George Grieve

Taxi for Tommy?

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Alleged by a United fan who's also a journalist, through an article that contains absolutely no comments from TW at all and is simply the journalists opinion.

Ah so he has written it like fact but its only his opinion. Terrible would never see that on here would you @RandomGuy :razz:

 

Edited by mainstand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC states

Former St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright is open to an open approach from Dundee United over their managerial vacancy - but would want a more hands-on role in recruitment and the running of the club than Robbie Neilson had. (Courier)

Is that what TW stated or what the journalist believes. Are there any quotes in the Courier article?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Alleged by a United fan who's also a journalist, through an article that contains absolutely no comments from TW at all and is simply the journalists opinion.

Agreed. He has just taken what he knows about Tommy & made up a story.

Levein has shown an interest in the job so no contest then.

Levein Director of football & Tommy as manager. Dream team ! :razz:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

BBC states

Former St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright is open to an open approach from Dundee United over their managerial vacancy - but would want a more hands-on role in recruitment and the running of the club than Robbie Neilson had. (Courier)

Is that what TW stated or what the journalist believes. Are there any quotes in the Courier article?? 

No quotes from TW.

Article has two paragraphs on TW.

One says hes been made the favourite by the bookmakers. The other lists his St Johnstone achievements. 

Article then discusses Craig Levein in detail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

BBC states

Former St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright is open to an open approach from Dundee United over their managerial vacancy - but would want a more hands-on role in recruitment and the running of the club than Robbie Neilson had. (Courier)

Is that what TW stated or what the journalist believes. Are there any quotes in the Courier article?? 

It's a very strange article - I read through the whole thing expecting to find a quote from TW, but there isn't one. So either Tommy spoke to him and didn't want to be quoted, or the journalist is speculating wildly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

It's a very strange article - I read through the whole thing expecting to find a quote from TW, but there isn't one. So either Tommy spoke to him and didn't want to be quoted, or the journalist is speculating wildly.

In reality, the headline and the article don't even marry up....Roach has done a piece on the job and someone's just plonked a random (sorry Random!!) headline at the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Open Goal with Si Ferry tonight has Richard Foster as a guest.

Interesting listen, says he made up with Tommy, has talked with him a few times throughout lockdown and that he regrets his fall out with Tommy and how it ended at Saints.

He wasn’t suprised Tommy left and hints at things Tommy wasn’t happy with behind scenes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Strawman said:

Open Goal with Si Ferry tonight has Richard Foster as a guest.

Interesting listen, says he made up with Tommy, has talked with him a few times throughout lockdown and that he regrets his fall out with Tommy and how it ended at Saints.

He wasn’t suprised Tommy left and hints at things Tommy wasn’t happy with behind scenes.

Aye, Richard is worth believing right enough :roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is believed that United don't want Tommy for the job & he doesn't want job.

I don't think he will get NI job either.

It is a great puzzle why Tommy after 7 successful years at Saints with a small budget has never been head hunted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cagey said:

It is believed that United don't want Tommy for the job & he doesn't want job.

I don't think he will get NI job either.

It is a great puzzle why Tommy after 7 successful years at Saints with a small budget has never been head hunted.

Never believed the story in the first place that United or Tommy were linked.

Cheap journalism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 10:43 PM, Strawman said:

Open Goal with Si Ferry tonight has Richard Foster as a guest.

Interesting listen, says he made up with Tommy, has talked with him a few times throughout lockdown and that he regrets his fall out with Tommy and how it ended at Saints.

He wasn’t suprised Tommy left and hints at things Tommy wasn’t happy with behind scenes.

Did it go something like:

“ I think there was a few things that started to annoy him about the club. I heard through the grapevine that it got to the point where he went, ‘you know what, I’ve had enough’”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cagey said:

It is a great puzzle why Tommy after 7 successful years at Saints with a small budget has never been head hunted.

How do you know he hasn't been? Just because he didn't go anywhere, doesn't mean no one else wanted him.

I seem to remember United being linked with him before, and Saints responding by giving him an improved new contract - maybe others on here might remember what happened there better than I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

How do you know he hasn't been? Just because he didn't go anywhere, doesn't mean no one else wanted him.

I seem to remember United being linked with him before, and Saints responding by giving him an improved new contract - maybe others on here might remember what happened there better than I can.

Sacked wee Jackie and came in for Tommy hence the improved contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

How do you know he hasn't been? Just because he didn't go anywhere, doesn't mean no one else wanted him.

I seem to remember United being linked with him before, and Saints responding by giving him an improved new contract - maybe others on here might remember what happened there better than I can.

I remember the United  link but it is widely reported there has been no other interest & nearly every ex player and anyone remotely connected with Saints has expressed their surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Now being widely reported Baraclough has been offered the NI job.

Wonder where TW goes from here.

I would suggest sit with his feet up for about 3/5 months/ then if he really wants to  get a £500 a gig on radio Scotland open all Mics and haver pish for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon.  All IMO  .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...