Player contracts and transfers

David123

Clarkson looked like a Sunday league amateur play who'd stumbled onto the wrong pitch at the weekend. Awful touch, inability to find a team mate, no pace and no strength. The difference in physique and mobility between him and Kane was massive. Kane looks like he's a professional sportsman, Clarkson doesn't.

Edited by Nelly78

I missed the game, is Clarkson maybe suffering a crisis of confidence from a few bad years down Bristol way? I remember him being a decent player. What sort of pre-season has he had? Has he had any?

I like Kane but he seems overly aggressive. Maybe just youthful excuberance but he was booked before taking a touch last week and against Celtic last term.

Clarkson looked like a Sunday league amateur play who'd stumbled onto the wrong pitch at the weekend. Awful touch, inability to find a team mate, no pace and no strength. The difference in physique and mobility between him and Kane was massive. Kane looks like he's a professional sportsman, Clarkson doesn't.

Mostly agree. Thought he played a couple of decent balls, but his overall play was not nearly good enough. I really hope that's not the best we can do.

I seem to remember quotes like this being bandied about when we sign Steven McLean so lets sign him quickly :laugh:

I seem to remember quotes like this being bandied about when we sign Steven McLean so lets sign him quickly :laugh:

Really? Not from me anyway, I've always thought Maclean is a cracking player.

Clarkson just looked immobile, weak in the air and in possession and unable to find a teammate with a simple 10 yard pass. Sad to see really, as when he was a young player coming through he looked a really good prospect.

Edited by Nelly78

Murray Davidson is ready to play again as of next week and the club are looking to tie him down on a longer term contract according to the Courier.

What a boost that will be, getting him back.

Where did you see this?

ETA should have read it properly. The courier

Edited by patsy

from what iv seen and read about morgan i think he could be a good replacement. things not worked out for him recently but think he could bag himself plenty of goals in our league. Looks like he likes to run at defences and is not afraid at taking a dig at goal

Really? Not from me anyway, I've always thought Maclean is a cracking player.

Clarkson just looked immobile, weak in the air and in possession and unable to find a teammate with a simple 10 yard pass. Sad to see really, as when he was a young player coming through he looked a really good prospect.

Not saying we should sign him up , but when was the last time he played its ok training , but you need games to get you fit , 

Not saying we should sign him up , but when was the last time he played its ok training , but you need games to get you fit , 

He's played a number of games over the course of the summer as a trialist for Motherwell, Kilmarnock and now ourselves.

He's not up to it.

I'd imagine the last time he played a competitive game was the end of last season, just before he was released by a team relegated to the Conference......

Whilst I agree you need games to get you match fit, Clarkson just looked unfit.

Edited by Nelly78

How about TW using his contacts and getting a proven goal scorer.

Cliftonville striker Joe Gormley(24) was named the NI Football Writers Player of the Year.The forward scored a club record 37 goals last season to help the Reds secure back-to-back Premiership titles.

It may be a small league but worth taking a chance on a goal scorer than a potential goal scorer

Edited by Inchcolm

You never know.. Maybe Tommy has someone like Gormley in mind already. I'd be surprised if we didn't sign two strikers. The fact that Morgan can also play on the wing is a huge bonus and would mean we don't necessarily need to sign any more than two new players. Morgan and another (Gormley/Heffernan/Ngoo) would make me reasonably happy with our squad, although we definitely won't be able to fully replace Stevie's goals and general influence.

Excellent news about Murray Davidson.

Cliftonville striker Joe Gormley(24) was named the NI Football Writers Player of the Year.The forward scored a club record 37 goals last season to help the Reds secure back-to-back Premiership titles.

It may be a small league but worth taking a chance on a goal scorer than a potential goal scorer

He looks really good! Fairly quick, big and strong with a great eye for goal... Can't believe teams are not in for him already

He would probably cost money so that's a no no.