Stjohnstone v Hamilton

slf

1 minute ago, sixties saintee said:

I raise you Aird Hall Connolly and Aitken

Sixties I like your standard, today was possibly the best all round performance in the top league I have seen!

I was 10/11 years old  Ormond era and that was the benchmark for me.

However the old man who is a 91 year old season ticket holder said today that was the best St Johnstone performance he could remember then that was how good we were today, (he even saw Paddy Buckley FFS),

Today irrespective of what level of football you play in we were good. 

That was good, very very good!

The comment above about tricks, flicks megs etc is spot on. I have never seen a Saints team as gallous as that.

Outstanding from back to front, proper football.

Liam easily MotM and has made that position his own. 

Kennedy, Watt and Wright are an awesome combo!

The Drey Wright meg was an absolute joy to behold. That laddie is absolute class!

Awesome performance, composed, entertaining, invent some new words.

Wright, Kennedy, where did we find these guys? And Liam Craig is probably playing the best football of his life.

The defence don't look like they'll concede a goal any time soon, no desperate challenges or frantic clearances, just strolling through the game.

Can we get a replay of that Celtic game please.

38 minutes ago, Dave Ferg said:

Regarding the crowd I see fans there with season tickets from Ardnamurchan (check that on the map) and the Highlands. I seriously can't believe Perthshire doesn't support Saints enough. 

They deserve better.

Thats an incredible effort and puts all the local fans to shame tbh.I come from roughly the same area but have to contend with Calmac to get back! May well make more of an effort if this continues.COYS!

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Wright Watt Kennedy. Never seen anything like that since Maskery Grant Moore.

Just wait until Swanson gets a chance to join in too...

Agreed about the crowd, the figure seems low.

Not sure why there's been a few snide wee digs at Shaughnessy, you need captains all over the park, and they don't all need to shout and bawl. Agree Craig was superb though, completely ran the show and has the experience to know when to slow play down and when to speed it up.

Best performance I've seen at McDiarmid I think. So much hunger to win the ball and total fearlessness when they got it, we'll probably concede a few from getting too cocky, but if it gives us games like this, I'll take it. Signing Wright and Kennedy, for nothing, is incredible business. 

Give Tommy a new contract now, Broon, and please sign it Tommy. You both trusted each other this Summer and this is what that brings.

Genuinely feel like we could win the Scottish Cup again this year..

Edited by RandomGuy

That was one hell of a performance quite amazing how much confidence has returned. Very entertaining and good to watch. Not a bad display all at least a 7 out of 10. Both full backs great, Joe and Jason solid so much so that Zander had a very quiet afternoon.

Third season in a row Murray has scored against Accies at home we look so much better with him alongside Liam who was excellent. Spoony seems to be benefiting massively from having quality players around him and I'm delighted last 2 home games he's been more like his old self. As for Wright, Watt and Kennedy, they all had great games and their pace and directness must be a nightmare for defenders.

Best home display for some time loving this run long may it continue

8 hours ago, slf said:

I always saw  Jim Pearson as the junior part of the best ever saints team.

am no as auld as yer mucker  hoodlum mate so best  let ye  both both fight it out .ha ha 

Takes him aw his time to remember what he had for his tea, just give him little reminders its kinder.:P

9 hours ago, saintee in exile said:

Thats an incredible effort and puts all the local fans to shame tbh.I come from roughly the same area but have to contend with Calmac to get back! May well make more of an effort if this continues.COYS!

Slags of fans who don't go when he doesn't go himself, sounds about right.

3 hours ago, Cagerf said:

There were 61 Hamilton fans which did not help the crowd figure.  (I counted them from the east stand)

I counted 70 before the two minutes silence.A bus pulled into the car park and they were prevented from taking their seats until it was over..So I would say their support was around 110 

51 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I counted 70 before the two minutes silence.A bus pulled into the car park and they were prevented from taking their seats until it was over..So I would say their support was around 110 

I was just as sad and did the exact same. I don’t think there were 110 by the end of the game : )

11 hours ago, Gas Monkey said:

No I was not referring to the size of the overall crowd as St Mirren did bring a good support. I just thought the East Stand looked fuller that it did in St Mirren game

It was about 300 people busier I would guess.  St Mirren had about 500 more than Accies did they not?

Guest ScottMann

Brilliant. We've waited a while for a resounding league win like that. 

There were some good quotes floating around from Tommy, the BBC...honest!...and Hibs fans about how well Saints had played at Easter Road, keeping the ball on the ground and passing well. Saints should have used some of this to promote this game but of course did nothing. We've now got two weeks before a potentially cracking home game v Killie. The general praise for our performance has been even better and clips of goals/play gives Gary plenty of material to try and help get some bums back on seats for that one. The breath will not be held though.