Celtic v Saints 3 August 2019

Jimmy Wallace

Disgrace. We were always likely to lose, but no professional team should be getting beat 7-0.

I think we all knew we'd struggle this year, but that is a stark wake up call, added to the Montrose one, Forfar one.....

C'mon Tommy/Brown, you need to do something in the transfer market to give fans some hope. Got the fears of the last relegation season at the moment. 

I take it everyone saying “our season starts next week” is happy to start the season on -7 goal difference? An absolute disgrace that we are in this position at the beginning of the season, the recruitment has been shambolic! How long have we known Tony Watt wasn’t going to be playing here this season and we STILL haven’t replaced him.

1 minute ago, 17May said:

I take it everyone saying “our season starts next week” is happy to start the season on -7 goal difference? An absolute disgrace that we are in this position at the beginning of the season, the recruitment has been shambolic! How long have we known Tony Watt wasn’t going to be playing here this season and we STILL haven’t replaced him.

Lack of goals wasn't our issue today. An inability to defend as a team was and has been for so many months. Celtic are just better at exposing this as they can finish their chances.

Don't want to go over the top just yet but you'd imagine we had a good number of our first pick midfield and defence on the park today. Here's hoping Duffy and yon lanky Estonian step up the the mark soon.

Very rarely do I place much importance on any of our results against Celtic, but there were a number of worrying signs today. The lack of a half-decent striker is far from being our only issue. The second-half was marginally better and McCann at least provided a bit of energy in the centre. Overall, however, our defending was static and our midfield couldn't hold on to the ball for more than two seconds. Outwith a couple of decent Kennedy deliveries, there was no creativity for even a world-class striker to benefit from.

Having said that, I won't panic until the transfer window has closed. I've already accepted that we'll most likely be bottom of the league after our first six fixtures and our season will probably be defined by how we bounce back from that.