Player contracts and transfers

David123

I'm no expert and i have said my bit on McDonald but is it not just a case of Tommy offering  the Majority of the players new deals?Probably been on the table for a while and its just a case of Garry  saying aye first!That's  the way i see it anyway.Did Tommy not say somewhere that he wanted longer than 1 year deals as well.Good news on Scott Brown too.I think we will see a good few  sign up  in the next few weeks!No doubt some will turn deals down too but that's  Football at our level for ye!!

Actually I think MacDonald has been pretty good this season - understated, works hard, and contributes a lot more than it seems. He was excellent against Hibs away when we were down to 10 men. He scored the decisive goal away to Morton to get us to a cup semi final. He does play better alongside Cregg than Muzz though.

I simply don't believe this.  Badfanny is on £20k a week with Blackburn paying £14k of it whilst he's at United.  Saints will not pay £6k a week for him.

No way would he become a fans favourite, even if he scored a hattrick every week.  Our club doesn't need bad rubbish like him.

Tommy is in the papers today saying he wants to recruit an experienced  target man to boost his attacking options,he goes on to say later in the article that more young players will be drafted into the Squad and that Gareth Rodger will not be going back out on loan when he recovers from a knee injury.

I have almost given up on us obtaining Europe through the league this year, and depending on when we really feel we are safe from getting dragged into a battle for the play off spot, I am in the frame of mind that I would gladly go and watch the rest of the games with us playing the likes of Brown, Rodger, D Easton, Kane, Caddis mixed in with some of the more experienced players

I have almost given up on us obtaining Europe through the league this year, and depending on when we really feel we are safe from getting dragged into a battle for the play off spot, I am in the frame of mind that I would gladly go and watch the rest of the games with us playing the likes of Brown, Rodger, D Easton, Kane, Caddis mixed in with some of the more experienced players

Like it or not, that is our future, and not only ours but the rest of the league too at this rate.

Imagine paying full price to watch what will eventually become an under 22's (or thereabouts) league :laugh:

Couldn't agree more. If current form continues, then once safe from play-off basically drop anyone who wont sign on or who isn't needed, playing the youngsters who either have time left on contract or who need a chance to show they need more time on contract.

Still hope of an upturn in form leading to top 6 though

Actually I think MacDonald has been pretty good this season - understated, works hard, and contributes a lot more than it seems. He was excellent against Hibs away when we were down to 10 men. He scored the decisive goal away to Morton to get us to a cup semi final. He does play better alongside Cregg than Muzz though.

Very true.  When was Gary McDonald at his best?  At the start of season, he was immense in Euro games.  McDonald has not been the same since Muzz has come back.....................coincidence?

Can the two play effectively together?  That is the question that only TW can solve.

McDonald hasn't been at his best since he came back from that injury I reckon. I'm just so frustrated that Muzz doesn't get to play his attacking midfielder role. He was great for us for years in that position and now TW plays him as a sitting midfielder when we are lacking threat! It just doesn't make sense to me.

Not sure I would've given McDonald an extended contract but I wont lose any sleep over it. No problem with Brown getting a deal. Lets hope he gets more match time in the first team to show what he can do.

Goodwillie??? No thanks. He may be a decent player on his game but he's a coc#

Lets be honest folks, TW has made some iffy signings but he's limited with the financial resources he has at his disposal. We are paying Fallon, why not play him and try something different? Change it about a bit. Hasselbaink and Wotherspoon on the wings with Fallon and May up top, Muzz attacking with Cregg sitting and as for the defence...... well that's another debate.

O'Halloran will need to get a chance somewhere at sometime but not yet.

Incidentally, I have hardly had a team prediction right since TW got the job so it's not gonna happen :laugh:

Agreed