Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Couldn’t see him taking Killie job 

Loads of golf courses near to prestwick.airport for flights home.  Will be ideal for him I would think. Think Billy Bowie is one of these businessmen That gets what he wants so if he has his mind set on Tommy he will get him.

13 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Let's just watch their average attendances drop from 6000 to 3000 with Tommy's anti football.

Really!! 

If he is a success then I doubt it. 

Personally, I hope he gets the gig. He is a football man through and through. I am pretty certain, as a legend, he will be worshipped when he comes back to McD, irrespective of whether it is Killie or another side. Bit ironic that he might going to the place where ‘that woman’ was before getting the job at McD. Hahaha

56 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Loads of golf courses near to prestwick.airport for flights home.  Will be ideal for him I would think. Think Billy Bowie is one of these businessmen That gets what he wants so if he has his mind set on Tommy he will get him.

Really!! 

If he is a success then I doubt it. 

I agree with Cagey. 

I rarely enjoyed watching us under Tommy. It put me off making the 150 mile round trip to home games. 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

I agree with Cagey. 

I rarely enjoyed watching us under Tommy. It put me off making the 150 mile round trip to home games. 

I think he gave us a fairly successful side and it maybe wasn't the free flowing all in football that folk might want to see, I am afraid it never put me off a minimum of a 70 mile round trip home or away. 

22 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I think he gave us a fairly successful side and it maybe wasn't the free flowing all in football that folk might want to see, I am afraid it never put me off a minimum of a 70 mile round trip home or away. 

Never put me off either mainstand..

You knew turning up at Easter Road, Tynecastle or Dens that with Tommy as the manager we were always in with a shout of leaving with a win and that excited/motivated me to keep following Saints.

Considering what we pay players etc I was more than happy for my eyes to bleed on occasion if it meant I could get it right up my Arab or Jambo pals. 

1 minute ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Would he fancy bringing Liam Craig in as a coach?

Stevie May would be available on a free in the summer, as would Chris Kane and Michael O’Halloran.

Suggestions on Pie & Bovril that Frazer Wright will be his assistant.

Could see Tommy going for all three if he secures Killie Premier status but will he go for Danny Swanson again!!

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Would he fancy bringing Liam Craig in as a coach?

Stevie May would be available on a free in the summer, as would Chris Kane and Michael O’Halloran.

Just to put the Stevie May thing to bed he signed a two year deal plus option of another year.

Screenshot_20210208-004653.png

Decent enough move for Tommy, like others I would have preferred him to manage a team outwith our league. Some people reckon he might think about plundering Saints for a couple of players, I remember Tommy being quite opinionated regarding plastic pitches and he dropped certain players rather than risk them getting injuries ((or aggravating old injuries) on these surfaces. Any of these players still with us  ??  Was May one of them ? 

10 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Could see Tommy going for all three if he secures Killie Premier status but will he go for Danny Swanson again!!

Frazer is assistant at BSC at present so that would be a fair step up for him, I am surprised he is not going for Alex Clelland as his assistant. That would give Saints a place for Liam to move on to the coaching staff. 

On players available at the end of the season, i would not be surprised if MOH was on his radar, he seems to bring the best out of him.

Good luck to him but certainly not when we play him, he will just be another manager then.

11 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

I think if he is going to get an ex-player MacKay is a better bet and has more experience. Or would Davidson bring MacKay in if Cleland left?

Edited by Johnny B