Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

22 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I've said it before but I don't understand the grievance some have with C R

I've only dealt with her once but she couldn't have been nicer and more helpful 

It appears to me people reading into Kilmarnock fans comments and forming an option round that.

Linky have to say my experience has been the same went well over what was expected. Even dealing with an issue on a Sunday night for us in getting someone to a presentation night. 

Let's face it nobody that does that role in a club gets good press from fans  Stuart duff at saints got some terrible press but did a good job 

On 1/1/2021 at 5:12 PM, mainstand said:

Linky have to say my experience has been the same went well over what was expected. Even dealing with an issue on a Sunday night for us in getting someone to a presentation night. 

Let's face it nobody that does that role in a club gets good press from fans  Stuart duff at saints got some terrible press but did a good job 

Totally agree, I met her briefly last season and seemed nice.

I work for a sporting organisation myself in a similar role and it honestly doesn't matter what you do, people always want to point the finger and unfortunately you're often the easy target.

Thick skin required! 

Motherwell will interview former St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright and caretaker boss Keith Lasley while Graham Alexander, most recently at Salford, is also in the frame to replace Stephen Robinson as Fir Park manager. (Record)

Motherwell: Scottish Premiership club to interview four candidates for manager's job. Motherwell are hoping to announce the club's new manager within the next 48 hours, with caretaker Keith Lasley among the four candidates. Interviews are taking place on Tuesday and Wednesday. If the process is concluded as expected, Stephen Robinson's successor will likely be in the dugout for Saturday's game against St Mirren. (BBC)

On 12/31/2020 at 6:42 PM, saintgscot said:

I have had dealings with Kirsten and as I have said before she is nothing but polite helpful and always looks for solutions. Very professional lady. 

No offence but it really isn't important how nice she is to you both - she was enough to cause our greatest ever manager to walk out of the door. The manager has a completely different relationship to her than fans and it just isn't comparable.

I can't see anything but bad news for us if Tommy does go to Motherwell, no doubt they will get those six free points again but he can squeeze far more points from winning positions that Callum has managed thus far.

6 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

I can't see anything but bad news for us if Tommy does go to Motherwell, no doubt they will get those six free points again but he can squeeze far more points from winning positions that Callum has managed thus far.

Yep - and no doubt he'd also start sniffing around some of our out of contract players.

11 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Yep - and no doubt he'd also start sniffing around some of our out of contract players.

I'm not sure who he'd really want, or who would be willing to go there? Kerr maybe? Perhaps Gordon? He could offer them higher wages, but it's not like signing for Aberdeen/Hibs. McCann would be hoping for something better I imagine

29 minutes ago, Linky said:

I'm not sure who he'd really want, or who would be willing to go there? Kerr maybe? Perhaps Gordon? He could offer them higher wages, but it's not like signing for Aberdeen/Hibs. McCann would be hoping for something better I imagine

Gordon, Tanser, Davidson, Wotherspoon and May all spring to mind, and who all might fancy joining him due to their careers under him.

I'm not saying they would all leave, but those are the ones who might have a connection with him and be tempted, especially with our current position.

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

- she was enough to cause our greatest ever manager to walk out of the door. The manager has a completely different relationship to her than fans and it just isn't comparable.

Hang on...Tommy worked with Steve Brown for 8 years (or whatever) and you're saying he walked after 6 months with KR? Is that what you're saying?

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Gordon, Tanser, Davidson, Wotherspoon and May all spring to mind, and who all might fancy joining him due to their careers under him.

Yep, this. More money and the chance to reunite with a very good manager who gets the best out of them. I don't think it takes a massive leap of imagination to see most of the above being willing to consider that move.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

I'm not saying they would all leave, but those are the ones who might have a connection with him and be tempted, especially with our current position.

Really? I'd suggest that Davidson, Wotherspoon and May are too old or tied to the club emotionally to go to another club which is not much of a step up. Given the form of these players, I don't think the Motherwell board will be too keen on offering contracts to them anyway.

Gordon & Tanser I could see as possibilities.

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Ironically I don’t think I have ever watched Motherwell play and thought, “wow, what expansive football they play”

I'd say that about basically every team in the division. It's weird how fans of every Scottish club seem to insist that they're football purists, flying completely in the face of the reality of what they actually watch every week.

For the most part I don't think Saints' style under Tommy was any less entertaining than most other clubs. And even when it was, the success more than made up for it.

55 minutes ago, Linky said:

Really? I'd suggest that Davidson, Wotherspoon and May are too old or tied to the club emotionally to go to another club which is not much of a step up. Given the form of these players, I don't think the Motherwell board will be too keen on offering contracts to them anyway.

Gordon & Tanser I could see as possibilities.

Davidson has tried to leave before, May has left before, and Wotherspoon and TW clearly had a close relationship. 

Neither Davidson or May have come close to playing as well this season as last either IMO, maybe see TW as the reason?

I'd be surprised if he didn't make them choose by offering them something tbh.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Davidson has tried to leave before, May has left before, and Wotherspoon and TW clearly had a close relationship. 

Neither Davidson or May have come close to playing as well this season as last either IMO, maybe see TW as the reason?

Maybe - I just can't see it.

None of them are in great form, Motherwell couldn't offer a huge amount more than us, none of them are particularly young (how many seasons has Davidson really got left?), all of them are emotionally attached to the club, would the Motherwell board really sanction signing a striker who has scored so few goals this season from open play? Would they take the chance of signing for a club that isn't much bigger or more successful than us, that generally has a very high turnover of players each season (compared to us who are a pretty safe bet of offering new contracts and coaching opportunities in the future)?

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

We all know Davidson is tied to St.johnstone for reasons not for here .don't we?

Stuart duff at saints got some terrible press but did a good job 

Total gentleman. Opened the main door at Mcdiarmid for me and my two accompanying policemen sometime in the early 90s, my hands were a bit tied you see.