Saints v Saints 16/3/2019

Cagey

Big game again. Win gives us hope. Defeat ?????. St Mirren are fighting for their lives & by all accounts have been playing well & unlucky not to pick up more points.

Hope Zanders back but only if fully fit. Worry if Bell still in goal.

Have to start with Craig as holding midfielder. Liam is an organiser & more of a captain than Joe. He is 100% Saintee.

Please line up like you want to win the game with Henry & Kane up front.

Kennedy has to be on one wing but no one else deserves the other one. Would be inclined to play Alston on right.

Would like to see Gordon at back , so move Joe to right back.

I think Tommy said some players need to be dropped but I doubt if they are the same ones we think should.

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

Big game again. Win gives us hope. Defeat ?????. St Mirren are fighting for their lives & by all accounts have been playing well & unlucky not to pick up more points.

Hope Zanders back but only if fully fit. Worry if Bell still in goal.

Have to start with Craig as holding midfielder. Liam is an organiser & more of a captain than Joe. He is 100% Saintee.

Please line up like you want to win the game with Henry & Kane up front.

Kennedy has to be on one wing but no one else deserves the other one. Would be inclined to play Alston on right.

Would like to see Gordon at back , so move Joe to right back.

I think Tommy said some players need to be dropped but I doubt if they are the same ones we think should.

First on the team sheet will be number 10

I've only attended two games in 2019, both wins at McDiarmid, so I'm going to this hoping I'm a lucky mascot.

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Gordon - Tanser

MOH - Callachan - Craig - Alston - Swanson 

Hendry

Gordon, Callachan and Alston have all performed well when they've played, but seem to drop out the picture randomly. Shaughnessy, Davidson and Wotherspoon have all been poor during this run, yet get multiple games.

MOH and Swanson need game time to get any form, neither have played much over the past 12 months so it's pointless giving them 10 minutes at the end of matches. Kennedy can come on when defenders are tiring. 

Hendry needs to start, scoring goals regularly for the reserves. Watt is in the habit of missing sitters, and Kane is Kane.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I've only attended two games in 2019, both wins at McDiarmid, so I'm going to this hoping I'm a lucky mascot.

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Gordon - Tanser

MOH - Callachan - Craig - Alston - Swanson 

Hendry

Gordon, Callachan and Alston have all performed well when they've played, but seem to drop out the picture randomly. Shaughnessy, Davidson and Wotherspoon have all been poor during this run, yet get multiple games.

MOH and Swanson need game time to get any form, neither have played much over the past 12 months so it's pointless giving them 10 minutes at the end of matches. Kennedy can come on when defenders are tiring. 

Hendry needs to start, scoring goals regularly for the reserves. Watt is in the habit of missing sitters, and Kane is Kane.

Bring back easton Tanser was poor on.Saturday 

I like Random's selection but can't see Joe being dropped. Kennedy as an impact sub yes, and Alston has to start behind the striker. Whether that's Hendry though, I'm not so sure. Probably Kane again.

Whatever, it has to be a positive formation, huge challenge ahead and four winnable games before the break. Nothing to lose COYS

28 minutes ago, cristo said:

I like Random's selection but can't see Joe being dropped. Kennedy as an impact sub yes, and Alston has to start behind the striker. Whether that's Hendry though, I'm not so sure. Probably Kane again.

Whatever, it has to be a positive formation, huge challenge ahead and four winnable games before the break. Nothing to lose COYS

I see the merit in the impact sub option, but he's our best player, and he tracks back to cover the full-back, and also Tommy's not one for making substitutions before minute 75. 

We're good enough, or should be, to have the game wrapped up by then. By all means hook him and bring on Swanson if he's on the wing or Watt otherwise. We can't afford to have him on the bench from the start IMO. St Midden will be absolutley up for this and we need to start fast and hard, which hasn't been our defining feature lately. 

6 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Not sure that'll even get us top 6

It would only guarantee 7th,  Hibs would have to get 8 points from their games which you could see them doing. 

