Player contracts and transfers

David123

Not too fussed with Goodwillie...he would have commanded a large wage and if May & Maclean continue where they left off would he be benched quite a lot?

The midfield is really where we need to strengthen. Brown might fill the Dunne/Cregg role but even if he does there isn't a lot there for injuries etc. Not sure on Caddis and the other young lads surely aren't going to be getting anything more than the odd appearance and the majority of their playing time would be from the bench.

Still plenty time to get something organised.

Hopefully Tommy will give Caddis a chance to show the doubters

So just to recap;

We pissed about getting the season tickets sorted out and probably missed out on a few extra

Didn't update the website for nearly 2 weeks, despite trying to push the season tickets,

We took a ridiculous amount of time to get strips sorted, despite ending up with the same sponsor and manufacturer and;

We can't seem to sign players as our budget isn't sorted out.

Anyone else slightly concerned?

You are spot on Yellow box.  After the Utopia of winning the Cup, we have been in hibernation.  The Scottish Cup going around the schools has been good publicity, however our updates on the Offical site have been dreadful and we have not fully capitalised on the "feel good factor". 

As for strips we have been notoriously slow with that for years, there were seasons where it was not released until October.

I very much look forward to the new campaign, just hope all is going well with negotiations with Tommy.

I do feel that the negativity and lack of enthusiasm relates primarily to the sort of news and action that us established supporters would love to hear.  I think the club have been correctly concentrating their attentions on new customers, with information and marketing approaches that seem somewhat tedious and meaningless to us.  

Youngsters and local families who maybe came to the cup final but have never been to McDiarmid will have remarkably little interest in new signings and budgets.  Lots of pictures of kids and babies in the new Saints strip is far more appropriate.

I'm not saying everything is fabulous, but the forum members are a small proportion of the 15,000 that went to the cup final.  If everything Saints did was geared towards feeding WAP members with what they want, it would alienate a greater number of people in my opinion.

Think a lot of saints fans are frustated at no players coming in

obviously when hasselbaink, cregg , iwelumo and clancy were released naturally you would think their wages would have been used to bring in a couple of players at the least

tw was keen on retaining dunne but he ended up signing for pompey on a free transfer even though we had apparantly made stevenage a bid

Looks like all spare cash is being put into securing may on a longer deal

I do feel that the negativity and lack of enthusiasm relates primarily to the sort of news and action that us established supporters would love to hear.  I think the club have been correctly concentrating their attentions on new customers, with information and marketing approaches that seem somewhat tedious and meaningless to us.  

Youngsters and local families who maybe came to the cup final but have never been to McDiarmid will have remarkably little interest in new signings and budgets.  Lots of pictures of kids and babies in the new Saints strip is far more appropriate.

I'm not saying everything is fabulous, but the forum members are a small proportion of the 15,000 that went to the cup final.  If everything Saints did was geared towards feeding WAP members with what they want, it would alienate a greater number of people in my opinion.

The club cannot solely concentrate on new customers. Yes we need them but this must not be to the detriment of the team. These new customers are coming to see the Scottish Cup Champions and will expect to be entertained and watch a winning team or else they will not be back. Hence the information and marketing will have been pointless. We need to strengthen the team or at least bring it up to the standard we had at the close of last season. Others have been improving we must not get left behind

I do feel that the negativity and lack of enthusiasm relates primarily to the sort of news and action that us established supporters would love to hear. I think the club have been correctly concentrating their attentions on new customers, with information and marketing approaches that seem somewhat tedious and meaningless to us.

Youngsters and local families who maybe came to the cup final but have never been to McDiarmid will have remarkably little interest in new signings and budgets. Lots of pictures of kids and babies in the new Saints strip is far more appropriate.

I'm not saying everything is fabulous, but the forum members are a small proportion of the 15,000 that went to the cup final. If everything Saints did was geared towards feeding WAP members with what they want, it would alienate a greater number of people in my opinion.

No words.

I do feel that the negativity and lack of enthusiasm relates primarily to the sort of news and action that us established supporters would love to hear. I think the club have been correctly concentrating their attentions on new customers, with information and marketing approaches that seem somewhat tedious and meaningless to us.

Youngsters and local families who maybe came to the cup final but have never been to McDiarmid will have remarkably little interest in new signings and budgets. Lots of pictures of kids and babies in the new Saints strip is far more appropriate.

I'm not saying everything is fabulous, but the forum members are a small proportion of the 15,000 that went to the cup final. If everything Saints did was geared towards feeding WAP members with what they want, it would alienate a greater number of people in my opinion.

That's wrong on so many levels. Of the 15000 that went to Celtic Park it's fair to assume that a good number are proper Saints fans, let's say 7000 to pluck a number, the rest we'll say were 'Saints for the day'.

Of that 7000 (or any number you choose to pluck from the sky) it's very likely that they'll all have an interest in who Saints might sign and who they won't.

We should NEVER put ourselves in financial trouble, but if there was ever a summer to make (for our level) a stellar signing that might just whet the appetite of some of those extra souls this was the one.

Quote below from Mr McInnes at Aberdeen regarding Goodwillie:

"He chose us over a few other options he had in Scotland, and he's made a good decision."

HAHA..........still a little bitter after 13th April Derek?   Please show a little more class in your interviews sir.

Well reading the PA this morning, Wright does not sound a happy camper. No new funds as has been mentioned above. Sounds like all the funds from the cup win etc are going into the facilities around the ground, training pitch etc.

I might be reading too much into it but the last sentence on his own contract is interesting "....I want to stay, The Chairman I believe wants me to stay so I don't think there will be a problem..." the I believe bit is an interesting way of putting things.

Edited by MrBored

Ok. I stand corrected, this is beginning to sound quite bad. Reminds me of Steve Brown after the Motherwell game when we qualified for Europe, quickly pointing out that it was financially bad and we should hope for nothing.

I really wanted to give the club the benefit if the doubt, applaud their appeasing new fans and young families, but if they can't even agree a contract with a really good manager who really wants to stay then something is far wrong.