Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

I think like most fans I would ideally liked him to have got the Northern Ireland job or a job outwith Scotland. Being based in Northern Ireland the job is ideal location wise. Hope it works out for him - if he turns them around could be a step up to an even bigger role like Steve Clarke. Maybe we should hang fire on the East Stand chasing it's name to the Tommy Wright stand. You never know where he might end up - we might need to install marble staircases :lol:

12 minutes ago, Bruno Strasser said:

I think like most fans I would ideally liked him to have got the Northern Ireland job or a job outwith Scotland. Being based in Northern Ireland the job is ideal location wise. Hope it works out for him - if he turns them around could be a step up to an even bigger role like Steve Clarke. Maybe we should hang fire on the East Stand chasing it's name to the Tommy Wright stand. You never know where he might end up - we might need to install marble staircases :lol:

He’s a pal of Lennon so cannae  see him going up a marble staircase.

take them down tommy take them down and down with yer shit killie pies and killie bunnet as well.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Tommy must be desperate for a job. Working with a director of football,plastic pitch & having the under 20s coach foisted on him as assistant.

Paul Stephenson is suppose to have been an ex teamate of Tommy's at Newcastle and was not under 20 coach he was head of youth under Steve Clark when he was there 

Have we consistently been linked with many players alongside Killie in the past? It mostly seems to be Ross, Fakes, Dundee Utd etc. That may change with Tommy there. Although I'm sure TW will have been given a decent kitty to attract players we can't afford anyway. At least he left us with 2 excellent signings in McCart & Rooney. 

Good on him- he did a great job for us and I’d say he moved on at the right time for both him and the club. He clearly wanted a change and isn’t probably quite surprised a “bigger club” hasn’t come calling.

Here’s hoping he does a good job for Kilmarnock and comes one place below us in the league. 

16 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Have we consistently been linked with many players alongside Killie in the past? It mostly seems to be Ross, Fakes, Dundee Utd etc. That may change with Tommy there. Although I'm sure TW will have been given a decent kitty to attract players we can't afford anyway. At least he left us with 2 excellent signings in McCart & Rooney. 

I'm just happy we got Spoony tied up on a longer deal before this happened. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he considers approaching some of our other players who haven't yet signed up, though.

Apart from MOH & Hendry (Booth maybe?), if they are offered a secure place in the first-team, I'm not sure any of his favourites would leave to go to Killie. They are unlikely to pay higher wages. Perhaps he might bring Drey Wright in. I can't see any of May, Kane, Craig or Davidson going unless they have to. Tanser has his sights set on higher things.