Drey Wright

Kilgour

2 hours ago, tucker said:

Shame been outstanding since joining,people who think scougall is the answer must be off your head, the lad is no where near the level Wright has played at week in week out,would play kennedy and swanson on the wings with mcmillIan number ten role.

Unfortunately there is no one near the level of Drey Wright in our squad.

3 hours ago, tucker said:

Shame been outstanding since joining,people who think scougall is the answer must be off your head, the lad is no where near the level Wright has played at week in week out,would play kennedy and swanson on the wings with mcmillIan number ten role.

Name me one player that has been at the level of Wright. I think the reasons many believe Scougall can help the side has been discussed on here several times. I also don't want him to be given Wright's role in the team, rather in a central position where he plays best. It will likely be the job of Davidson or Swanson to play on the right hand side.

Going off the same reasoning why would you want McMillan in the team? He's never hit the same levels as Drey either.

The good thing is that we now have options pretty much in every position- the chairman should be applauded for that as the Swanson deal was a luxury that has now turned into a very smart bit of business.

18 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Think we’ll go with a mix out of Kennedy, Swanson, Spoony, Scougall,Alston and McMillan, In a 3 behind Watt, most can play in all or most positions 

:lol: well done Dave, just mention the whole squad as options, tactical genius. 

17 hours ago, garydavidson said:

The only clip of it on the highlights I saw he was getting carried by two people and only had one foot touching the ground?

Never saw what caused the actual injury was it just one of those ones that didn't look like anything?

He slipped just on the edge of the pitch and landed just off the touchline. It was an accident don't think saints have astro down the side of the touchline now so it was obviously just a slip on grass. 

Hope the lad makes it back, from what I can see on Wikipedia he had a knee op in October 2013 which kept him out for 5 months, then re-injured it in August 2014 but came back a month later only to injure it again and miss the rest of the season with cruciate ligament damage.

You hope this time that it isn't a sign of his knee saying enough is enough.

6 hours ago, mainstand said:

He slipped just on the edge of the pitch and landed just off the touchline. It was an accident don't think saints have astro down the side of the touchline now so it was obviously just a slip on grass. 

How many of those have we had now? Our worst injuries are when no one else is near the player. Rotten luck.

On 11/29/2018 at 10:02 AM, Widge said:

No doubt it’s a blow, but I guess there’s always hope he’ll be back early. Christophe Berra was meant to be out for 6 months and just 3 months later is back playing. Albeit a different type of injury. 

I was at the Physio yesterday ( regarding a knee injury)  and asked her about Dre's injury. She was extremely knowledgeable and explained we won't see Dre until October next year providing all goes well with his operation.

Didn't realize how serious this injury was. Get well soon Dre and all Saints fans are pulling for you. 

On 11/29/2018 at 12:35 PM, SlickDT said:

It will likely be the job of Davidson or Swanson to play on the right hand side.

Going off the same reasoning why would you want McMillan in the team? He's never hit the same levels as Drey either.

I'm fairly positive it won't be Murray Davidson playing on the right hand side.

Regarding your second point, nobody has been at the level of Drey Wright over the season so far as mentioned, and McMillan wouldn't be playing in the same position. He did well for us earlier in the season, so I wouldn't have a problem with him being brought in for games we go two out and out strikers upfront.  Definitely wouldn't do it just now though, as Kennedy has looked a different player through the middle so surely has to stay there while he's playing so well.

For the Hearts game I'd put Swanson on, possibly swapping him and Spoony left/ right.

31 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm fairly positive it won't be Murray Davidson playing on the right hand side.

Regarding your second point, nobody has been at the level of Drey Wright over the season so far as mentioned, and McMillan wouldn't be playing in the same position. He did well for us earlier in the season, so I wouldn't have a problem with him being brought in for games we go two out and out strikers upfront.  Definitely wouldn't do it just now though, as Kennedy has looked a different player through the middle so surely has to stay there while he's playing so well.

For the Hearts game I'd put Swanson on, possibly swapping him and Spoony left/ right.

Put Davidson by mistake- in fact meant Weather spoon. My bad.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

The Courier is saying that Drey's facing a long period out.

Bad news. Last year's player of the year.

I was hoping he'd start to hit the heights again after returning from injury.

I'm not sure if any of the rest of them are up to taking his place.

St Johnstone star Drey Wright faces long spell out with knee injury (thecourier.co.uk)

9 minutes ago, Gekko said:

The Courier is saying that Drey's facing a long period out.

Bad news. Last year's player of the year.

I was hoping he'd start to hit the heights again after returning from injury.

I'm not sure if any of the rest of them are up to taking his place.

St Johnstone star Drey Wright faces long spell out with knee injury (thecourier.co.uk)

Just when we are hopefully getting Clark back we cop this injury.