Player contracts and transfers

David123

Seems to be a lot of faffin about budget wise which TW seems to need sorted sooner than later. Fans seem to have stepped up if reports on season tickets are correct and the support for the final was staggering so come on saints gie us something to continue to feel positive.

Stop the above faffin Europe in couple off weeks, time is of the essence.

Rant over

Edited by john.w

We are still in a fairly strong position in that 10 of the cup final 11 are still there. The club does not need an overhaul just a bit of refreshment.

In the last two seasons MacLean has sustained a fairly serious injury at some stage and right now our striking back up is untested at this level.

May was untested at this level last season. Kane scored 10 goals for a part time team in half a season, I don't thinks a gamble to have him near the first team this season.

Just because May was such a success doesn't automatically mean Kane will be.

May was untested at this level last season. Kane scored 10 goals for a part time team in half a season, I don't thinks a gamble to have him near the first team this season.

May has had more of a chance to develop at different levels than Kane has.

So...we already have a decent squad.....but the ability to make decisions on whether or not to strengthen it should be able to be made by the manager knowing what budget he has available.....other clubs do, and I am pretty sure that their financial picture is a lot more complicated than ours

As I recall our record of having a number of players injured over the last few years is quite a bad one. So with the current number of players, I suspect that if this record continues then we will be stretched at key times in the season particularly up front. We lost two senior forwards at the end of the season and by the time we get the budget sorted (Is it really that hard to ask for an estimate of what we are going to get for winning the cup?) many of the targets we are interested in are likely to have gone leaving second choice at best alternatives. Putting the hoped for return of Muzz to one side, the centre of midfield also looks light with the lack of a real driving centre midfielder we have needed for years continuing.

TW is obviously being supportive of the board in public but I would like to think that in private he is pushing the chairman really hard to get this ridiculous budget situation resolved. Much as many of us despaired of Mr Lomas' continual moaning about resources a little bit of this would not go amiss at the moment.

The club has built up a bit of momentum in Perth re support and it is a pity if this disappears just as quickly as it arrived.

Name these twenty players

I have put the numbers up the side as a running total just to keep you right!

1.Alan Mannus

2.Zander Clark

3.Steve Banks

4.Brian Easton

5.Tom Scobbie

6.David Mackay

7.Frazer Wright

8.Steven Anderson

9.Gary Miller

10.Chris Millar

11.David Wotherspoon

12.Gary McDonald

13.Lee Croft

14.Liam Caddis

15.Michael O'Halloran

16.Murray Davidson

17.Scott Brown

18.Steven MacLean

19.Stevie May

20.Chris Kane

If we had signed Goodwillie, Craig and Dunne as well as Stevie May on an increased contract, that would be one hell of a wage bill.

Also there is a lot though of Gareth Rodger, Dylan Easton and Craig Thomson as well as some of the other player in the youth set up who could step up to the bench this season.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

I am sure some one will put me right, not knowing much of the finances of the club but according to web sites our wage bill for 2011 was £2.72 mil for salaries with turnover of over £4 mil. I believe it will not have changed too much. I would imagine most are on between £52,000 to £104,000 a year i.e. £1,000 to £2,000 per week 22 players would be min of £1.1 mil to max of £2.2 mil. Which compared to other clubs is not one hell of a wage bill.