Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I think that's a totally unacceptable thing to say. I haven't heard a single comment from Tommy to suggest that gender had anything to do with it. Very, very unfair thing to post on a public forum.

You are right I had no basis to make these comments & probably the outcome of a fertile mind.

2 minutes ago, Linky said:

What’s with the whole ‘he won’t take an SPL job until November’ deal? It seems a bit arbitrary. Hopefully Callum knows that the current set-up is one he can work within, and there won’t be any further problems.

Agreement of the divorce settlement between club and TW.

18 minutes ago, Linky said:

What’s with the whole ‘he won’t take an SPL job until November’ deal? It seems a bit arbitrary. Hopefully Callum knows that the current set-up is one he can work within, and there won’t be any further problems.

Probably arrangement was that he wouldn't take another job in Scotland for 6 months & Tommy has worked it out as  November.

Really great interview - quite entertaining to hear his take on his fall-outs with Neil McCann, Jackie McNamara and Richard Foster (McCann was in a strop because our kit man was wearing a t-shirt? Seriously?? What a maniac.)

Also interesting to hear that he wanted Macca in as player-coach back in January.

In terms of his departure I didn't really think it revealed much more than we already knew. Not sure where all the stuff about his wife came from in the first place, because I don't think any of that was in his original interview and that all just seemed like fan speculation from the beginning. It does feel like a bit of a blow to know that he wants to manage another Scottish club, as it'll be hard to take seeing him pop up at one of our rivals. I'd imagine he'll hope for the Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen jobs to come up now. Wonder what the overseas offers he had are.

I think my overall feeling is still the same: if Davidson does well, we'll move on without much of an issue. But if Davidson struggles, a lot of people will be left questioning why the chairman didn't do more to stop our greatest ever manager from leaving.

By the way, am I right in thinking that Steve Brown still hasn't said a single thing publicly about Tommy leaving?

17 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

No s**t, Sherlock!

Go back and read my posts and then listen to this: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08k04x

All your pish about missing his wife and poor relationship with Brown... all bollox

I laughed when I read this; I got it in the neck from Random and Mainstand too ( two most in the Know guys on the board) - but fairplay to Random he has put his hand up.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

I laughed when I read this; I got it in the neck from Random and Mainstand too ( two most in the Know guys on the board) - but fairplay to Random he has put his hand up.

I apologise if i doubted you but in all honesty having listened to the interview it probably was a decision influenced significantly by Kirsten BUT there is still no proof of what she did wrong that hurt Tommy so much, other than say things were going to change in newspaper article.

I still believe there was possibly another issue behind the scenes that we have not heard about which influenced him. 

I'm happy Tommy has left in the way it has happened.   All on good terms.   Wouldn't have liked him to get sacked, or to be pinched.   Ive moved on but it was good to hear from him, heard more in that hour than the bbc coverage of the last decade.  The change brings fresh new ideas for a young promising squad.  I think we'll benefit with empty Covid-19 stands ha ha

I think i see it now.  For all the bombast coming out of Govan, the lockdown probably kept Gerrard in his job.  Should the Sons of William carry on as they did after Xmas when the season starts, Celtid are likely to have opened up a gap at the top of the league by October at which point the bold Steven will likely receive his jotters.  Tommy will then be well placed to come in from the wilderness and possibly lead Rangers* to the promised land.

3 hours ago, south inch said:

I think i see it now.  For all the bombast coming out of Govan, the lockdown probably kept Gerrard in his job.  Should the Sons of William carry on as they did after Xmas when the season starts, Celtid are likely to have opened up a gap at the top of the league by October at which point the bold Steven will likely receive his jotters.  Tommy will then be well placed to come in from the wilderness and possibly lead Rangers* to the promised land.

If Tommy never got a Scottish gig in the past 7 years I don't see him getting one now or in the future when he will be out of site in N Ireland.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

If Tommy never got a Scottish gig in the past 7 years I don't see him getting one now or in the future when he will be out of site in N Ireland.

The way he was talking on the interview he said that the IFA wanted to speak to him to give him feedback, could it be as under 21 manager. Ready to step up if barraclough gets a manager role at club level

10 hours ago, mainstand said:

The way he was talking on the interview he said that the IFA wanted to speak to him to give him feedback, could it be as under 21 manager. Ready to step up if barraclough gets a manager role at club level

I thought that too - or maybe some sort of role in the backroom staff, or helping out with watching players. Feels like it would make sense for him, especially as he can't do much else until at least November.

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

Different situation when he’s out of work and free.

You’re not going to convince me that every club in the bottom 6 PL / top half Championship wouldn’t be keen on Tommy. 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

Different situation when he’s out of work and free.

You’re not going to convince me that every club in the bottom 6 PL / top half Championship wouldn’t be keen on Tommy. 

I agree but can he realise success with a Hamilton or St.Mirren for example; It will be some bulding job and would he get the time? It just seems just a damn shame that he couldn't be encouraged to have a break and come back to St.Johnstone. He knows what potential our team has and must have been looking forward to this season.

But I've moved on also and wish Callum all the best in taking us forward.

Edited by SaintJet

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I agree but can he realise success with a Hamilton or St.Mirren for example; It will be some bulding job and would he get the time? It just seems just a damn shame that he couldn't be encouraged to have a break and come back to St.Johnstone. He knows what potential our team has and must have been looking forward to this season.

But I've moved on also and wish Callum all the best in taking us forward.

Yeah,and Kirsten is still in charge.