Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup 2019/20

garydavidson

53 minutes ago, cristo said:

Stupid name, horrible company. What competition is this anyway? What did it used to be called?

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or if you don't remember our 30 minute demolition of Dunfermiline before clinging on to win 3-2 or Danny Griffen's own goal in our 1-0 loss to Stranraer. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Challenge_Cup#Sponsorship_and_media_coverage

1990–1995: B&Q (B&Q Centenary Cup (until 1991) then B&Q Cup)

1995–1998: No sponsor

1999–2006: Bell's whisky (Bell's Challenge Cup (until 2002) then Bell's Cup)

2006–2008: No sponsor

2008–2011: MG Alba (ALBA Challenge Cup)

2011–2014 Ramsdens (Ramsdens Cup)

2014–2016: Petrofac (Petrofac Training Cup)

2016–2019: Irn-Bru (Irn-Bru Cup)

2019–present: Tunnock's (Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup)

11 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or if you don't remember our 30 minute demolition of Dunfermiline before clinging on to win 3-2 or Danny Griffen's own goal in our 1-0 loss to Stranraer. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Challenge_Cup#Sponsorship_and_media_coverage

1990–1995: B&Q (B&Q Centenary Cup (until 1991) then B&Q Cup)

1995–1998: No sponsor

1999–2006: Bell's whisky (Bell's Challenge Cup (until 2002) then Bell's Cup)

2006–2008: No sponsor

2008–2011: MG Alba (ALBA Challenge Cup)

2011–2014 Ramsdens (Ramsdens Cup)

2014–2016: Petrofac (Petrofac Training Cup)

2016–2019: Irn-Bru (Irn-Bru Cup)

2019–present: Tunnock's (Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup)

Thanks Gary, no real sarcasm to be honest, I just generally lose track of theses things.

On 6/26/2019 at 6:51 PM, Abernethy Saint said:

They’ll be more than a few stalwart Labour/SNP types boycotting this. Tunnocks are huge Tory donors and popular hate figures on the margins of both parties.

Will that make a difference?  Is this not the competition where if you phone up to ask when the match starts they ask "when can you come"?

On 6/26/2019 at 3:24 PM, Shibbydoo said:

And who will these colts be?

Those youngsters that haven't been loaned out?

I imagine itll be the youth team.

People seem to be misunderstanding what the reserves actually were. As far as I know we'll still have a full squad of U18s, and you're able to play U20s and a couple (I think its 3 now?) overagers.

So Ross Sinclair, Wallace Duffy, Ali McCann, Kyle McLean and three overagers should all be eligible.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 7:37 PM, RandomGuy said:

I imagine itll be the youth team.

People seem to be misunderstanding what the reserves actually were. As far as I know we'll still have a full squad of U18s, and you're able to play U20s and a couple (I think its 3 now?) overagers.

So Ross Sinclair, Wallace Duffy, Ali McCann, Kyle McLean and three overagers should all be eligible.

The reserves are actually any player, there is no age restriction or number of players restrictions 

4 hours ago, sevcozombie2 said:

The reserves are actually any player, there is no age restriction or number of players restrictions 

I know.

I was describing who was eligible for the Colt side.

People seemed to be complaining about us getting rid of the youth teams when we took ourselves out the reserve league.

The rules last season were U21s plus two overage players.

Depending on who plays at Celtic Park, you are looking at potential involvement for, I assume, anyone born in 1998 or later. That's Duffy, McCann and McClean from the first team squad. Hendry just misses out but could play as one of the aforementioned overagers obviously.

Then from the reserves, Sinclair, Wills, Struthers, Ballantyne and Northcott aren't out on loan yet. Not sure there are any more in that group?

The rest will be U18s.