling that anyone could look at the CVs of Baraclough and Wright, and choose Baraclough. I can only imagine continuity is very, very important to them, as it's a struggle to think of any other reason for such a decision.

9 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I find it incredibly difficult to believe that anyone would put any serious value in success with an international under-21 team. It's a completely meaningless level of football with zero pressure. Absolutely mind-boggling that anyone could look at the CVs of Baraclough and Wright, and choose Baraclough. I can only imagine continuity is very, very important to them, as it's a struggle to think of any other reason for such a decision.

Anfield boot room I dont think.

Just as a, surely, final note to the TW to United stuff, it looks like theyve decided to hire Malky Mackay instead.

BBC reporting hes the top target and the SFA have given permission for him to speak to them.

Hes been black listed from jobs down South after leaked texts showed him making homophobic, sexist and racist remarks to coaches and agents.

18 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Just as a, surely, final note to the TW to United stuff, it looks like theyve decided to hire Malky Mackay instead.

BBC reporting hes the top target and the SFA have given permission for him to speak to them.

Hes been black listed from jobs down South after leaked texts showed him making homophobic, sexist and racist remarks to coaches and agents.

Rather them than us. I wouldn't be at all happy if Saints were ever to consider bringing in someone with Mackay's views.

19 hours ago, Cagey said:

Baraclough contract only 18 months. Maybe Tommy didn't fancy that. Just take a holiday for 18 months Tommy ,it will soon pass & your dream job may be there.

I wonder if there's any chance Tommy would be interested in taking Baraclough's old job and managing their Under-21s? Bit of a come-down and change in pace from what he's used to, but would be a foot in the door for him and something N.I.-based might suit him.

14 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I wonder if there's any chance Tommy would be interested in taking Baraclough's old job and managing their Under-21s? Bit of a come-down and change in pace from what he's used to, but would be a foot in the door for him and something N.I.-based might suit him.

And be in prime position when it goes tits up.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Rather them than us. I wouldn't be at all happy if Saints were ever to consider bringing in someone with Mackay's views.

I'm not defending MacKay but he was done up like kipper by a vinditive chairman at Cardiff. His comment was blown out of all proportion and he has payed heavily for a minor error of judgment. Time to move on.

31 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I'm not defending MacKay but he was done up like kipper by a vinditive chairman at Cardiff. His comment was blown out of all proportion and he has payed heavily for a minor error of judgment. Time to move on.

So you are defending him.

Racism aside I can't see what he has done to advance Scottish football in last few years that he has been sitting drinking coffee at Park Gardens.

46 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

His comments are either racist or their not? There's no grey area here, what he's said is racist, along with the misogynistic, sexist and other poor comments. He hasn't been stitched up by anyone, he said them and as a result he is what he is and has outed himself as being a horrible individual. 

If he was ever even in the frame at saints, I'd hope the entire fan base told the board to keep looking and we've no interest in hiring known, convicted and  thoroughly horrible individuals, which Mackay is.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Sorry but I can't agree. Racism and homophobia aren't minor errors of judgement. The views he expressed were unacceptable and I'd be very unhappy about it if Saints were the ones appointing him. Fortunately I don't think he'd ever be on Saints' radar.

47 minutes ago, Widge said:

His comments are either racist or their not? There's no grey area here, what he's said is racist, along with the misogynistic, sexist and other poor comments. He hasn't been stitched up by anyone, he said them and as a result he is what he is and has outed himself as being a horrible individual. 

If he was ever even in the frame at saints, I'd hope the entire fan base told the board to keep looking and we've no interest in hiring known, convicted and  thoroughly horrible individuals, which Mackay is.

He's not a racist; his comments could be construed as racist I understand this. He made loose comments without thinking about the consequences and he has learned from this. I'd wager there are many people in our game who have said similar comments without weighing up the implications or gravity of them. Fortunitely the world has changed and people are beginning to realise this now.

People make mistakes and if there is no route for redemption that is sad.

4 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

He's not a racist; his comments could be construed as racist I understand this. He made loose comments without thinking about the consequences and he has learned from this. I'd wager there are many people in our game who have said similar comments without weighing up the implications or gravity of them. Fortunitely the world has changed and people are beginning to realise this now.

His comments are racist, there's no defending that!

Has he said them, yes. Has he been on record saying them, yes. Does that make him a racist, yes. Loose comments or not, he has said them on more than one occasion, in fact repeatedly. Have others done the same, possibly and if they'd been caught then they'd be racist as well. If a murderer kills someone, they're a murderer for life. The same applies here. The fact that you're even defending the guy is worrying, it makes me think that you're willing to forgive his character flaw and pass it off as a minor indiscretion. 

What he did would have seen him sacked from any other job in the world and should have seen him out of the game entirely. Just because he's supposedly learnt doesn't excuse his past and mistakes. Sure he can attend courses and stop doing it, but redemption, not a chance he made comments knowing what they were and that's simply unforgivable, there is no place for it in the world and football at all.

28 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Hiya Malky.

36 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

What does this mean?

It means no sane person could defend Malky the way you are unless you are indeed Malky, but you already knew that. Tells us all we need to know about you tbh.

Malky Mackay is a racist homophobic misogynist and should be nowhere near the job he has just now never mind in charge of a Scottish premiership football club. 

18 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

It means no sane person could defend Malky the way you are unless you are indeed Malky, but you already knew that. Tells us all we need to know about you tbh.

Malky Mackay is a racist homophobic misogynist and should be nowhere near the job he has just now never mind in charge of a Scottish premiership football club. 

You need to know nothing about me. 

I don't like your tone or your insinuation. 

Mackay has been in charge of our national team and has been appointed by people who have a greater understanding of the situation than you or of course perhaps you think their guilty of the same transgressions.