Saints v Livingston 10 August 2019

Jimmy Wallace

22 minutes ago, Linky said:

Nothing. But he was brought in to be first choice I would imagine, and it would be unfair to drop him just based upon the Celtic game. If he has the quality that Tommy saw in him, then it's worth letting him show that against more balanced opposition. A central defender pairing need time to build up an understanding.

not sure if he was brought in as first choice.  what I've seen of Vihmann, is that a bond needs to be built at the back.   early days.

40 minutes ago, Linky said:

Nothing. But he was brought in to be first choice I would imagine, and it would be unfair to drop him just based upon the Celtic game. If he has the quality that Tommy saw in him, then it's worth letting him show that against more balanced opposition. A central defender pairing need time to build up an understanding.

I'm not sure he was brought in as first choice and I hope he wasn't. The pairing you talk about has to be Kerr and Gordon, already know each other well and have never had a bad game together. A very promising partnership.

On top of that, if Gordon finds himself second or third choice again then he's going to start wondering what he has to do to get a game.

1 minute ago, cristo said:

I'm not sure he was brought in as first choice and I hope he wasn't. The pairing you talk about has to be Kerr and Gordon, already know each other well and have never had a bad game together. A very promising partnership.

On top of that, if Gordon finds himself second or third choice again then he's going to start wondering what he has to do to get a game.

Potentially I might prefer Liam to Jason. Admittedly I’m no football coach or manager :)

Just now, andrew said:

Potentially I might prefer Liam to Jason. Admittedly I’m no football coach or manager :)

You know I can see your point. Early last season, league cup games they played in together I actually thought Liam was the better player of the two. Then when the league season started and Joe came back in, it was Jason that partnered him. Hardly put a foot wrong to be fair, but yeah, Liam Gordon is indeed a quality defender.

17 minutes ago, cristo said:

You know I can see your point. Early last season, league cup games they played in together I actually thought Liam was the better player of the two. Then when the league season started and Joe came back in, it was Jason that partnered him. Hardly put a foot wrong to be fair, but yeah, Liam Gordon is indeed a quality defender.

You better get your hard hat on. When I suggested Liam was a better player than Jason I got a few comments on my mentality.

23 minutes ago, cristo said:

Not sure how to respond to this Cagey without offending someone, but why would a gay people's march through town have an affect on the crowd at the Saints game?

Do you not think there may be a few Saints fans who support the march ?.

19 minutes ago, cristo said:

Not sure how to respond to this Cagey without offending someone, but why would a gay people's march through town have an affect on the crowd at the Saints game?

Presumably because some Saints fans might be gay? Or some Saints fans might know and/or be related to someone who is gay? Or some Saints fans might just want to show support? Or some Saints fans might want to see Ian McKellen in their hometown, hear his speech and possibly meet him? These are a few of my suggestions.

30 minutes ago, andrew said:

Can understand that. Hard to judge Gordon completely as we've not seen much of him, and not over a full season, whilst I think we're now so used to Kerr we're becoming a bit blinded to how good he is. Kerr is definitely more prone to giving away daft fouls by lunging in though.

30 minutes ago, cristo said:

To some, one will be far more important to the other.

52 minutes ago, Dave H said:

not sure if he was brought in as first choice.  what I've seen of Vihmann, is that a bond needs to be built at the back.   early days.

Maybe not, I just wonder with the cost cutting exercise that seems to be going on, whether Tommy would bring in an international defender from abroad to sit on the bench. If we wanted back up, surely another Duffy from somewhere would be what he'd be looking for - cheap and 'one for the future'.

21 minutes ago, Linky said:

Maybe not, I just wonder with the cost cutting exercise that seems to be going on, whether Tommy would bring in an international defender from abroad to sit on the bench. If we wanted back up, surely another Duffy from somewhere would be what he'd be looking for - cheap and 'one for the future'.

Panic.

Gordon injured, Anderson getting rag dolled by Billy McKay and then Duffy looking completely out his depth.

Or we've been tracking Vihmann for months and always wanted to sign him to add competition and bring us up to four CBs.

11 minutes ago, slf said:

I wonder how many dopey dudes turn up for a 3 pm instead of 2 pm kick off time.

bound to be some dipstick .ha ha 

I once walked 5 miles to watch a midweek Highland League game which was actually scheduled for the following midweek. Surely loads of folk have done it pre-internet days?

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Can understand that. Hard to judge Gordon completely as we've not seen much of him, and not over a full season, whilst I think we're now so used to Kerr we're becoming a bit blinded to how good he is. Kerr is definitely more prone to giving away daft fouls by lunging in though.

To some, one will be far more important to the other.

How can anything be more important than Saints playing Livingston.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Presumably because some Saints fans might be gay? Or some Saints fans might know and/or be related to someone who is gay? Or some Saints fans might just want to show support? Or some Saints fans might want to see Ian McKellen in their hometown, hear his speech and possibly meet him? These are a few of my suggestions.

Yeah, I hear you, my response was based on Cagey suggesting the crowd might be as low as 1500. I'd expect at least 2000 at this game, just don't believe a quarter of our potential support would rather attend the march.