Player contracts and transfers

David123

I notice James Dunne didnt feature for Pompey yesterday either, has he moved elsewhere?

Believe he's been totally frozen out of things there. Not sure if it was in the book or the DVD about the final but seemingly he says he didn't want a permanent move to Scotland? I think Saints put in a bid for him though?

Are we as club now so wrapped up in Budgets, costs, bottom line, that we are in the "not see the wood for the trees"  scenario. I can only assume we offer the young players, Caddis, Rodgers a shit contract that would mean we get compensation if some one else wants them? If no one wants them we have a couple of players for peanuts?          

Edited by Center Half

Lots of Swanson chat across numerous threads.

Is there any legitimate reason to feel he'd choose us over say Dundee Utd, other than the fact he said generic pleasantries in an interview last season, same as basically every player would.

I'm not saying he wouldn't come to us, just us being his hypothetical Scottish destination doesn't seem as clear cut to me as to others. Maybe I'm just not itk

Lots of Swanson chat across numerous threads.

Is there any legitimate reason to feel he'd choose us over say Dundee Utd, other than the fact he said generic pleasantries in an interview last season, same as basically every player would.

I'm not saying he wouldn't come to us, just us being his hypothetical Scottish destination doesn't seem as clear cut to me as to others. Maybe I'm just not itk

I understand that the guy has suffered from depression in recent times, and got the impression from interviews etc. that he was genuinely happy at Saints, was really well looked after and said specifically that he'd be delighted to come here full time, but it was up to Coventry.

Always seemed highly rated, seems to get injured every other week though.

I think that's it.  We've seen how young defenders like McKay and Shaughnessy get slaughtered by fans when they make a mistake.  Defenders in particular need experience, and he has proved his ability on loan more than once, before getting badly injured and not getting a decent run.  Was he not Montrose's top scorer early on a couple of seasons ago, and then got a serious knock and was sidelined for 6 months?  Think he scored 2 or 3 in his first 4 appearances before the injury, and was MOTM in every game.