Saints tv

BrechinSaintee

3 hours ago, dave mc said:

My Saints tv was flawless,like every game,so it’s maybe not  at their end the faults 

Streaming of the games is great.  The only problem is casting it to my TV, so it could well be something I am doing wrong. As @blueheaven says it is a bit odd that all other teams streaming of games cast with no problem.  I don't suppose I'll ever find out the real reason, but I've found a way of getting round the problem so I'm quite happy.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Saints TV,what would we have done without it. Imagine if this pandemic had happened a few years back.

Huge thanks to Ross & his team.

It's been great and I have to admit part of me will be a little sad to see it go once things return to normal.

Interesting to see Saints (and other clubs) seem to have pretty much given up on the whole pre-match programme thing they were trying to do earlier on in the season. Can't say I'm overly bothered about that.

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Saints TV,what would we have done without it. Imagine if this pandemic had happened a few years back.

Huge thanks to Ross & his team.

Ross  will hopefully be on his way soon, and be an MSP for part of Fife, great move if he’s lucky, and a loss to Saints 

I've just learned that Mark Guidi (who's done most of the home games on Saints TV) is a "professional broadcaster". WTF?

I mean, I haven't lived in Scotland since 1993, so forgive me being I'm out of the loop, but he's so much worse than Steven Watt as a commentator, and he clearly isn't a Saints fan.

Does anyone know the back story here?

1 hour ago, california_saintee said:

I've just learned that Mark Guidi (who's done most of the home games on Saints TV) is a "professional broadcaster". WTF?

I mean, I haven't lived in Scotland since 1993, so forgive me being I'm out of the loop, but he's so much worse than Steven Watt as a commentator, and he clearly isn't a Saints fan.

Ex-St Mirren. Ex-Celtic Boys Club. Fairly unlikely to be a St Johnstone supporter.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mark-guidi-256306a3

Edited by Abernethy Saint

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Does he not live quite local?

Guess when it became clear every game this season would be behind closed doors they got the closest professional commentator they could.

As professional would be classed as work so no need to live local to satisfy covid regulations.

Just like players travelling from their place of home to work or any other person.

3 hours ago, california_saintee said:

Really was made well known he wasn’t. Even on off the ball they said it.

12 hours ago, california_saintee said:

He's been involved in Scottish football media for a long time. If you look his name up on Amazon you'll see he's written a number of books (predominantly about the OF).

Have to admit I do find Steven Watt way more enjoyable to listen to. As a Saints fan his greater passion and knowledge really comes through in his commentary, and when he's sitting alongside an ex-player he's able to chat to them about his memories of them playing for us. A non-Saints fan just can't bring that to the table.

I did think it was a bit of a shame that for a massive game on Saturday we ended up with two commentators with no Saints connection. That said, Shelley Kerr's analysis was really quite impressive and much better than a lot of the punditry I've heard on Sky, BBC etc.

23 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

He's been involved in Scottish football media for a long time. If you look his name up on Amazon you'll see he's written a number of books (predominantly about the OF).

Have to admit I do find Steven Watt way more enjoyable to listen to. As a Saints fan his greater passion and knowledge really comes through in his commentary, and when he's sitting alongside an ex-player he's able to chat to them about his memories of them playing for us. A non-Saints fan just can't bring that to the table.

I did think it was a bit of a shame that for a massive game on Saturday we ended up with two commentators with no Saints connection. That said, Shelley Kerr's analysis was really quite impressive and much better than a lot of the punditry I've heard on Sky, BBC etc.

I assume Saints pay for those non Saints commentators & analyst's.

8 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Don’t forget his favourite pastime spelling B I N N.

The only reason I kept the volume up on Saturday was all the Tweets and Facebook comments slagging him off, if it hadn’t been for Shelley Kerr I doubt football would ever have been mentioned.

Time for him to go.

I assume he is told to push the sponsors & jersey sponsorship.

18 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I assume he is told to push the sponsors & jersey sponsorship.

The way he does it is so perfunctory though. His whole broadcast just seems like one big TODO list.

I mean, I'm not an expert, but he could drop in a shirt sponsor's name organically, when their player is on the ball.

Never mind the cringe inducing spelling bee..

2 minutes ago, california_saintee said:

The way he does it is so perfunctory though. His whole broadcast just seems like one big TODO list.

I mean, I'm not an expert, but he could drop in a shirt sponsor's name organically, when their player is on the ball.

Never mind the cringe inducing spelling bee..

Agree, and there’s 15 mins of dead air between the half’s that he could read match sponsors, ball sponsors, boot sponsors, shirt sponsors.

I switch off completely when he starts his list.