Ask Brown a question

Open Forum at Mcd on 29th Aug for season ticket holders.

If you had a chance to ask a question to Brown, what would it be.

I would kick off with:

On a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is excellent, where would you place yourself on the scale if asked " How do you perceive yourself performing as the public relations head of St Johnstone FC"

What would you want to ask?

5 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

"Open forum" where season ticket holders get drawn from a "ballot".... mair hot balls than an OF semi final draw 

I thought that as well but registration is first come first accepted  through Bev so would hope first 80 that registrar do get to go. 

What kind of a car do you drive ?

Do you like tea or coffee ? And do you dunk biscuits in the cup ?

Did you have an action man toy when you were a little boy ?

Have you ever done a dump at McD ?

What was the first match you attended ?

What is your favourite away ground ?

What is your favourite player ?

Any juicy gossip for us nosey Parker’s ?

Will you buy us all a beer ?

Why can’t disabled and  elderly use the middle exit the directors and fat cat corporate dudes use to exit the stadium ?

Why can you go out for a smoke if your in the hospitality but other fans can’t ?

Someone should ask Mr Brown to hold a discussion on opening up the whole of McDiarmid to any club capable of filling the stands. We stare at empty seats with flags on and they could be generating cash for the club. This would generate income for all smaller clubs as well if they did the same.

Also, start out and reform the way supporters are treated around the grounds. They could use a better registration and trusted away support system. Allocation can still be controlled by the visiting teams on their ballot draw selection but no reason Saints can not intervene at their own discretion. Step out of line and you will be handed a lifetime ban on all SFA sites. Obviously the crime must be serious. Songbooks are part of the 90 mins entertainment. We're not needing safe space PC snowflake roasters at the fitbaw.

Even Rangers have started a "Anywhere anyone" scheme. It's time a new approach was looked into in other grounds. Perhaps a SFA issued smart card for away supporters. Start treating even the likes of celt*c as humans and stop the steward hassle and body searches. Any pyro's and the area in question has a ban of 5 seats radius. Easy to control with smart cards. Not you at the game ? Tough, it's your card and your problem regardless who starts it. Need money for new turnstyles , well the SNP are always chucking money away, get a sports grant instead of spunking it on rubbish schemes like train station signs or junk, free education degrees for foreigners. Get a grant for the sporting nations health.

Look, Scottish football is in trouble and we all know it. At least something has to be done. How difficult would it be to have an away smart card for any club? It wouldn't. It would be easy. Remember, any supporter turning up at Hampden is on camera and stored by Glesga polis. The vans are all over collecting data. They just don't admit it. So data collection and registration is by consent. It's all easy to do, just need the drive to succeed.

1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Questions will likely be in writing and censored before they get anywhere near Brown. 

This. 

Even if folk get to have a go at Brown, whats it actually going to achieve? 

He made it clear years ago he'll never change how he runs the club if he feels its the best way, no matter what criticism goes his way.

The fact he threw away the chance to sign a fans favourite, and hasn't bothered to tell the fans why, sums up what he thinks about our opinion.

"Why won't hookers let you kiss them?"

More seriously;

- What is your ratio of marketing investment to turnover and how does this compare to similarly sized clubs?

- In your opinion, what clubs of a similar size have performed well and what lessons have you taken from their success?

- Who do you regard as our competition, and what are the strategies for out-performing them in the context of declining crowds?

- What proportion of revenue comes from activities ancillary to turnstile receipts, and again how does that benchmark to the competition?

- What levels of delegated authority are the management of the club given? 

- How do we attract the best quality management talent and how do our payscales benchmark against other employers in the same sector?

I could go on all night about that stuff but what I really want to know is ...

- "Where do you honestly expect this club to be in 5 and 10 years time, and who will be running it?"

Since Scottish cup win, have our club progressed in the areas of PR, communication with the fans and marketing the product ?

What is the current strategy for identifying prospective talent/signings ? -will this change in the future.

26 minutes ago, GMac said:

Since Scottish cup win, have our club progressed in the areas of PR, communication with the fans and marketing the product ?

What is the current strategy for identifying prospective talent/signings ? -will this change in the future.

Like I have said many times our strategy seems to be waiting for an agent to offer Saints a player. I don't think there is any scouting strategy. Doubt if anyone even watches the many lower league games on telly.

Guest ScottMann

On a scale of 1 - 10, now that the Old Firm are more or less back to total domination of Scottish football, to the detriment of clubs like Saints and the game in general, exactly how delighted are you and the rest of the owners/Chairmen that fought tooth and nail to ensure that Scottish football's duopoly should continue ad infinitum when Rangers died ? I'd say it's probably about 20. 

I have kept quiet over this Summer's debacle until now but the bottom line is that I have had a season ticket now for over 30 years and like the Chairman I can't be arsed. Given the absolute shambles of this transfer window and the Chairman clearly not giving a toss, I am seriously considering not using my season ticket as I have no stomach to watch absolute pish on the pitch week after week. I have gone home and away to the bottom of the second division with St Johnstone and enjoyed the climb backup despite the various relegations in between but since the cup win my enthusiasm has waned under Steve Brown's woeful stewardship. I wouldn't mind the inevitable relegation  if we actually gave ourselves a fighting chance and would continue to support the team but for now I have more enthusiasm for weeding the garden than I do going to a Saints game.

For those supporters that do continue to stick by them well done but I for one have had enough.

As for giving up a Thursday night to attend something like this, you must be joking. I will be giving it a wide body swerve as I see absolutely no point in attending and suspect many others will too. I doubt if 20 people will turn up on the night. When that happens you can then hear the moans from the Chairman of why bother when no one will even bother turning up to an open forum. Still he's bomb proof!

When Brown made these comments earlier in the year I considered if I wanted to renew my season ticket,

Notwithstanding the costs involved and the challenging logistics, our preference was for a ‘Colts’ team playing in a competitive league in Scotland.'

How could he possibly think this was a better option for the club, did he honestly think for  a second Saints would be one of the colt teams entered in to the league?

I know it's personal preference but Colts teams in the SPFL would be the end for me following senior football in Scotland.

Edited by The Kinross Saint

47 minutes ago, dunblanemike said:

That’s a shame, as comments like yours need to be put to the chairman.

however, while I am at home games will you come and weed my garden please?

True .can you mow my lawn as well please.

i will leave the lawn mower out or you whilst am at the home games.thanks