Player contracts and transfers

David123

Aberdeen have made an offer to Goodwillie apparently

If that is indeed true and we lose out then we only have ourselves to blame for losing out. If he goes there after doing preseason with us then get him busted on our first meeting. L o l.

I don't know why we are taking so long to sign anyone especially with the wages of players release gone. You could dare say add Nige & Creggs wage bill could easily cover Goodwillie and another.

Aberdeen fans saying he has signed for them.

Looks like we will be giving youth a chance this coming season. Not too unhappy if that happens, as long as we don't get relegated.

Yeah theres a few popping up now saying its a done deal, shame if its true. Suppose it was the obvious thing once they missed out on Boyd, but I didnt really consider it until now.

And yeah I like the fact we'll be giving youth a shot, I'd just rather we weren't totally reliant on them as the back up. I'd have far rather kept Hasselbaink and loaned out Easton and Kane than give them ten minutes of the bench

Unlike others I'm not dissapointed in this. Maclean and May are our two starters and I don't see where Goodwillie could play in the team unless he was been signed as a back up. I'd rather Kane as our reserve striker and spent Goodwillie's wage on a quality centre midfielder.

It really is amatuerish that our seadon starts a week on thursday an we are still not in a position rlto know our budget?? If anything surely the budget should be up on last year!

We don't need to sign anyone because we won the scottish cup and if you want a budget you should volunteer your time for free and go up to mcdiarmid park and work it out yourself

We don't need to sign anyone because we won the scottish cup and if you want a budget you should volunteer your time for free and go up to mcdiarmid park and work it out yourself

Not the best response I have seen on wap. So we won the scottish cup.....should he sit on our arses and bathe in our glory for the next 130 years or should we build on it?

Are you for real?

It's piss poor that we don't know the budget. May stalling on contract and Goodwillie elsewhere, we could end up losing both and having to panic buy a fallon or iwelumo but that's alright as we won the scottish cup

Every other club has managed to work out a budget for the season... They didn't need fans to volunteer their time for free to work it out for them

Are you for real?

It's piss poor that we don't know the budget. May stalling on contract and Goodwillie elsewhere, we could end up losing both and having to panic buy a fallon or iwelumo but that's alright as we won the scottish cup

I think he was being a tad sarcastic... Can you confirm pats??? :wink:

Not too fussed about Goodwillie tbh. But I do think some reinforcement for the strikers is necessary.

We were lucky last year that May didn't get any injuries,even short term ones. Will we be so lucky again this year?

Imagine last season if May had done his hamstring whilst MacLean was out and the only option was Fallon!

Not too fussed about Goodwillie tbh. But I do think some reinforcement for the strikers is necessary.

We were lucky last year that May didn't get any injuries,even short term ones. Will we be so lucky again this year?

Imagine last season if May had done his hamstring whilst MacLean was out and the only option was Fallon!

Jesus! Not worth even thinking about. Edited by essexsaint

The only thing worrying me is that we've been interested since January, released players and still havent been able to figure out if we've got enough in the budget to sign him. And now we've missed out. Wouldn't be overly surprised if the whole budget has been reviewed on the basis of signing him and thats whats been holding up the May deal, and possibly even led to us missing out on Dunne and probably leaving it too late to get Craig aswell. Im hopefully wrong though

I think he was being a tad sarcastic... Can you confirm pats??? :wink:

Yes I was being sarcastic! Or at least trying to be. Yeah we've got this good player training with us and he wants to sign for us and some of the fans will be pretty excited by him but..... We can't offer him a contract Even though our season starts in 2 weeks. It's so frustrating how can other teams have budgets sorted but we can't

Pretty poor pre season to be honest.

We've released several players weakening the squad

Last with season tickets

Last with strips

No budget

No signings

No rumours

And the season starts in less than two weeks, plenty time for us to find new players, get them match fit and bedded in - AYE RIGHT

Edited by TommyTurnersTache

Last with season tickets

Last with strips

No budget

No signings

No rumours

And the season starts in less than two weeks, plenty time for us to find new players, get them match fit and bedded in - AYE RIGHT

Watch out for the forum police... With that post your looking at the jail!

Last with season tickets

Last with strips

No budget

No signings

No rumours

It's ok though because the cup went around the local schools and that's all that matters

I'm not overly bothered if we've missed out on Goodwillie, but what is concerning is if it's genuinely true that the manager can't get the players he wants because a budget isn't sorted out.

However I'm not convinced that's actually true given we at least made an offer for Dunne. Could be Wright using it as an excuse as he knows Goodwillie was after too much cash...