Race for the top half...

RandomGuy

Who will finish in the top six?   

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think we'll be a few points short but, looking at Hearts 3 games, it might be that we're chasing them instead of Hibs.  

All ifs and buts but it wouldn't be a stretch to think Hearts might not get much out of their games.

We need 7 points minimum and, based on last night, we're not playing well enough or are confident enough to do that.

1 hour ago, Havana Saint said:

Hibs 2up at Livi. No chance of top six now.

If we are all honest we deserve to be where we are (sadly). Can we please possibly spend a little more money on an SPFL striker in the summer?

Kane and Watt is a one-way ticket to Championship.

We need a win and a draw hertz two loses and a draw and hope we make up a few goals and they get humped, way we are playing not happening, but win on Wednesday maybe bit of confidence, but regardless wright needs to go for a win tommorow none of his shit festing have to go for it. Fosters injury might be a blessing get Shaughnessy out of the middle to fullback and get the two young guys in there at centre half.

Edited by crieffsaintandy

Hibs beating Livi changes nothing. We have 3 games left before split, must win all of them.  Edinburgh derby result is the only factor that will determine where our maximum points puts us. 

Our Loss away to Accies and Livi recently are major factors why we are where we are. Surely a top 6 team would at least get 2 points from those 2 teams, and if we had we'd be in better striking distance.

Too few goals scored this season.  It's the defence and Zander thats placing us where we are just now, if we'd had a goalscorer I'd reckon we'd be in top 6 at moment.

39 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Hibs beating Livi changes nothing. We have 3 games left before split, must win all of them.  Edinburgh derby result is the only factor that will determine where our maximum points puts us. 

Our Loss away to Accies and Livi recently are major factors why we are where we are. Surely a top 6 team would at least get 2 points from those 2 teams, and if we had we'd be in better striking distance.

Too few goals scored this season.  It's the defence and Zander thats placing us where we are just now, if we'd had a goalscorer I'd reckon we'd be in top 6 at moment.

I agree it is goals scored that is hurting us. Only the bottom 3 have scored less. So is the problem that our strikers are not good enough or  is it the lack of a creative player or both.

SPFL goals

2018/19 Kennedy 5, Alston 4 and our strikers Watt 3 Kane 2

2017/18 McLean 10, O'Halloran 5, Davidson 5,

2016/17 Swanson 10, McLean 9

I think the it is the lack of a goalscorer and looking at figures above Watt and Kane are not good enough

3 hours ago, Dave H said:

You could pick quite a few games where we have thrown away a too 6 place. Throwing away a win against Hibs recently, going to Tynecastle against a team that were on a bad run & lining up as if we were playing a good team. There are loads we could probably pick.

As for scoring goals,most teams don't rely on their strikers. They have goals coming from all parts of the team.

We have no creativity in team as Tommy relies on destructive midfielders instead of constructive ones. Allows Midge, Scougall to go & appears to freeze out Alston.

4 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I agree it is goals scored that is hurting us. Only the bottom 3 have scored less. So is the problem that our strikers are not good enough or  is it the lack of a creative player or both.

SPFL goals

2018/19 Kennedy 5, Alston 4 and our strikers Watt 3 Kane 2

2017/18 McLean 10, O'Halloran 5, Davidson 5,

2016/17 Swanson 10, McLean 9

I think the it is the lack of a goalscorer and looking at figures above Watt and Kane are not good enough

I think Watt will be gone, as will McMillan.

Could see us moving for someone like Gavin Reilly.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Can Hamilton not catch us as I can't see us getting another win this season. Maybe should have said point.

17 points behind with 21 to play for. 

I'm afraid to check it, but I think if current form continues we'll end up closer to them than Hibs come the end of the season. 

An incredible collapse since the winter break.

I think the bottom 6 will finish as it is & we will have 3 home games v Hamilton , Motherwell & Livi with away to Dundee & StMirren.

