McDiarmid dugouts

mainstand

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

Looks crap. Have we genuinely been as cheap as to only get one row of the new seats? 

4 minutes ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Saints taking the cheap option? Surely not...

As far as I know St Johnstone didn't have much say. UEFA paid for the seats and specified the requirements. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

As far as I know St Johnstone didn't have much say. UEFA paid for the seats and specified the requirements. 

Why on earth would they specify a front row of high quality seats with stadium seats behind? If anything surely they would ask that all seats are up to the same standard?

6 minutes ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Why on earth would they specify a front row of high quality seats with stadium seats behind? If anything surely they would ask that all seats are up to the same standard?

I've no idea tbh. All I know is the dugouts had to be updated to host the UEFA tournament on the go at the moment, and they were paying for the upgrade.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Partick got a scoreboard from UEFA...

20190713_162541.thumb.jpg.6b87890e623f96f6000b27a0baef3f37.jpg.59dd07e1087899a49c4f634bc28e6366.jpg

I think its UEFA themselves being cheapskates.

Haha!! That's ridiculous. The kind of effort you used to get on the scorers table at school basketball matches way back!

Visions of Thistle directors being all excited when UEFA told them they'd be paying for a new scoreboard at Firhill, and the UEFA officials chuckling away to themselves when they ordered them that!

Dugouts looks briliant. So much better and no chance of anyone banging their head on the way in..... front seats are for managers, players need more room to get ready, also view from behind them mighthave been obscured. either way, and improvement...and free!

what's not to like

30 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

What he was saying is there is one row of the flash bucket seats (new seats) and then two rows of the existing stadium seats behind them. So only one row of seats are new.

30 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

What he was saying is there is one row of the flash bucket seats (new seats) and then two rows of the existing stadium seats behind them. So only one row of seats are new.

I don't think they are stadium seats. Just similar but look a bit softer.

1 hour ago, MySpazz said:

Dugouts looks briliant. So much better and no chance of anyone banging their head on the way in..... front seats are for managers, players need more room to get ready, also view from behind them mighthave been obscured. either way, and improvement...and free!

what's not to like

You are being far too sensible. 

1 minute ago, garydavidson said:

Even after last night? :laugh:

The dugouts are the highlight of the close season so far.

After last night they should sit in the corner, on a metal upturned bucket like Oor Wullie, each of them wearing a dunce’s cap

2 hours ago, chips said:

Plenty of room in the dugouts noo.. and more than one row of seats. .. 

received_2139970979628966.jpeg

20190717_174621.jpg

20190717_174730.jpg

Agree, there is plenty of room, but my point is that we've gone to the effort of building new dugouts, which were needed, but we've taken the half arsed option of only updating the seats in one of the 3 rows with the big fancy (and awesome looking) dugout seats.

While we are on seats, get those yellow and red ones in the bin, or replace the ones when the break with blue ones. (Love a close season rant about the most mundane things). 

2 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Agree, there is plenty of room, but my point is that we've gone to the effort of building new dugouts, which were needed, but we've taken the half arsed option of only updating the seats in one of the 3 rows with the big fancy (and awesome looking) dugout seats.

While we are on seats, get those yellow and red ones in the bin, or replace the ones when the break with blue ones. (Love a close season rant about the most mundane things). 

I always think we should go for seat pattern that makes the stadium look like its full, the scatter coloured mix up. :)