Player contracts and transfers

David123

Cant believe that May & Tommys contracts have not been sorted out yet. Firstly May was on holiday then Agent was on holiday then SB was on holiday. What to **** is going on.

Is Tommy not signing until we get the May situation sorted ?.

At a guess the Euro ties have taken priority over everything else. Would be a great boost over the next few days if we could get a positive result against Spartak and both May & Wright agreeing their deals....wouldn't surprise me to see nothing on the contract front until after the second leg though.

At a guess the Euro ties have taken priority over everything else. Would be a great boost over the next few days if we could get a positive result against Spartak and both May & Wright agreeing their deals....wouldn't surprise me to see nothing on the contract front until after the second leg though.

You are probably right, but to be honest, I find that unacceptable if that was the case. The club may be small, but surely it can do more than one thing at a time. If we get through this round, do we keep putting things off. We'll be into the start of the season after that.

I get that these negotiations are often tricky and can take time, but surely the club must be doing things on their side pretty promptly?!?

If the hold up is May and Wright, then we have bigger issues.

We all know how importand balancing the books are but sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. This can be difficult and in Scotland we are erring on the side of caution. Celtic are a prime example of this; to reduce their debt to zero they have sold or released many star players,Ki, Hooper, Wanyama, Wilson, Samaras etc. While this balances the books it weakens the team and having lost 4v1 last night they will have to sell Foster and Van Dyke to balance their books because they will miss oput on European millions. This has resulted in reduced sale of season tickets and empty stands at their league games. But is good news for others in the league as they are steadily drawing themselves down to the level of others and makes winning the league by someone else a possibility. A bit of managable debt never hurt anyone so let strenthen the team; we will never have a better chance of achiving our highest ever finish with Celtic weak, Rangers Hearts and Hibs not in the league. One final plea please give TW the money to buy or sign players.

Our highest ever finish will not be first.  Therefore there will be no huge financial benefit to the club.  We've finished 3rd before.  We could finish 2nd but that would only bring in an extra 80k or so.  If a club like Celtic are reducing the wage bill etc, then other clubs will be taking note of this and pretty much following suit.  The chairman has stated his position re new signings - time to accept it and move on.

Our highest ever finish will not be first.  Therefore there will be no huge financial benefit to the club.  We've finished 3rd before.  We could finish 2nd but that would only bring in an extra 80k or so.  If a club like Celtic are reducing the wage bill etc, then other clubs will be taking note of this and pretty much following suit.  The chairman has stated his position re new signings - time to accept it and move on.

Cue BBD.......

I think you could argue that we've effectively brought in 2 new players. I know we've not signed them but neither Caddis or Brown had a great deal of involvement last year. 

Both young, hard working and based on their performances against Luzern, they have as much to offer as any player we would realistically bring in for a transfer fee.

Unfortunately though, neither can play wide left or up top.

I agree though - fingers crossed the likes of Kane and Easton can come in and show up just as well, then we'll not look so desperately short on numbers.

They are both there waiting for their chance so not really short in numbers in one respect. Maybe short in numbers with experience but a good few experienced guys we have got in the last few seasons have been mince :)

Pretty sure it's a lot more between 2nd and 3rd than £80,000

They are both there waiting for their chance so not really short in numbers in one respect. Maybe short in numbers with experience but a good few experienced guys we have got in the last few seasons have been mince :)

Considering we've gone from having 5 senior strikers to 3 (if you count Kane) and having 2 players who you would call left wingers (Craig and Hasselbaink) to none in the space of two years, I'd say that we are desperately short in those positions. We're lucky that the senior players we do have are all fairly versatile and a core of them have rarely been injured for us.

I agree we've had some shocking experienced players over the years, but I think you've got to back a manager as good as Tommy. If he feels we're short, then we're short. Even if we'd kept Hasselbaink (something Tommy would've pushed for more in May if he'd been aware of this situation I bet) then I'd actually be really happy with the squad. We'd at least have another versatile player in the squad and a real match winner.

C'est la vie though - fingers crossed the young lads can make the step up. There's certainly positive signs with Brown and Caddis in particular.

Cue BBD.......

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,

we shall fight on the seas and oceans,

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,

we shall fight on the beaches,

we shall fight on the landing grounds,

we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.”

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,

we shall fight on the seas and oceans,

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,

we shall fight on the beaches,

we shall fight on the landing grounds,

we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,

we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.”

Oh good - Andy's back...... :razz:

With attendances for both Europa League games at 7,001 tonight and 8,486 against Luzern how much money in profit has the club made.

Even if you say half the total crowd paid £23 thats £178,000. Granted it could be more but how much expenditure went out on that, doubt it would be over £50,000. 

The fans have come to support the team and paid their money to see us win. How about investing that money we invest in gate fees into another player, as we have a bare bones squad. Proven by the bench tonight.

This is becoming an easy excuse, to be honest, and I'm sick of hearing about it. We're started to get into this mindset the squad we have isn't good enough and we desperately need new players which simply isn't true just now. Negative thoughts lead to negative performances, and it wouldn't surprise me if the constant mewlings of the players straight after the Luzern win played some part in tonights turgid display

We had other attacking options sitting on the bench tonight?

Caddis could of came on.

Hes done okay recently. He and Kane if they are going to be part of the squad have to be given a chance to prove it.

There is no point them being part of the squad if they are just going to stand and watch.

I don't think we do need another attacking option.

Personally we need a central defender.  ZERO pace at the back.

Anderson needs a partner that isn't extremely slow.  Sometimes you get away with it against your average Scottish side but when you come across the likes of tonight it shows.

Edited by PerthSeany