Equally though, their results have been much better than the performances and I can certainly see them dropping points. 

3 points for us and Motherwell this weekend and it really is game on. Let's hope 'Well have one more performance in them before they crash and burn.

With everyone fit and on top form, I don't think the team you'd select would bare that much resemblance to that we'll see on Saturday but that's the situation we are in at the moment. 

My team:

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Shaughnessy - Tanser

Wotherspoon - Callachan - Craig - Swanson

Kane - Hendry

Other option is Shaughnessy moves to right back with Gordon central. I'd then play O'Halloran ahead of JS, with either Wotherspoon or Swanson on left, probably the former as he's more disciplined. 

But I don't think Hendry will even make the eighteen. 

19 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

With everyone fit and on top form, I don't think the team you'd select would bare that much resemblance to that we'll see on Saturday but that's the situation we are in at the moment. 

My team:

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Shaughnessy - Tanser

Wotherspoon - Callachan - Craig - Swanson

Kane - Hendry

Other option is Shaughnessy moves to right back with Gordon central. I'd then play O'Halloran ahead of JS, with either Wotherspoon or Swanson on left, probably the former as he's more disciplined. 

But I don't think Hendry will even make the eighteen. 

Spoony ahead of Kennedy? What's the thinking there?

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

Spoony ahead of Kennedy? What's the thinking there?

I really like Matty Kennedy but he maybe just needs a new perspective for a game or two. He started very well last weekend but hasn't been at his best since the break. I remember back to the Motherwell game in October when he was introduced from the bench and changed the game for us.

I think if you play Swanson or O'Halloran out wide, you need the balance of a guy like Wotherspoon on the other side.

More generally, everyone seems to be suggesting different teams and I think that's far from ideal in March. It kind of shows where we are at the moment though.

12 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

I really like Matty Kennedy but he maybe just needs a new perspective for a game or two. He started very well last weekend but hasn't been at his best since the break. I remember back to the Motherwell game in October when he was introduced from the bench and changed the game for us.

I think if you play Swanson or O'Halloran out wide, you need the balance of a guy like Wotherspoon on the other side.

More generally, everyone seems to be suggesting different teams and I think that's far from ideal in March. It kind of shows where we are at the moment though.

Certainly everyone's suggesting different teams to the one that Tommy will put out, that's for sure. 

I get what you're saying about Matty and don't really disagree, I think that if we lose on Saturday I'd be more comfortable though. While we still have a sniff at the top 6 I think we have to play our best player. 

I'm afraid that I see Wotherspoon as very much a liability and not a safe choice. He's been simply dreadful recently. 

One thing I've noticed is that we're struggling to get any chemistry between full-backs and wingers, there seems to be no combination that works. However I do think that he best of a bad lot is Kennedy in front of Tanser. In that situation I'd prefer to see MOH in front of Ricky Foster, although admittedly that could leave us very exposed down that side. Maybe it is time for Joe to move to RB and bring Gordon back, as some have suggested. 

I actually thought Tanser had a decent game against Livi, or at least less shite than the rest of the team.

I think Joe has to decide NOW where he wants to play next season and if it is to be Aberdeen get him to feck out of the team straight away he has been a passenger since talk of a possible transfer has come out.

Cammy Bell is an OK goalie decent enough as back up, he has been unfortunate to have come into the team when the whole defence have been pretty woeful, l honestly don’t think any of the games he has played in would have been different results with Zander in goal. (although I do think the sooner Zander is back the better).

We are sitting relatively comfortably in the league at the moment due to our excellent run prior to the break, and if we win our 4 games before the split we should be in the top 6.

There is maybe a bit of a sadist in me but I would perhaps rather be in the bottom 6 and help relegate  Accies, although what could be more enjoyable than beating Dundee on the last day to send them down. (I would rather have Dundee and United in the Premiership than Accies and the fakes) 

Any type of win will do on Saturday...........COYS

Edited by ejksjfc
Speling mistaik