Saints vs Livi - 9/3/19

Widge

7 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Just guessing but wonder if we'll play a back three for this. Let's us match up, and also a chance to try something different to resolveĀ the winless run.

Gordon, Kerr and Shaughnessy at the back, Tanser and Easton either side. Muzz and Craig with Swanson ahead of them, and Kane and Kennedy up front.

a left back playing on the right? is Foster suspended?

8 hours ago, Cagey said:

If we are running this club employing a second pick goalie because he is cheap then we are in trouble.

If he was as bad as you say on loan & I have no reason to doubt you,why keep renewing his contract even if he was cheap.

Zander had a few rotten moments when on loan at Elgin but he has progressed so far from those days. Tommy sounds like he saw enough in Hurst for the future and we did also have the Burnley keeper as back up until he was recalled in January.

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

If we are running this club employing a second pick goalie because he is cheap then we are in trouble.

If he was as bad as you say on loan & I have no reason to doubt you,why keep renewing his contract even if he was cheap.

Because its better than nothing.

Having a cheap, semi competent third choice is better than having to go out and sign two keepers, especially since he loaned out Sinclair, and maybe wants to do so again next season.

It's not ideal for Hurst, but all he had to do was look at the keeper ahead of him (Clark) to see what having a bit of patience can do for you.

FWIW his record on loan was...

League Two: 34 games, 45 goals conceded, 13 clean sheets.

League One: 36 games, 51 goals conceded, 9 clean sheets.

Not too hard to see why TW brought Bell in incase Clark got injured.

Clark conceded 59Ā goals in 57 Championship games, and kept 24 clean sheets.

Edited by RandomGuy

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Because its better than nothing.

Having a cheap, semi competent third choice is better than having to go out and sign two keepers, especially since he loaned out Sinclair, and maybe wants to do so again next season.

It's not ideal for Hurst, but all he had to do was look at the keeper ahead of him (Clark) to see what having a bit of patience can do for you.

FWIW his record on loan was...

League Two: 34 games, 45 goals conceded, 13 clean sheets.

League One: 36 games, 51 goals conceded, 9 clean sheets.

Not too hard to see why TW brought Bell in incase Clark got injured.

Unfair.Ā  Poorer defences, could stick the worlds best keeper in those leagues and they'd concede many.

I presume his contract was not getting renewed so left.Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

I think its just habitĀ :lol:

I still start off every line up prediction with Mannus before correcting myself

I was at the game earlier in the season but can't honestly remember if we played 3 at the back. I wouldn't be bothered if we did tbh, as it would be good to get Gordon back in. My concern would be that Tanser and Foster are a bit out of form (Ricky more than a bit).Ā 

IfĀ MOH is genuinely fit I'd like to see us playing Kennedy and him as wingers, so a 5-4-1 could be a solution.Ā 

I also think Ross Callaghan could introduce some chaos for us so would not be surprised to see him on the park at some point.Ā 

After a few beers and a good sleep feeling much more up for this now, must have just been a hard week at work.Ā COYS.Ā 

Ā 

Guest ScottMann
5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Is this the new thing now? Mewling over the fact we never played Mark ****ing Hurst?

Bell had a shocker at the goal, no clue what he was thinking. Neither side created anything at all.

You really are a ****ing idiot.

Just now, ScottMann said:

You really are a ****ing idiot.

You're the one who's moaning about Hurst being better than Bell. Youd be aswell arguing about what type of shite youd rather stand in, as neither areĀ anywhere near good enough.

Not one person said a single ****ing thing about Hurst when either Mitchell or Bell were signed, yet all of a sudden hes some hard done youth prospect we've thrown away.

It just gets really boring, we've had it with the likes of Scott Brown, Caddis and Thomson in the past few years.

Ā 

Guest ScottMann
1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

You're the one who's moaning about Hurst being better than Bell. Youd be aswell arguing about what type of shite youd rather stand in, as neither areĀ anywhere near good enough.

Not one person said a single ****ing thing about Hurst when either Mitchell or Bell were signed, yet all of a sudden hes some hard done youth prospect we've thrown away.

It just gets really boring, we've had it with the likes of Scott Brown, Caddis and Thomson in the past few years.

I made a sarcastic comment that you were ****ing stupid enough to take literally and have one of your ridiculousĀ tantrums over. I shouldn't be surprised.