Player contracts and transfers

David123

Certainly seems to be a huge change of tactic by saints, dishing out contracts like sweeties. Must be feeling flush! Happy with both Kane and Davidson though agree surprised Murray got 2 years. Can only assume its heavily dependent on games/injuries/performance. A fit on form Murray would play in any team in the league.

Pleased about both contracts. Muzz is a brilliant player, and I think people on here forget too easily how good he is. Sure the contract would not have been offered if the physio team didn't think he could stay fit.

Kane looks like a better prospect than May was. Great to have him on a long deal.

Certainly seems to be a huge change of tactic by saints, dishing out contracts like sweeties. Must be feeling flush! Happy with both Kane and Davidson though agree surprised Murray got 2 years. Can only assume its heavily dependent on games/injuries/performance. A fit on form Murray would play in any team in the league.

I heard when Tommy threatened to jack it in on the plane,he insisted that players, or most of them were signed up for at least 2 years,as he wanted stability.

Relegation threat is gone and second instalment of Sheffield Wed money due soon I think. Maybe got some extra cos Stevie got capped? They probably are flush, relatively speaking (borrowed second-hand pot to piss in).

I wonder if part of the deal was dependent on appearances? Just asking because he was an unused sub today which is unusual and for the first time I have heard some really negative stuff about Stevie this week. Mind you I was at Bramhall Lane at the time!

Great work by Saints to be so far ahead in planning for next season. We now have the nucleus of a good squad in place. Just Mannus and Scobbie and we'll be looking in great shape.

Watching the game yesterday I thought Chris Kane's centre forward play in terms of winning headers and holding the ball up to bring others into the game was excellent. I thought he far surpassed Maclean yesterday, in the first half at least. Makes me think if we were to bring in a pacey direct goalscorer like Gavin Reilly of QOS then our forward options next year would be very exciting with 2 of those 3 starting and supported by MOH.

MacLean just isn't up to speed yet. Which is completely understandable as far as I'm concerned, but I actually think he's slightly hampering the team at times due to not being as sharp as he can be.

Not that I'm having a go, I just think here's times he has let te team down slightly with lack of sharpness and quickness of pass.

Yeah agree Widge, I thought Tommy might have left Kane on yesterday with O'halloran supporting and taken off Macca when he made that change.

But then I guess he wanted to leave Maclean on to find a bit of form and shore up the middle a bit with Miller. Also, Maclean is a good leader on the park at that end of the pitch so his contribution probably helps bring the best out of those around him even when he's not on top form.

As you say, It was a long lay off so Macca just needs games under his belt

Yeah agree Widge, I thought Tommy might have left Kane on yesterday with O'halloran supporting and taken off Macca when he made that change.

But then I guess he wanted to leave Maclean on to find a bit of form and shore up the middle a bit with Miller. Also, Maclean is a good leader on the park at that end of the pitch so his contribution probably helps bring the best out of those around him even when he's not on top form.

As you say, It was a long lay off so Macca just needs games under his belt

Edited by mainstand

Steven Lawless has apparently fallen out with Partick Thistle over a tweet where he heavily suggested he wanted out of the club.

His contract runs out in the Summer. 23 year old left winger.

Wouldn't mind at least having a wee enquiry about him tbh

Edited by RandomGuy

Steven Lawless has apparently fallen out with Partick Thistle over a tweet where he heavily suggested he wanted out of the club.

I thought you wanted O'Halloran to play left wing

We were linked to him last summer I'm sure. Wouldn't be too surprised if we were again.

He's our best option there at the moment. If we were to sign a left footed left winger and move O'Halloran to the right I'd be equally happy though

He'd be completely wasted out there. I've been over this. He needs to cut inside and shoot, it's basically the only thing he can do most of the time.

Great work by Saints to be so far ahead in planning for next season. We now have the nucleus of a good squad in place. Just Mannus and Scobbie and we'll be looking in great shape.

Watching the game yesterday I thought Chris Kane's centre forward play in terms of winning headers and holding the ball up to bring others into the game was excellent. I thought he far surpassed Maclean yesterday, in the first half at least. Makes me think if we were to bring in a pacey direct goalscorer like Gavin Reilly of QOS then our forward options next year would be very exciting with 2 of those 3 starting and supported by MOH.

Think Mannus will unlikely sign? Could be wrong but are goalies not normally signed first?