Player contracts and transfers

David123

Gary Miller has played some excellent games for us. A valuable squad player IMO. We dont really have another reliable RB should MacKay be injured or suspended. To let him go would leave us with no cover for a key position surely?

We have Wright, Ando, Scobbie and MacKay (and Miller as a last resort) who can play CH and BEaston, Scobbie and (at a push) MacKay who can play LB.

Ando is awful at RB. We need to keep Miller.

We have a great squad and great understanding. If players like Miller and Macdonald don't mind waiting their turn and can do a job when required then why get rid of them.The balance of the squad requires a few guys like this who have been well managed and are obviously liked by their team mates.

I'd say that we probably need a couple of defenders. One central and one central/right back. Wright, while decent the last few weeks will tire. Either let Gary Miller go now and bring someone in during January or do it in the summer.

In midfield, we are probably ok, but we do need a new striker, assuming Morgan will be gone. Problem is that it's not often you can get a decent striker in January. Would take a punt and spend a small fee on a striker from the lower leagues and let him start to build up a partnership with Kane in training and the u20 squad in preparation for next season. Might leave us a bit top heavy on strikers for a while, but I can see O'haleron being snapped up sooner or later.

Although saints will have some money from Morgan going back I very much doubt that we,l pay even the smallest fee for anyone.Whens Faddys deal up?? if he doesn't commit thatl mean theres more players budget.

Faddy's here until the end of the season.

I'm not sure why so many people are keen to chase him away. He's been a good fit for us so far.