Off the ball

saintgscot

Stuart asked a question on Saturdays off the ball while I was on lunch can anyone tell me the answer as I missed it. Who was the player well known in scottish football who played in goal for Saints possibly against Dunfermline and is the only St Johnstone player never to concede a goal?

27 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Dunfermline  0  Saints  3   att. 6715  in the Premier league on 1/1/92.

Kennedy , Treanor , Baltacha (1) , Cherry , Stewart , Deas , Turner , McGinnis , Atkins (1) , Grant , Curran (1) .       (Davies & Maskrey)

I remember that game well; that was a braw team and looking back we never really appreciated what a good side Totten put together.

Guest ScottMann
8 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I remember that game well; that was a braw team and looking back we never really appreciated what a good side Totten put together.

...and we also had Vinnie Arkins. :laugh:

15 hours ago, SaintJet said:

He reminded me of Bambi on ice.

He scored a scorcher against Raith in the cup and that was all I can fondly remember about him.

I vaguely remember we played Inverness Thistle in a friendly at Kingsmills in Inverness, was quite sunny and his hair looked glorious with the sun glinting off it :)

Sure he scored a few and it was about 0-9 to Saints.

20 hours ago, ejksjfc said:

SK was Correct, but did Mickey Lawson not also go in goals and keep a clean sheet (although not a full 90 minutes).

He did yes, took over from Andy Geoghan after about 5 mins and we went on to beat Stirling Albion 3-0. Tam McNeil scored a Tam McNeil special that day as well.

I think the point is just that SK only actually played 1 game for Saints. Or something like that.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:02 AM, HOODLUM65 said:

Dunfermline  0  Saints  3   att. 6715  in the Premier league on 1/1/92.

Kennedy , Treanor , Baltacha (1) , Cherry , Stewart , Deas , Turner , McGinnis , Atkins (1) , Grant , Curran (1) .       (Davies & Maskrey)

Nothing wrong with your memory!