Celtic v Saints 3 August 2019

Jimmy Wallace

21 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

3 nil saints goals from Davidson, Swandon and A Tanser penalty. 

Big Zander man of the match. 

Lennon sent to the stand. 

Top of the league. Europe here we come. 

I'll have a pint of that as well. :)

Edited by stanley saint

1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

3 nil saints goals from Davidson, Swandon and A Tanser penalty. 

Big Zander man of the match. 

Lennon sent to the stand. 

Top of the league. Europe here we come. 

Nice one gus.i agree .Max optimism ya bass.

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I hope we can make a game of it. I think Tommy will be ultra defensive. He will not want to concede 4 or 5 goals it will be damage limitation. Tommy's old favourite 451. Got a feeling he may play MOH as the lone forward.

More like 5.5.0 with the hope that Mikey can get on the end of a Zander punt.

Clark

Ricky-Kerr-Drago-Tanser

Swanson-Davidson-Callachan-Craig

Kennedy

MOH

Play on the break, get players in the support the full-backs..... (I'd rather have Spoony or obviously Wright for this one) but Swanson will have to be used.

We are going to get hammered and as far as I am concerned the season starts next Saturday.

18 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

Clark

Ricky-Kerr-Drago-Tanser

Swanson-Davidson-Callachan-Craig

Kennedy

MOH

Play on the break, get players in the support the full-backs..... (I'd rather have Spoony or obviously Wright for this one) but Swanson will have to be used.

We are going to get hammered and as far as I am concerned the season starts next Saturday.

Yee of little faith, Duffy is a whanker, Tommy is the king, I want to go home, I want to go home, Dundee' a shit hole I want to go home.

Oops I canny go home, we don't play them anymore so we don't have to go there. 

Duffy up yours. 

Catch Celtic on their European hangover... we will still chase shadows but hope we can create 1 chance, as when that comes we need to score.  Saints 1 nil.  Our League cup shambles will be forgotten about.

In one way glad we are playing here first game, get the players some proper game time fitness and concentration.. seems like they couldnt apply themselves so far, better be on their game for this one or we'll get wellied.

Edited by Dave H

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

More like 5.5.0 with the hope that Mikey can get on the end of a Zander punt.

I would not put it past Tommy playing a back 5 of 3 central defenders Duffy Kerr and Vihmann with Tanser and Foster as full backs 4 in midfield and MOH up fromt

According to a celtic supporting pal Lennon has them playing a longer game, not the playing out from the back as per previous manager. He also said that the opposition in the week worked out that pressing the three midfield playmakers, giving them no room, nullified their attacking threat. Not quite sure how he worked that out given they won 2 nothing but I gather one goal was a own goal.

anyway, I told him Swanson is due another belter......

Right. Got to be excited about first game of the season so here goes. 1-0 Saints.

Clark

Foster Kerr Vihmann Tanser

Maclean

Kennedy Craig  Davidson Swanson

MOH

6 hours ago, dunblanemike said:

According to a celtic supporting pal Lennon has them playing a longer game, not the playing out from the back as per previous manager. He also said that the opposition in the week worked out that pressing the three midfield playmakers, giving them no room, nullified their attacking threat. Not quite sure how he worked that out given they won 2 nothing but I gather one goal was a own goal.

anyway, I told him Swanson is due another belter......

Do we have 3 midfield playmakers :cool:

11 hours ago, Broon said:

Right. Got to be excited about first game of the season so here goes. 1-0 Saints.

Clark

Foster Kerr Vihmann Tanser

Maclean

Kennedy Craig  Davidson Swanson

MOH

Move Craig or Davidson into that defensive midfielder position, MOH just behind the lone striker and bring in a new striker (May) and that is a pretty decent starting 11 vs most teams in this league.

For today, I don't think Tommy will start MacLean, I think it will be above, but with Callighan in that role.

I predict at 5pm, we will be discussing a soft penalty given against us. 

54 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

Move Craig or Davidson into that defensive midfielder position, MOH just behind the lone striker and bring in a new striker (May) and that is a pretty decent starting 11 vs most teams in this league.

For today, I don't think Tommy will start MacLean, I think it will be above, but with Callighan in that role.

I predict at 5pm, we will be discussing a soft penalty given against us. 

Kevin Clancy as the ref says it all

19 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I would not put it past Tommy playing a back 5 of 3 central defenders Duffy Kerr and Vihmann with Tanser and Foster as full backs 4 in midfield and MOH up fromt

Your close back five right on, Muzz Liam and Callachan and Mikey and Matty up front