Programmes

Dunk

Hi, hoping someone can help with this. I'm looking for two programmes. They are:

02/11/1991 Saints v Dunfermline
18/11/1995 Saints v Dunfermline

Would be very appreciated if anyone had a copy/spare that they'd be willing to sell.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Rob said:

I'll have a look as well. Got them dating back to 1983 but probably not bought one since mid nineties. I use to like the ones with the caricatures on the front. 

Thanks Rob, much appreciated.  I'm also looking for a programme date 14/05/1983 v Dunfermline as well.  I believe that one had a retro programme inside it as well.

Thanks

Almost certain I dont have that. Apart from my first programme, last game at Muirton, Official opening of McD and a few signed ones Ive not got a great attachment to them. Do you collect them all. I have a Saints v Aston Villa (I think) pre season lineup/programme from late 80s. Graham Taylor was their manager. Not sure if it was Villa but I remember his pic.

• 6 months later...

On the issue of programmes, are they a dying art? With the world of instant information, its a shame that these will die out.

I still get one every week but the standard is poor. the 8 page 'double programme for the ross county/brechin match was grim. i flicked through my collegues Aberdeen programme from Sundays hearts match and it really was a thing of beauty! 

Sorry if this has already been discussed! (which I have no doubt it has!)

15 hours ago, only1sammiller said:

On the issue of programmes, are they a dying art? With the world of instant information, its a shame that these will die out.

I still get one every week but the standard is poor. the 8 page 'double programme for the ross county/brechin match was grim. i flicked through my collegues Aberdeen programme from Sundays hearts match and it really was a thing of beauty! 

I love programmes and have a lot of them at home, but they're often way too expensive these days. Beautiful big, glossy programmes are great, but how many people are really willing to spend £4 or £5 on them when tickets and everything else costs so much too? Over the last few years I've gone from buying one at every game, to only buying one at new grounds or "special games", to never buying one at all. I'm now of the opinion that for clubs like Saints a programme should be a reduced version with team details, a message from the manager/chairman, a page of results/teamlines and a few adverts to help subsidise it, then sell it for £1 or so. That said, I'm not sure if the league puts an obligation on clubs to produce a programme to certain specs.

Livingston and Ross County do not produce a printed programme.

Livingston produce an online version, although this season Livingston’s disabled supporters group have been given permission to sell printed copies on match day to raise funds. Not sure how good a quality it is/will be.

Forfar didn’t produce one in the cup game this season and as far as I’m aware there was no programme for any of the first team pre season friendlies in Scotland (a programme was produced by Edinburgh city v under 21’s)

15 hours ago, only1sammiller said:

There’s lots of stjohnstone programmes along with two stjohnstone books in oxfam shop south street Perth.

i think programmes have had there day.except maybe big games like Europe or cup semi finals and finals.

By the way i got the two programmes the dude was looking for as well.

• 2 years later...