We will not have any fans other than season ticket holders & with only Hamilton likely to be involved in relegation the income from away fans will not be enough to pay the turnstile guys.

Not any money coming in now til end of season.

10 hours ago, Cagey said:

You could pick quite a few games where we have thrown away a too 6 place. Throwing away a win against Hibs recently, going to Tynecastle against a team that were on a bad run & lining up as if we were playing a good team. There are loads we could probably pick.

Was more thinking a top 6 side should get the better of bottom half more iften than not.  We have failed to do that.

So frustrating to free fall this season.  Thank goodness for our superb run up to the New Year, when those that travelled to Dens saw probably the best complete performance ever. 3 nil going on 10 was not even an exaggeration.   Now we are one of the worst teams in the league.  

23 hours ago, Dave H said:

Was more thinking a top 6 side should get the better of bottom half more iften than not.  We have failed to do that.

So frustrating to free fall this season.  Thank goodness for our superb run up to the New Year, when those that travelled to Dens saw probably the best complete performance ever. 3 nil going on 10 was not even an exaggeration.   Now we are one of the worst teams in the league.  

Not one of the worst teams in the league, the WORST team in the league by a country mile ,this team the way it is wouldn’t win the 2nd division .Sad.

23 minutes ago, rickardo said:

Not one of the worst teams in the league, the WORST team in the league by a country mile ,this team the way it is wouldn’t win the 2nd division .Sad.

We've not been the "worst team by a country mile" at all.

Points picked up in 2019...

Motherwell - 22

Hibernian - 19

Celtic - 18

Rangers - 18

Hearts - 14

Aberdeen - 13

Kilmarnock - 13

Hamilton - 10

Dundee - 8

Livingston - 8

St Mirren - 8

St Johnstone - 7

Relegation form, though.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

We've not been the "worst team by a country mile" at all.

Points picked up in 2019...

Motherwell - 22

Hibernian - 19

Celtic - 18

Rangers - 18

Hearts - 14

Aberdeen - 13

Kilmarnock - 13

Hamilton - 10

Dundee - 8

Livingston - 8

St Mirren - 8

St Johnstone - 7

Relegation form, though.

Aye we are never mind the stats . We are pish. End of.

Now that the split has been confirmed I wonder how long it will be til SPFL come up with post split fixtures. We should have 3 home & 2 away but will that be how it pans out.

There will probably be a delay whilst they decide when the OF fixture should be. They will either choose the first or last so that is not the fixture that gives Celtic the title.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Now that the split has been confirmed I wonder how long it will be til SPFL come up with post split fixtures. We should have 3 home & 2 away but will that be how it pans out.

There will probably be a delay whilst they decide when the OF fixture should be. They will either choose the first or last so that is not the fixture that gives Celtic the title.

At least it has been confirmed, or certainly was, that there will be no midweek games. We should have mainly Saturday as I can't imagine there will be much TV interest outside of Dundee/St Mirren

This season we have played:

Motherwell: A, H, A

Livingston: A, H, A

Hamilton: A, H, A

St Mirren: H, A, H

Dundee: H, A, H

All things equal we should have:

Motherwell Home

Livingstone Home

Hamilton Home

St Mirren Away

Dundee Away

With these fixtures in my opinion nothing less that top (7th) is a failure

If this comes to fruition the only game not televised live is St Mirren Away

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2019 at 10:25 AM, Cagey said:

As for scoring goals,most teams don't rely on their strikers. They have goals coming from all parts of the team.

We have no creativity in team as Tommy relies on destructive midfielders instead of constructive ones. Allows Midge, Scougall to go & appears to freeze out Alston.

Can I add the Hamilton game before the break.

SPFL payments.

Hearts in 6th _ £1,562.500.

Saints in 7th _ £1,437.500.

£125 grand more for just a wee bit more effort or team selection.

We had a couple of televised games against Celtic & a share of the crowd at Park head so hopefully we can find a 15 a season striker.

Unfortunately Dobie has signed another contract with QoS.