Hibs vs Saints 03/11/18 Game 12

ss75990

Saints deserved the win. Typical Tommy performance, of the sort we got used to in years past. Solid at the back, and opened up a few chances on the break. Hit the bar, missed a pen, and had a few other half-chances.

Hibs were poor, and the Saints back-four didn't really give them much. Zander had a couple of easy saves.

Wasn’t confident at all after hearing our team line up, but that was a brilliant  performance from Saints. Halfway thru first half went 4-3-1-2 and continued to be positive the whole game after weathering a but of hibs pressure early in the second half.

Zander and the back four were outstanding. Callaghan and Nydham, who I admit to being critical of pre-match, had good games. I thought Callaghan in particular was excellent.

Our attacking options are frightening. Swanson was right up for it from the second he came on.

Cracking ball in from Spoony for the goal.

And the scenes at the goal were brilliant. Great to turn in a performance in front of a very good travelling support.

Really good game and to be honest I'd have settled for a draw. But Saints probably shaded it bossing the game and looking really dangerous in attack - missing a penalty, hitting the bar (cracking effort from Nydam) and heading a sitter wide (usual post-half-time Watt special). Then Spoony floats in the perfect free kick and Joe was there to make our day.

Defence was excellent as well - Zander made some great saves and Kerr strolled through the game. Nydam and Callachan fitted in well in midfield as well - wasn't really a bad performer on the park.

Just got to sort out the bloody penalties....

Edited by templeofsaints