Saints v Kilmarnock 24/11/18 League Game 14

garydavidson

It is worse than Swansons shoulder to shoulder near the end in front of the East stand.

Anyone recall we got a free kick right on edge of box in first half, to me it looked stone wall penalty at the time but only appeared me to shout this around me. Love to see that foul inside/outside the box on 18 yard line.

Shoulder to shoulder isn’t a foul in the laws,that’s why Swansons one was a rediculous decision from Collum,although Kane wasn’t felled within reach of the ball,so Collum made a dubious call.Dave H,if it’s Dreys one it was outside the box,right in line with that one

Edited by dave mc

38 minutes ago, dave mc said:

.Dave H,if it’s Dreys one it was outside the box,right in line with that one

Yeah, thats the one, started inside the box and fell outside was my thinking at the time. Blue tinted specs, def stone wall pen in my head.

Edited by Dave H

On 11/24/2018 at 7:01 PM, Havana Saint said:

Don't want to be critical when it was a great performance from nearly all players, but I am struggling to see the purpose and value of continually taking Watt off and putting Kane on.

Kane gave the ball away twice and is not as good at holding play up - especially when the game was so  much in the balance.

Tony Watt has started 17 games completing only three of them and being subbed off 14 times! It has been very very rare for Tommy not to use all three subs so far this season.

Glad a few people on here thought like me that Willie Millers appraisal of the game was way off. When I  got in the car listening to the radio  I thought he must have watched a different game from me. Killie are a good side and we matched them up well and that game could have went either way.

Defense were again excellent, Kerr and Joe commanding and Tanser continues to excel, I really rate him; wish he took the free kick near the end. Best I've seen Spoony for ages but I thought Muzz looked quiet. Tony Watt didn't get a sniff but don't underestimate the how keeps the opposition honest. Wright and Kennedy have undoubtedly added a new dimension to our game we look very capable and I think we might give a few teams a fright this year. Good entertainment for a 0-0. Would be remiss not to mention the baldy midfielder for Killie who was man of the match - I don't know his name. 

1 hour ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

How the fuk was that not a penalty? Irrespective on whether or not he could have got to the ball. Off ball assault.

I haven't seen the proper film of it, only this jerky jpeg, but it doesn't look like a penalty to me. Kane ran into him. I'm not even sure the defender knew he was there. But need to see it properly.

But it's academic. We'd have missed the penalty anyway...

13 hours ago, sleepless said:

I haven't seen the proper film of it, only this jerky jpeg, but it doesn't look like a penalty to me. Kane ran into him. I'm not even sure the defender knew he was there. But need to see it properly.

But it's academic. We'd have missed the penalty anyway...

You should really watch the highlights on the bbc and then come back to this. He actively looks over his shoulder and sees Kane and then moves over and drops his shoulder into him.

It is on the BBC website - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/46337677

19 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Would be remiss not to mention the baldy midfielder for Killie who was man of the match - I don't know his name. 

If it's the one who played on the right (no. 29 I think), it's Chris Burke that used to play for Rangers years back. Agree he's very good, was excellent in the opening game of the season down there as well.

Can't be who SJ meant though cos he's no bald!

Agree that Power seemed involved in everything, he dictated the play in the second half. Their whole midfield is really strong, along with a solid defence..  you can see how they're one of the few teams who can stand up to Celtic.

Think they play them soon, so a chance for us to close the gap on the top of the table again if they pinch a result :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, garydavidson said:

You should really watch the highlights on the bbc and then come back to this. He actively looks over his shoulder and sees Kane and then moves over and drops his shoulder into him.

It is on the BBC website - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/46337677

Yep, it looks like a penalty on that.

We'd still have missed it though....

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree that Power seemed involved in everything, he dictated the play in the second half. Their whole midfield is really strong, along with a solid defence..  you can see how they're one of the few teams who can stand up to Celtic.

Think they play them soon, so a chance for us to close the gap on the top of the table again if they pinch a result :rolleyes:

Thanks - Definitely Chris Burke - I googled him after you posted but I agree with McCari that Power was also very good.

Killie are an extremely good side so we should be pleased that we can go toe to toe with them. 

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

He was allowed to dictate play in second half as we dropped back & surrendered play.

Muzz had his quietest game for a while(must have been lack of hair) & Liam didn't reach the hights of previous games.