Player contracts and transfers

David123

What....the one post (or was it even a massive 2) that were vaguely similar to yours? Can you not see the several posts after yours that are genuinely concerned with aspects of the club at the moment and the lack of any funds to enter the transfer market??

Can't say I have been on here sticking up for the club at all recently. I have been on here less and less over the summer - nothing to do with the club though.

My initial post was trying to address the fact that the actions of the club this summer has not killed the cup final 'effect' for me as much as reading this forum.

Edited by garydavidson

Can't say I have been on here sticking up for the club at all recently. I have been on here less and less over the summer - nothing to do with the club though.

My initial post was trying to address the fact that the actions of the club this summer has not killed the cup final 'effect' for me as much as reading this forum.

As for the transfers, yes it is very very strange we have not signed anyone new. However, who knows whether or not the budget was already used up with all the contracts we handed out before and just after the end of the season. In comparison to other years we had signed up a lot of the squad quite early.

See, comments with a bit of context behind the thinking work a lot better.

There is still plenty time & if things don`t go well we could probably get a couple of loans before end of August but we have let a couple of players go that can do a job. Nige may only give you 45 mins but he did turn a few games. Cregg started of the season with a few MoM awards & very rarely let us down.

If SB knew the budget restrictions at the end of the season why did we let them go ?.

The worry is that we start the season with Millar / MacDonald as our pairing in the centre of the park. A few weeks break will not make us forget how dismally horse that pairing was. Each of the individuals can do a job (one more than the other) in differing formations, but together in the middle? Please, no!!

(by the way...I am going to start this season afresh with GM and give him a bit of credit)

Edited by Edstar101

Everyone is an expert without the facts.

Let's trust the chairman to do the right thing. We've made a loss the last few seasons, so we have actually been living out our means.

I predict we will add 2/3 faces before the end of August and go ahead with upgrades to training facilities as well as continuing to back Stevenson.

In the meantime certain posters can continue to spend half their lives on WAP discussing points they don't yet have the full story on.

The whole point of a forum is to discuss stuff....whether the full story is available or not...if everybody always waited on the full story, nothing would ever get discussed anywhere, ever.

People are discussing what they feel NOW.....if more facts come out, people will then discuss what their opinions and feelings are at that point.

I (and others) aren't making any major decisions based on what we think...hence the need for the 'full story' isn't that important. You have opinions based on what facts, or rumours or heresay, are available to you at any given time, and this forum is a place to discuss these.

There is a lot of negativity on here, but I am sure that is because we don't really have much else to talk about. Once the season gets going, hopefully with a good start, then the discussions will move on to other things.....hopefully positive.

Oh, and nobody is claiming to be an 'expert' - what a stupid feckin statement

Edited by Edstar101

What has Stirling Uni got that requires the squad to head there for training rather than Perth ----I suspect someone will say its a half way point fror the out of Perth based players who car share anyway.

Surely that must be a huge drain on resources

Costs £60,000 a year to use I believe.

So I do get why the club may be looking to improve in-house facilities. But not to the detriment of the playing side.

Steve Brown must have an awful lot of hope/faith that we won't get hit by serious injuries again this year.

Edited by rik2304

What has Stirling Uni got that requires the squad to head there for training rather than Perth ----I suspect someone will say its a half way point fror the out of Perth based players who car share anyway.

Surely that must be a huge drain on resources

The Facilities that are at Stirling Uni are great

2 Astro Pitches (1 3G and 1 Sand Based)

Command Pitch (UEFA Standard)

3 Grass Pitches

3 Extra Grass pitches at Airthie Castle (SP)

Olympic Swimming Pool

Gym Halls

State of the Art Sport Science Center

Great Gym Facilities

all that for reportedly £60,000 a year is amazing, When i coached with East Stirling we only got the use of the pitch and the gym and it was close to £10,000 a year for a part time club.

It would be great to see the club trying to put some of this in place and from what i know the astro will be replaced (3g pitches only have a 8-10 year lifespan) but this will be fully funded by the Ryder Cup legacy fund. There is a gym in the stadium which is being upgraded and also a small astro inside which im not sure what it is being used for at the moment

How long ago did Stevie and/or TW say the deal to keep the former at Perth was nearly done?

Looking like we might be getting a few shekels in the bank soon if the Rotherham edition of the Sheffiekd Star is to be believed.

We would then get the improvements and additional players brought in.

Fantasy or realistic? See how quickly the mood changes and the feelgood factor returns.

Some folk going a bit off track.

Not read a name of a player in about 20 posts.

I'm gonna burn all my saints stuff as we can't spend £10m on a striker and £15m on a new midfielder.

God we won a cup and people still can't realise that with an average of 3,500 at home games that spending over £1m a season wages and infrastructure repairs is leaving us posting multiple losses year on year.

Be thankful we have shrewd men in charge to keep the club alive, unlike hearts and Sevco of recent times. They won't bankrupt the club on the basis to challenge at the top as we can't unless we get 6,000 home support every home game.

We have the 4th lowest budget in the league I reckon.

Some folk going a bit off track.

Not read a name of a player in about 20 posts.

I'm gonna burn all my saints stuff as we can't spend £10m on a striker and £15m on a new midfielder.

God we won a cup and people still can't realise that with an average of 3,500 at home games that spending over £1m a season wages and infrastructure repairs is leaving us posting multiple losses year on year.

Be thankful we have shrewd men in charge to keep the club alive, unlike hearts and Sevco of recent times. They won't bankrupt the club on the basis to challenge at the top as we can't unless we get 6,000 home support every home game.

We have the 4th lowest budget in the league I reckon.

Again, nobody is talking about buying £10million players....show me where they are?

Everyone appreciates the way the club has been managed. Nobody is talking about trying to buy a team to win the title.

Funny how people can ignore certain things and invent others to suit their point.

I probably do it too by the way

The fun of pre season is getting excited about new signings. So its no surprise so many getting upset that we have none. I still feel that we will see a couple come in an tw was just using the media to put more pressure on sb. I loved wee nige n paddy but if it means going back to times where we are not losing money , which we have done the last few seasons, then im quite willing to lose them.

Surprised about the uproar, thought most folk on wap hated nigel for tying his laces. And wap is always wanting to see youth. Well this season they may well get their chance.

cheer up guys we are playing European football next week!

The worry is that we start the season with Millar / MacDonald as our pairing in the centre of the park. A few weeks break will not make us forget how dismally horse that pairing was. Each of the individuals can do a job (one more than the other) in differing formations, but together in the middle? Please, no!!

(by the way...I am going to start this season afresh with GM and give him a bit of credit)

Ooft I know can you imagine how bad it would be starting tge season with another away victory in Europe!