Looking for help to purchase tickets to the Celtic match

Lindberg

On 1/16/2019 at 1:59 PM, blueheaven said:

This is one of the problems with this ticketing strategy - people are prevented from going and giving the club their money.

I have the same problem in London. Tried and failed to buy West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Millwall, QPR tickets as not registered.  I have done what this poster has done and used fans forums and sourced a ticket from kind souled members.  Then when in the ground you see spare seats.  Really annoying that neutrals are forced to pay over the odds on the secondary market or simply can't get in to watch.

As for the neutral, welcome, happy that you have sorted your tickets, but as you might see, we hate Celtic and Rangers, just remember you all need to be cheering the blue shirts on.  

not that i have any soft spot for Aberdeen,  but at least they hate the Old Squirm. (who doesn't outside of the SFA). i remember years ago there was a bar- i think on Union St, where they had a screen in the urinals showing Mark Hateley scoring against the Dons. it was on a loop. so you pissed on his face. quite satisfying. most times I've ever been to the dunny.

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

i remember years ago there was a bar- i think on Union St, where they had a screen in the urinals showing Mark Hateley scoring against the Dons. it was on a loop. so you pissed on his face. quite satisfying. most times I've ever been to the dunny.

I heard someone mention this the other day, it was Paramount Bar in Aberdeen.

Mentioned briefly in this article under 1995

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/1770821.stm

13 hours ago, Dave H said:

I have the same problem in London. Tried and failed to buy West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Millwall, QPR tickets as not registered.  I have done what this poster has done and used fans forums and sourced a ticket from kind souled members.  Then when in the ground you see spare seats.  Really annoying that neutrals are forced to pay over the odds on the secondary market or simply can't get in to watch.

I've occasionally found that it's easier to get tickets for matches if you go through the away club, especially if it's a club that is unlikely to bring much of a crowd.

13 hours ago, garydavidson said:

I heard someone mention this the other day, it was Paramount Bar in Aberdeen.

Mentioned briefly in this article under 1995

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/1770821.stm

that's the one! not sure how long they could keep it going without getting busted, but entertainment plus.

Guest ScottMann

As you apparently are genuine Danish football fans I hope you enjoy your visit to Saints. You'll be made more than welcome.

It's just a pity you've chosen a game against one of the bigots to go to. Hopefully this thread will have given you a slight insight into what Scottish football fans really think of those clubs as opposed to the sanitised version you'll constantly be fed by the media. Both of the sectarian promoters are genuinely hated and the scum that follow them despised. 

Have a great trip.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:59 PM, blueheaven said:

Hope someone helps these guys out - what harm is it going to do? It's money for Saints and they might even end up as Saints fans if it's a good experience.

This is one of the problems with this ticketing strategy - people are prevented from going and giving the club their money.

I remember the same thing happening with some Dutch guys a couple of years ago . Ended up they were what they said they were and had a great day watching the Sainteees!!

42 minutes ago, Dr Christmas Jones said:

I remember the same thing happening with some Dutch guys a couple of years ago . Ended up they were what they said they were and had a great day watching the Sainteees!!

welcome back from yer ban , Barry .

braw

Hi! 3 norwegians  from Bergen in the same situation as the danish blokes here but aged 39 42 and 69 for a surprise 70th birthdayweekend to my father :-). We are staying in Perth from  midday friday to sunday doing whiskey, beer and football trip this first weekend in february. We might go for the angusderby montrose-brechin or hibs-aberdeen on saturday. Is it possible to "borrow" season ticket details from someone here in exchange for a pint or three? 1 concession and 2 adults.  We support  Brann-Bergen in Norway and I support   Ipswich Town (we are shite now)  Tristan Nydam`s club in England . We know how to behave as neutrals ,have been to football all over Europe , and do NOT support celtic , just hope for an entertaining game and hopefully a Saints win. The reply from the ticket office was this: (" If you know a St Johnstone Season ticket holder, they will be able to purchase tickets on your behalf, and provided they give your details at the time of purchase, we can add you on to our database for any future games. " ) I understand your concern for celtic buying seats in the home ends but I promise we are just in here for the game. Your help will be deeply appreciated.  Please send PM if you can help. Which pub(s) do u recommend in Perth for nice beer? Will happily meet you in one of these pubs and by a round in the bar on friday, saturday or early sunday:-) Good luck on wednesday against Livingston!

Edited by Brann-Bergen

good on you! I'd help, but in Australia.  we have 3 games vs Celtic (2 away)... its tough, because Celtic fans buy tickets in the "home end"- the East Stand. best bet is the SLO... prove you're not Celtic.  i hate these games... and don't be "neutral". become a Saints Exile!

7 hours ago, Brann-Bergen said:

Very helpful answer from the SLO so she will sort us out. Cheers for the answers and good luck tonight!

I'm going to Bergen on a cruise beginning of May.  Any chance you could tell me where I can eat without needing a second mortgage? :)

My father is not Ipswich :-) and it will just be our second scottish game , going to hibs on saturday will be the first. I can reccomend dr wiesener pub in Bergen. Close to the ship and ok value for food. A pint is about 8 quid there..  or a place called "folk og røvere." Try to avoid the places at Bryggen . Looking forward to the game now 1 night in Aberdeen thursday. friday and saturday staying in perth. Good luck on wednesday as well.