Player contracts and transfers

David123

Goodwillie wanted to play for saints and would have accepted £1000 per week less than Aberdeen were paying him. He would have given the whole place a lift and although our squad is strong the signing of Goodwillie could see challenging for a top 3 or 4th place finish.

-------------------------------------------------

I think saints would have been good for him also. I believe TW did a good job laying out a path forward for Goodwille at saints, allowing him to use saints to rebuild his career. TW probably invested considerable time in this, and appeared to have negotiated an excellent deal for saints. Shame it didn't work out, I'm more concerned at the lack of communication between him and SB, being after the fact he's told 'no signings'.

The SPL has never been weaker. I know its not our 'fashion' at saints to push and overstretch, but with a few key additions to keep depth (cover injuries, flexibility, loss of form), we truly could have had a run at top 3 with this squad.

I think that's why we are seeing a little backlash from fans, just disappointment, nothing else, we have a wonderful core squad. 

We are still a fine wee, well run club, it would just be nice to stretch the wee a bit more.

Thought it was a strange one today in that we had 3 goalies at a friendly, Mannus, Banks and young Hurst surely would have been better to have Banks out with the Dev squad and Hurstas sub goalie. 

Worries me that Banks gets very little time in goals and yet is expected to step up to plate at drop of a hat.

Thought it was a strange one today in that we had 3 goalies at a friendly, Mannus, Banks and young Hurst surely would have been better to have Banks out with the Dev squad and Hurstas sub goalie. 

Worries me that Banks gets very little time in goals and yet is expected to step up to plate at drop of a hat.

Is that not the same though for all keepers who are not first pick, ms?

Saintdunc your back up goalie would I think be playing in what is now the development squad but I may be proved wrong here but I don't think Banks played in many of the 21s games last season.

I think Tommy Wright has made it known that Banks will be the back up goalie, so hurst will probably be playing in Dev squad.

Must be inside a transfer window

I'm not sure thats right, the rules say the length of a loan contract should be such that its contracted to end in a window unless its an "emergency" loan. Theres special loan rules for goalkeepers anyway, so I imagine the SPFL would take our side and let us recall him if it came to it. Have to assume we'd agreed something with QOS before he went out anyway.

Can't see both Mannus and Banks being injured at the same time anyway (touch wood), and I'm happy for Banks to step in if needed. Semi-Final apart he was fairly solid