Hibs vs Saints 03/11/18 Game 12

ss75990

10 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Just watched game on Alba.

1st point- Worst player on the park was Whittaker of Hibs. Crosses generally overhit and drifted out or found Foster at the back post.

2nd point- When are Foster's throw-ins going to be to a team mate?

3rd point- Drey Wright was immense .

Our throw ins have been poor for a while!  It was possibly the Motherwell game I noticed we had a lack of options and movement, and lost possession nearly every time.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Our throw ins have been poor for a while!  It was possibly the Motherwell game I noticed we had a lack of options and movement, and lost possession nearly every time.

Throw ins have been a problem for a few season now. I would like to see stats on how many times we lose possession from throw ins.

It always annoyed me when players let a ball roll out when they have a chance to control it, knowing that we will lose it.

With the attacking midfield options shown too us on Saturday, don’t see why Scougall should be at the club. Swanson, Wright and Kennedy are more than enough, and better players than Scougall. He is still a good player but just not for our team i think. Any thoughts?

Edited by ollyforsyth

17 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I seem to remember Radford saying he didn’t see what all the fuss was about with Wright earlier this season? 

Slightly disingenuous. Wright has possibly been our best player so far, I just think some of the praise has been OTT. He's not in the class of Swanson or O'Halloran before him.

It's hard to criticise a lack of end product when he puts one on a plate for Watt just after half-time but I want my attacking midfielders scoring/creating 10-15 goals a season.

He and the whole team were very good on Saturday.

50 minutes ago, ollyforsyth said:

With the attacking midfield options shown too us on Saturday, don’t see why Scougall should be at the club. Swanson, Wright and Kennedy are more than enough, and better players than Scougall. He is still a good player but just not for our team i think. Any thoughts?

There is a thread re Scougall.

Watched the game on Alba, and thought Saints were definitely the stronger team in the last 20 minutes, but could have been 0-2 down at that point on another day.  Nothing quite like a winner 'at the death'.

Saints' discipline record seems to have been very good in the past few games - fewer fouls and yellow cards compared to opponents.  Maybe a positive focus by the management team?

Is Ross Callaghan the new Paul Paton?  He can be hugely influential without touching the ball.  Definitely our Mr Angry.

3 hours ago, ollyforsyth said:

Yeah let’s go and tell him to go way we don’t want or need you. Why pick on Scougall I’m sure there are other players at the club who are not needed. I for one would be quite happy if we had to call on him. Lets not start “but he’s one of the top earners” that can only be resolved in a transfer window. Moan over.

18 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Just watched game on Alba.

1st point- Worst player on the park was Whittaker of Hibs. Crosses generally overhit and drifted out or found Foster at the back post.

2nd point- When are Foster's throw-ins going to be to a team mate?

3rd point- Drey Wright was immense .

Saints have been piss poor at throw-ins for the last 36 years that I have watched them!!

3 hours ago, Old Lethamite said:

Watched the game on Alba, and thought Saints were definitely the stronger team in the last 20 minutes, but could have been 0-2 down at that point on another day.  Nothing quite like a winner 'at the death'.

Saints' discipline record seems to have been very good in the past few games - fewer fouls and yellow cards compared to opponents.  Maybe a positive focus by the management team?

Is Ross Callaghan the new Paul Paton?  He can be hugely influential without touching the ball.  Definitely our Mr Angry.

Is there a fair play entry to Europe as Saints foul count & bookings must be the lowest in the league.

3 hours ago, Old Lethamite said:

Watched it on alba but struggling to see how you could work out we could have been 2 down. Surely you have to  look at tongs header and young lad hitting the bar as great chances for saints. 

On 11/5/2018 at 4:18 PM, Stumpy1966 said:

Yeah let’s go and tell him to go way we don’t want or need you. Why pick on Scougall I’m sure there are other players at the club who are not needed. I for one would be quite happy if we had to call on him. Lets not start “but he’s one of the top earners” that can only be resolved in a transfer window. Moan over.

On 11/5/2018 at 1:11 PM, Cagey said:

There is a thread re Scougall.

Great way to welcome a new poster, well done lads:roll:

No wonder this forum is dying a death.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:20 PM, ollyforsyth said:

Agreed. Scougall hasn't lived up to expectations at all.

Welcome to the forum,  try not to let the miners and forum police put you off.

10 hours ago, jhq said:

Great way to welcome a new poster, well done lads:roll:

No wonder this forum is dying a death.

I don’t think anything I said was policing his post. I just said his post was stupid in as much as weather we think he should be at the club nothing can be done until a transfer window. Just because he is a new poster it doesn’t mean to say that we have to agree with his post. Just in case you haven’t realised “I don’t”.

signed ex-miner & ex-police

Guest ScottMann
On 11/7/2018 at 7:13 AM, jhq said:

Agreed. Scougall hasn't lived up to expectations at all.

Welcome to the forum,  try not to let the miners and forum police put you off.

Have you now introduced the forum police police? :wink:

22 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Can you settle a work argument for us please John? Is global warming really a thing? 

If you look under my left arm there is a garbage bin that is about 10 feet from edge of ocean, ocean froze later this year and it is a concern up here. to make this post legal for the forum polis COYS:laugh: cheers John

Edited by john.w