Stefan Scougall

Cagey

Bit frustrating as I always liked him as a player and felt that he could have done well in this season's more attacking team, with two wingers on either side of him. Still, no point in holding onto a player who's earning a big wage and not playing, and if there's been some sort of issue between him and Tommy that can't be resolved then obviously he has to go. Don't think he'll have any problems finding a club.

4 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

This isn’t the end of the story. If he’s on a big wage, it may be unlikely he can match that anywhere else likely to be interested in him, and might choose too just run down his contract?

I think the most likely way would be a club loaning him and only paying a percentage of his wage, depending on the club.

I suspect he knows he won't get the same wage elsewhere on a permanent move, and would prefer to continue earning his money, while playing regularly for six months, in the hope it wins him a better contract in the Summer than he'd earn now.

16 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

This isn’t the end of the story. If he’s on a big wage, it may be unlikely he can match that anywhere else likely to be interested in him, and might choose too just run down his contract?

He might do the same as Midge & hang on & become the mainstay of the team due to injury & still get pumped at the end of the season.