Saints v Livingston 10 August 2019

Jimmy Wallace

After trying to survive on 24% possesion and zero shots on target last week,Livi pose a very different but still difficult problem.They defend as if their lives depend on it and really try and profit from set pieces. We must get some spark of creativity from Swanson and hopefully someone will have a bash on target.Sounds daft but this fixture is nearly a must win in light of upcoming fixtures.

On 8/4/2019 at 12:38 PM, Dave H said:

Just checked official site to see ticket price.  No link available yet.  Had expected to see it open to buy, why can Saints not list a months worth of games to access.

Anyone know cost to get in?  Have prices went up?  Cant find the info online.  

£24 for East stand.  £25 for Main stand.   I'm going to have to work this out.... going back to a season ticket and missing midweek games might be better value.

18 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Perth Highland games cancelled. Weather is forecast to be like this for next 24 hours so wouldn't be surprised if game was off. Might not be a bad thing.

Forecast seems to have turned a lot better for tomorrow. If it goes ahead, it will probably destroy the pitch. Groundsman will be crying into his Hibs scarf.

Gordon and Kane fit for this. I'm now sort of looking forward to this, will be nice to just concentrate on actual football for once. Back to basics for us.

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Gordon - Tanser

O'Halloran - Callachan - Craig - Davidson - Kennedy

Kane

Subs: Parish, Vihmann, Duffy, McLean, McCann, Swanson, Hendry

If we'd had a better striker I'd have gone two up front, but theres no need to sacrifice a number in the middle to fit in Hendry or McMillan, as I feel like we need the three central players to try and stop us being over run. Hopefully Callachan and Davidson have enough of a brain between them to decide when one goes forward and the other stays back, but I assume Callachan will end up chasing the ball at random intervals on his own. Swanson on the bench to give us an actual option to change things up if its going badly.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Gordon and Kane fit for this. I'm now sort of looking forward to this, will be nice to just concentrate on actual football for once. Back to basics for us.

Clark

Kane

If we'd had a better striker I'd have gone two up front, but theres no need to sacrifice a number in the middle to fit in Hendry or McMillan, as I feel like we need the three central players to try and stop us being over run. Hopefully Callachan and Davidson have enough of a brain between them to decide when one goes forward and the other stays back, but I assume Callachan will end up chasing the ball at random intervals on his own. Swanson on the bench to give us an actual option to change things up if its going badly.

Yes, I'd go for this - although perhaps Vihmann in for Gordon.

season ticket bought today, season starts tomorrow.  MUST WIN game.     

Really hope to see 2 up top, I'm thinking a 1-0 from the penalty spot.  

heavy pitch given the rain in the last week, so really hope we score early because as the game goes on it will just become two teams nullifying each other in the forecasted rain.

Livi will come for a draw, are we good to break them down - hope so!  

Edited by Dave H

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Clark

Kane

Callachan and Davidson in same team has not worked so far so  442 with Hendry to replace one of them or McLean/McCann with Kennedy up front with Kane.

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

Callachan and Davidson in same team has not worked so far so  442 with Hendry to replace one of them or McLean/McCann with Kennedy up front with Kane.

I'm worried about how open our midfield was in the Betfred games, even Brechin found themselves with swathes of space in there when countering. Livingston need matched up with, five in midfield and fight them in the trenches.

It won't be pretty but a ugly **** 1-0 win with everyone battered and bruised would be a huge boost to this squad, I reckon. I can't see us pumping them, we didn't manage to score more than one goal in any game against them last season.

9 hours ago, Linky said:

Yes, I'd go for this - although perhaps Vihmann in for Gordon.

I would agree. Gordon may be the better player but 75 minutes in a reserve game game does not make him match fit. I do not think we can take a chance and play him if he is not up to speed.

The obvious question is when do we give him match time. If we are winning 1v0 would you change your back 4 to give him a game? He is a gamble one which Tommy may take, if he believes he has shown enough sharpness in training.

Not too bad now. Stopped raining late afternoon and I think it was pretty dry overnight. 

Suspect it will be on if it stays like this but it's pretty cloudy and I'd expect another deluge as there's an ton of rain slowly moving up from the south that could hit us late afternoon, or might not reach us in time.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on this;

https://meteoradar.co.uk/expected-rainfall

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

I would agree. Gordon may be the better player but 75 minutes in a reserve game game does not make him match fit. I do not think we can take a chance and play him if he is not up to speed.

The obvious question is when do we give him match time. If we are winning 1v0 would you change your back 4 to give him a game? He is a gamble one which Tommy may take, if he believes he has shown enough sharpness in training.

If Tommy puts him in the side then he's obviously fit to play. Not as if his injury was lower limb related that would affect his running.

Didn't hold back against Cove in the midweek game, sliding into tackles, which will be needed today on a heavy pitch.

Cove scored 4 mins. after he was subbed and added 2 further goals in his absence.

Well, that's me put the curse on his performance today , if picked.

C.o.y.s.

11 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Just a thought, what have you seen in Vihmann's game that you'd prefer him over Gordon?

Nothing. But he was brought in to be first choice I would imagine, and it would be unfair to drop him just based upon the Celtic game. If he has the quality that Tommy saw in him, then it's worth letting him show that against more balanced opposition. A central defender pairing need time to build up an understanding.