Player contracts and transfers

David123

I might be wrong but I thought Easton can play CB and so can Scobbie (well Scobbie tries). I don't see another defender coming in tbh unless it's on loan.

Think the operative word is can. They both can but I don`t think I would like to see them there except for the last 20 mins of a game in an emergency.

While we all want players in for Europe, I hope we don't rush into signing a striker IF there is better elsewhere.

I personally think our midfield looks very weak and lacks creativity. No Craig, Vine, Davidson and Abeid. Yes Wotherspoon is a great addition, but I don't see many goals in our squad if May doesn't step up to the plate.

A quality striker and someone that gives us wider options, aswell as Edwards, is essential in my opinion if we are to have any chance of a top 6 finish.

It all depends on how Wright wants to set up though. Personally this season I feel we're more suited to a 4-3-1-2 with Wotherspoon in behind May and MacLean and 3 central midfielders. We need another striker, whether any of the trialists are good enough we'll find out but I wouldn't want to rush into signing anyone if May, MacLean and Hasselbaink are fit for Europe.

I think that's a bit over the top. Millar, Cregg, Robertson and McDonald are all very good passing midfielders and can definitely pick a pass and create something.

Im not being critical of them but at best theyre hardworking ,journeyman midfielders,theyre not creative players.Need some1 with abit of vision .

Why is it that whatever players we are linked with, there are Saints fans out to damn the player before he even arrives?  Happens every year.  Now I don't think Rory Fallon is going to be the next van Persie or Drogba or whatever, but if he signs then he will have my full support.

Why is it that whatever players we are linked with, there are Saints fans out to damn the player before he even arrives?  Happens every year.  Now I don't think Rory Fallon is going to be the next van Persie or Drogba or whatever, but if he signs then he will have my full support.

I think it's just quite frustrating to see Saints being linked with guys like this. He was rubbish at Aberdeen, who were a lesser team than us last season and is well into his 30s now.

I'd rather see us take a gamble on someone like Bowerman than sign a 'tried and tested' like Fallon. Bowerman will be cheaper and, IMO, will more likely be a success.

I think it's just quite frustrating to see Saints being linked with guys like this. He was rubbish at Aberdeen, who were a lesser team than us last season and is well into his 30s now.

I'd rather see us take a gamble on someone like Bowerman than sign a 'tried and tested' like Fallon. Bowerman will be cheaper and, IMO, will more likely be a success.

Fallon imo would be just taking a wage for warming the bench BEATTIEESQUE.

Interested in Adam Rooney along with hibs dundee united and county.

I can't see us getting Rooney to be honest. He'd be an excellent signing for a club like Saints, but feel he'll command too high a wage for us.