Player contracts and transfers

David123

According to Sky Sports, Tommy will be discussing deals with Rhys McCabe AND Liam Craig this week. Excellent news if true.

Would love to see Liam back. He is a Saintee & can play in a few positions.Don't think we need or can afford McCabe as we have Miller,Scobbie Brown & Caddis who can play that position. The latter 2 should not be here if Tommy doesn't trust them to play there.

I honestly think Caddis could be an important player for us given a good run in the team.

Would love to see Liam back. He is a Saintee & can play in a few positions.Don't think we need or can afford McCabe as we have Miller,Scobbie Brown & Caddis who can play that position. The latter 2 should not be here if Tommy doesn't trust them to play there.

I honestly think Caddis could be an important player for us given a good run in the team.

Scobbie shouldnt be considered as an option in there, he done well, aye, but should only be in absolute desperation. While Caddis is more than likely going to be back up to Wotherspoon on the right. That leaves Millar, Muzz, Lappin and Brown. Millar and Muzz have injury problems, while Lappin could be needed on the left. 

Think the injury problems early in the season have been a wake up call, we need more depth if we're to cope this season. McCabe fills a gap.

Scobbie shouldnt be considered as an option in there, he done well, aye, but should only be in absolute desperation. While Caddis is more than likely going to be back up to Wotherspoon on the right. That leaves Millar, Muzz, Lappin and Brown. Millar and Muzz have injury problems, while Lappin could be needed on the left. 

Think the injury problems early in the season have been a wake up call, we need more depth if we're to cope this season. McCabe fills a gap.

Agree with you about Scobbie & Caddis but they can play there if we were down to the bones. Hopefully Millar will have a long run,injury free like end of last season & Muzz will not be out as long as thought.

Caddis played more central today and got the armband when Midge went off, if Tommy is thinking of 4-1-3-2, it'll be Midge or Brown holding with any from Spoony, Caddis, Lappin, Muzz, Liam??,and Mikey behind the front two, I thought Cummins looked decent today, so him and Kano/ Sutton/Macca fighting for front two places, with Mikey another option obviously

Why judge him on anything other than his time at Saints? We know from watching him week in week out how good he is, so no point in looking up how he played years ago for Birmingham and Gillingham. He's not a massive goal scorer anyway, he's more similar to O'Halloran in that he'd play between midfield and attack, creating as well as scoring.

Because my recollection of him was that he wasn't very prolific for us and wanted to check if I was correct or not and confirmed that he only scored 7 in 37 games which is a lot less than we need.

Did McCabe look like he has any pace? If not, it worries me a little that neither he nor Craig would address the lack of pace in our squad.

Not sure why Rowan Vine's being discussed but I thought he was a cracking player - used to really love watching him play for Saints. Can't quite believe how quickly his career has gone downhill and he couldn't even get a game for Welling last season.

Did McCabe look like he has any pace? If not, it worries me a little that neither he nor Craig would address the lack of pace in our squad.

Not sure why Rowan Vine's being discussed but I thought he was a cracking player - used to really love watching him play for Saints. Can't quite believe how quickly his career has gone downhill and he couldn't even get a game for Welling last season.

Not that type of player really. He was a sitting midfielder today so didn't really run. Seemed to have good vision and could hit a long pass. Just not convinced it's what we need. We're desperate for pace/attacking flair. Mikey is the only pace we have.

According to Sky Sports, Tommy will be discussing deals with Rhys McCabe AND Liam Craig this week. Excellent news if true.

I don't think both are the answer. One of them (I vote for Liam Craig) and a more creative midfielder please.

Caddis looked better today as he played the simple pass to Liam who looked like he had never been away and the two of them found Rhys McCabe always making himself available to receive a pass and try to create something .Was comfortable on the ball and did not panic when challenged .

Difficult to judge in these friendly games but Liam was puting the effort in to secure a contract .

Much as we might want it, I don't think Swanson will happen.

Maybe January again though.

I'd agree with this. Good to have an eye on players like Swanson and Dunne for possible 6 month loans.

We'll never be in a position to sign players in January as they aren't out of contract, and fees for 6 months would make our board run a mile. We'll always be a club to pick up one or two loans in January, and for the last few seasons it's been very successful - Haber, Abeid, Edwards, Swanson etc.

Swanson's been back in action for Coventry. Little bit about him here: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-citys-lessons-nuneaton-town-9637647

Glad to hear he didn't impress too much.

As a side note, what is the obsession of the lower leagues down south of players of "stature"- i.e. giants? Maybe we should get that boy up on trial.