Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

5 hours ago, MySpazz said:

six months pay up front..... and / or paid out his contract (so common in football)

I would have thought that was more common when a manager is relieved of their duties. In this case it sounds a bit like virtually accepting a resignation providing he goes on gardening leave for 6 months in lieu of notice 

Can't find a link to it but I'm sure I've read in the past that November and December is the time of year when managers are most likely to be sacked. Clubs are terrified of being in the relegation zone at Christmas so they pull the trigger before then. So in terms of available jobs it's probably as good a time as any. And presumably there's nothing to stop clubs talking to him earlier than that and just keeping a caretaker in charge until November, if they really want him.

I think on balance the agreement is probably a fair one for both parties. Saints would rightly be very annoyed if they'd allowed him to walk away from a signed contract, only to immediately take up a job at one of our rivals and deny us a sizeable compensation.

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

I would have thought that was more common when a manager is relieved of their duties. In this case it sounds a bit like virtually accepting a resignation providing he goes on gardening leave for 6 months in lieu of notice 

Yeah I’d have thought the same. We’re not going to pay off Tommy when he wanted to leave. 

He’s obviously signed something to say he won’t take a job for 6 months, otherwise Saints will likely be due the value of his contract at a minimum 

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Can't find a link to it but I'm sure I've read in the past that November and December is the time of year when managers are most likely to be sacked. Clubs are terrified of being in the relegation zone at Christmas so they pull the trigger before then. So in terms of available jobs it's probably as good a time as any. And presumably there's nothing to stop clubs talking to him earlier than that and just keeping a caretaker in charge until November, if they really want him.

I think on balance the agreement is probably a fair one for both parties. Saints would rightly be very annoyed if they'd allowed him to walk away from a signed contract, only to immediately take up a job at one of our rivals and deny us a sizeable compensation.

Or the new club could buy-out the contract clause.

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I personally don't care... TW was a magician for us. Interesting abt compo though... rare you get compo when you ressign. ĂŚmagine it will be a small figure. TW is god.

He wasn’t allowed to take a job in Scotland until November, so I assume he’s being paid until then?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Yes it would but a better fit would be Perth!!!

Ha, aye!! Unfortunately not, Kirsten Robertson is still there, although you would be forgiven for forgetting that. Does she really exist?

Callum is a decent gaffer - he is just learning his trade.

Hopefully we stay up this year and next season we kick on when he has made his mistakes and learned from them.

Will be absolutely gut wrenching to see Tommy wearing the badge of any SPFL club to be honest.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

4 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Ha, aye!! Unfortunately not, Kirsten Robertson is still there, although you would be forgiven for forgetting that. Does she really exist?

Callum is a decent gaffer - he is just learning his trade.

Hopefully we stay up this year and next season we kick on when he has made his mistakes and learned from them.

Will be absolutely gut wrenching to see Tommy wearing the badge of any SPFL club to be honest.

I have had dealings with Kirsten and as I have said before she is nothing but polite helpful and always looks for solutions. Very professional lady.