Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

6 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Mackay has been in charge of our national team and has been appointed by people who have a greater understanding of the situation than you or of course perhaps you think their guilty of the same transgressions.

That just doesn't stand up as an argument. Just because people at the SFA chose to appoint him, doesn't by default mean that they made the right decision or that they have a reliable "understanding of the situation". Of those who hired him for the SFA, I wonder how many came from within the groups that his comments were about.

Don't know how this thread moved from Tommy to Malky McKay.

I see Baraclough has confirmed Jimmy Nicol as his assistant. Not that Tommy's pride would have allowed him to do that job.

Just as well Nicol has that to fall back on as he been dumped by Dundee & Cuptie given his job.

Dundee seem to be in a bit of financial trouble. Shame.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Yes. And it was 3, according to his 'apology' interview of yesteryear.

three out of that six? Pick any three and the man is not fit to manage a football team.

I always hate the prospect of something like this happening to us. How would I react if a manager (or player) I found repellent started with us? I feel sorry for decent United fans. Interested to hear Smarmy's view on this.

42 minutes ago, sleepless said:

three out of that six? Pick any three and the man is not fit to manage a football team.

I always hate the prospect of something like this happening to us. How would I react if a manager (or player) I found repellent started with us? I feel sorry for decent United fans. Interested to hear Smarmy's view on this.

Yes, I find it strange when people try to justify it by arguing that he didn’t say ALL of these things. Even if he only said one of these things, that is one too many. 

11 hours ago, Cagey said:

I see Baraclough has confirmed Jimmy Nicol as his assistant. Not that Tommy's pride would have allowed him to do that job.

Just as well Nicol has that to fall back on as he been dumped by Dundee & Cuptie given his job.

They have also sacked the sports scientist.  

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

I wonder how much money they're wasting on having Gordon Strachan as "technical director". Still, I'm sure it's been worth it to finish third in the Championship.

20 hours ago, sleepless said:

He is equally culpable for the other three, if he knew what his assistant was doing, and did nothing.

People can change. If everyone who crossed the line is never to be forgiven, what would be the point of education and debate? If folk come to an understanding of how and why they were in the wrong, make amends and never do it again, there has to be a way back. 

But right now, in the current climate? Dodgy.

Looks like I was wrong.

Has done a BBC interview where he all but admits the hiring of Kirsten Robertson was the reason he left. Also says hes more than happy to manage a different Scottish club.

I'm not happy how he left, but it leaves a bitter taste how happy he is to jump ship.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Looks like I was wrong.

Has done a BBC interview where he all but admits the hiring of Kirsten Robertson was the reason he left. Also says hes more than happy to manage a different Scottish club.

I'm not happy how he left, but it leaves a bitter taste how happy he is to jump ship.

TW gave us the best years. If it was a choice between him and Kirsten Robertson I know who I would choose. I thank TW and hope he finds a team soon , I do not have a bitter taste as it is not jumping ship more like pushed overboard.

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Looks like I was wrong.

No s**t, Sherlock!

Go back and read my posts and then listen to this: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08k04x

All your pish about missing his wife and poor relationship with Brown... all bollox

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Looks like I was wrong.

A few of us said that at the time but you & a few others ripped the piss out of us.

I would imagine for a guy like Tommy the problem was . A )she was a woman.B) she was a woman in football.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

A few of us said that at the time but you & a few others ripped the piss out of us.

I would imagine for a guy like Tommy the problem was . A )she was a woman.B) she was a woman in football.

Not willing to adjust to management restructuring was my thought.  Aspects taken from his control, the club dynamics changed.  Not sure I'd like someone coming in and changing things up.

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I think that's a totally unacceptable thing to say. I haven't heard a single comment from Tommy to suggest that gender had anything to do with it. Very, very unfair thing to post on a public forum.

12 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Hi, Amy.

You're a shite singer.

In all seriousness though. Your comment is utterly baseless and completely moronic.

10 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think that's a totally unacceptable thing to say. I haven't heard a single comment from Tommy to suggest that gender had anything to do with it. Very, very unfair thing to post on a public forum.

Agree!!

The problem was that McDiarmid park was an extension of Tommy Wrights house and life. She walked in, ripped up the carpet, repainted the walls, put him in the spare room and walked round the house wearing earplugs saying, “if you don’t like it, find somewhere else to live”.

If you’ve spent 9 years of your life picking that decor and being told by everyone that visits that it’s wonderful and you have made a great choice, it’s pretty easy to see why he walked.

She was given too much power over Tommy Wright’s remit... bottom line!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

14 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Agree!!

The problem was that McDiarmid park was an extension of Tommy Wrights house and life. She walked in, ripped up the carpet, repainted the walls, put him in the spare room and walked round the house wearing earplugs saying, “if you don’t like it, find somewhere else to live”.

If you’ve spent 9 years of your life picking that decor and being told by everyone that visits that it’s wonderful and you have made a great choice, it’s pretty easy to see why he walked.

She was given too much power over Tommy Wright’s remit... bottom line!

Totally agree it was pritey obvious at the time why he left and you can't blame him at all and who knows what was happening behind the scenes shameTommy didn't get the northern Ireland job but good luck to him at his next club