Player contracts and transfers

David123

Thought we'd been over this on previous page.

No-one is actually offended by what he said. Media and white-knights love to deem this kind of thing offensive, therefore he shouldn't have said it.

Saints could try and 'back him' but in doing so would be deemed as turning it into an argument about whether it offensive or not, but in the media climate we have someone somewhere will try and blame or label them too, with no regard the actual merits or whether anyone is actually offended.

What I said was that seeing as the punishment, if any, will be very minor, Saints shouldn't take that risk of bad PR by 'backing him'. Just let the tiny punishment come and be done with it.

Nowhere did I say I was offended or that I want political correctness. Seems you've just seen what you want to soee

What a load of tosh. You are calling for a 2 match ban which points to you being offended,or worse being offended on someone else's behalf.

What a load of tosh. You are calling for a 2 match ban which points to you being offended,or worse being offended on someone else's behalf.

I didnt say that at all. I said that that would be the absolute maximum penalty. It was a prediction not a request, as evidenced by "I'd expect". That doesn't say it is what I am calling for at all.

I also called the crime trifling. Seeing as you have trouble with comprehension, that means very small...

I'll tell you what. If things do work out in our favour and he ends up at Saints this year, there's going to be a hell of a lot of pressure and expectation on Swanson to perform. I can't remember the last time I heard our support so unanimously focussed on the signing of one player.

The same support that booed him on his debut against QOS.

Funny old game...

The same support that booed him on his debut against QOS.

Funny old game...

He shouldn't have played in that game. He only been at the club 1 day so didn't the players or our style of play. That was a bad decision. We all saw the impact he had once he started to gel with the team and gain match fitness. Would love to see him back in a saints shirt this season, but whether that happens.

I heard TW saying after the QOS cup game that he had made Danny play even though he was no where near match fit. TW admitted it was his fault in pushing him to play so soon. It was sad to hear Swanson was booed by our support but being knocked out of the cup in that manner whilst being cup holders was a huge disappointment for all saints fans. It sounds like Swanson unfairly took the brunt of the saints fans frustration that day. Great to see Danny took it in his stride and tehn went on to show what a good footballer he is. It would great to see him return.         

What is the 'budget' as such for new players? Presumably Wright still wants a Swanson type player, but do we have the funds for more?

I wonder if a big centre half is needed? Yes we have Wright and Anderson to come back, but chances are we will pick up more injuries and in my opinion are still 1 short.

I have a feeling we might see one player heading out the door and a couple of youngish lads heading out on loan.

this will free up money to bring one first team player in.

just my thought.

There is already a load of youngsters out on loan. I wouldn't think anyone will be shown the door at this stage. Maybe during the January window if the deal becomes available then