Saints tv

BrechinSaintee

• 4 months later...

Last season Rangers and St Mirren did their own thing and Saints TV were not included in a reciprocal agreements. Livi and Hamilton did not have a streaming service. 

Does anyone know if there is any change to the above and will Dundee Utd away games be transmitted live?

20 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Agree but what if some people do not have internet or their internet speed is slow and does not make viewing an option, they have paid for a service they cannot get?

Take a drive somewhere with 4G. 

honestly if you live on a farm 5 miles from the nearest telephone cabinet, you’ll be screwed. Bit tough, but you chose to leave civilisation!! 

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

Agree but what if some people do not have internet or their internet speed is slow and does not make viewing an option, they have paid for a service they cannot get?

I thought they would know the internet was required for Saints TV but I suppose you can get sky with a dish , although I can't see Saints installing dishes all over the place.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, ejksjfc said:

Please excuse my ignorance but can anyone tell me what the Player 1/2/3 bars under the main screen are for? I logged in pre match but went to the pub to watch the game so apologies again if this became obvious during live transmission.

My understanding is that they are there to provide a few different alternatives, so if the stream you're watching is dodgy for whatever reason, you can try one of the other ones. I guess if there's a large amount of people all trying to access a particular game, having a few different options reduces the chance of it crashing. But yeah, it doesn't seem to be explained anywhere.

Need new commentators they were rank last night. For 5 mins they talked about McCrorrie not being in the squad and in the 43 minute they then noticed he was on the park. There voices showed no emotion and were down right dull adding to the dullness of the game. Very amateurish 

Midge has a degree in Journalism and appeared on Sportscene a few times and projected himself very well with his comments and knowledge of the game could do worse.

I turned over to sky at halftime and did not turn back.

Edited by Johnny B

8 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Need new commentators they were rank last night. For 5 mins they talked about McCrorrie not being in the squad and in the 43 minute they then noticed he was on the park. There voices showed no emotion and were down right dull adding to the dullness of the game. Very amateurish 

Midge has a degree in Journalism and appeared on Sportscene a few times and projected himself very well with his comments and knowledge of the game could do worse.

I turned over to sky at halftime and did not turn back.

Would imagine Chris Millar is in a different "bubble" for covid purposes.

Danny Griffin works at McD so hence using him.

Other commentator is new only his 3rd gig........give him a chance.

Agree about McCrorrie comment though - lack of prep and observation when team lined up.

29 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I understand why they are in those roles but they are not going to improve; can anyone honestly say they enjoy the commentaries?

But time will tell. 

Prefer them to High paid experts on sky or bt spouting about auld firm or what Saints management are doing wrong especially when said experts have never managed or failed eg McCann at Scumdee.

33 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I understand why they are in those roles but they are not going to improve; can anyone honestly say they enjoy the commentaries?

But time will tell. 

I did - with Danny Griffin it was a lot nicer to hear someone with a bit of knowledge about Saints. His comments on the likes of Kerr when he was a kid were interesting. Lets face it the alternative on Sportsound etc  would struggle to name a Saints player.

2 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

I thought that Danny Griffin was excellent last night.

No. We need some hyper South American type commentator who knows nothing about our game, never mind Saints’ players, but who can inject some enthusiasm. We can’t have Danny giving us good comments in monotone. Style over substance - a curse of the modern age. 

5 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

I did - with Danny Griffin it was a lot nicer to hear someone with a bit of knowledge about Saints. His comments on the likes of Kerr when he was a kid were interesting. Lets face it the alternative on Sportsound etc  would struggle to name a Saints player.

I agree. Yes there were a couple of mistakes but I found Griffin in particular really interesting and I think it's a nice change to hear a commentary from a purely Saints perspective. I certainly enjoyed it a helluva lot more than the stuff I've heard from Sky or BT. This is new for everyone - let's give them a chance before wading in with the criticism.

Also with the coverage in general this season I've been pleasantly surprised that we're getting things like replays and different camera angles. Before watching the first match I was a bit worried that we were just going to get one single camera following the game from the side of the pitch.

5 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I agree. Yes there were a couple of mistakes but I found Griffin in particular really interesting and I think it's a nice change to hear a commentary from a purely Saints perspective. I certainly enjoyed it a helluva lot more than the stuff I've heard from Sky or BT. This is new for everyone - let's give them a chance before wading in with the criticism.

Also with the coverage in general this season I've been pleasantly surprised that we're getting things like replays and different camera angles. Before watching the first match I was a bit worried that we were just going to get one single camera following the game from the side of the pitch.

I think we were taking Sky coverage were we not ?.

20 hours ago, Johnny B said:

But time will tell. 

I enjoyed the commentary on Thursday as it was a big improvement on the Killie game.

Its best not to say anything on this form or you just get abuse.

No wonder this forum is now so little used.

I don’t think I will be making any more comments.

3 minutes ago, akuram said:

I enjoyed the commentary on Thursday as it was a big improvement on the Killie game.

Akuram, Never mind what other people say, if you have something to say just say it, all entitled to our opionions, if others dont like it tough.

58 minutes ago, akuram said:

If people stopped posting every time they got abuse then I'd never post here.

And surely nobody wants that...