Player contracts and transfers

David123

And 'scooped' by the PA? :shock:

I really hope that this isn't the case, but at the same time it wouldn't be surprised at all if it is. It's such a prehistoric way of operating, holding stories back so the PA can reveal them. It's completely redundant in this day and age when news breaks online before anywhere else, every second of every day.

Really don't want to sound negative, and I wish the lad nothing but well, but an objective observer on here would have noted a gigantic gulf between Swansons performances and the general reaction of the fans during his loan period - both decent but no more - and the mind boggling expectations of him now in this thread, and the apparent view that Steve Brown should have sold his own children to raise a transfer fee to sign this messiah. #Swansonmania

hope folk aren't too disappointed if he does play for us.

This was something I mentioned a while back, can't remember in which thread. If he signs, there's going to be a hell of a lot of pressure on the guy to perform, and to perform immediately. Such a weight of expectation on him, having waited literally all summer for him to put pen to paper, to the extent that people are claiming his signing will make or break our season, and poor RandomGuy is on the verge of a Britney 2007-style breakdown. I really hope he can back it up, or the boo boys will be out quicker than....a really quick thing.

That's if he signs.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Really don't want to sound negative, and I wish the lad nothing but well, but an objective observer on here would have noted a gigantic gulf between Swansons performances and the general reaction of the fans during his loan period - both decent but no more - and the mind boggling expectations of him now in this thread, and the apparent view that Steve Brown should have sold his own children to raise a transfer fee to sign this messiah. #Swansonmania

hope folk aren't too disappointed if he does play for us.

we're short of a left sided player.  He played there just last season for us and was part of the team who were unbeaten after the split, outplaying most of the top 6.  It was the most entertaining we'd been all season.  Personally I thought he was really good after he'd settled and got himself fit.  

theres no guarantees in football so who knows how it would pan out if he did sign.  But that goes for any new signing.. Surely a player who did well for us just 4-5 months ago is less a shot in the dark than any other we have no connection with?  

If he doesn't sign then we just get on with it as usual.

It's international break time with no game for 2 weeks and a transfer window.  What else are folk going to talk about??!!! :laugh:

Think the excitement is less to do with Swanson per se, but more that many on here see his signing as the final piece of the jigsaw in terms of putting the squad together. It's that last piece, not so very different from the other pieces, but it's sooooo satisfying when you complete the whole thing...

Im enjoying this whole " hes not good enough defensively" personally i do not travel 100+ miles and pay £20+ to get in with the excitement of watching someone work hard and try to cut out any full back overlaps, Its lovely to have a player who can drift between the lines and who seems to glide past people with the ability to slip someone in or score from distance.

typical british attitude he doesnt track back enough, we have too many players who seem to be there to " not lose us the game " people like swanson will win you 5-6 games a season 

please sign him up

We have no one else in the squad with near the natural ability on the ball. 

His nutmeg at Pittodrie? The infamous goal Parkhead?

Moments of brilliance wins matches. He doesnt track back some are saying? I certainly wouldn't say hes lazy. 

O'Halloran is ten times worse defensively? Hes almost a bomb scare in his own half. I dont see many slagging him off for that? Because... They have turned a blind eye to that because of his success going forward. 

I really hope that this isn't the case, but at the same time it wouldn't be surprised at all if it is. It's such a prehistoric way of operating, holding stories back so the PA can reveal them. It's completely redundant in this day and age when news breaks online before anywhere else, every second of every day.

It seems to be a pretty standard way for them to do it, as pointless as it is, but if it isn't immediately needing released then they'll hold it back. They will put it on website at like 1.30 tomorrow afternoon once they've had a photocall and someone from Courier and PA down. Probably done the deal with Coventry to cancel the contract, tell him there is no rush to head up the road, probably came up today and will go to the ground tomorrow morning. 

Cant see the video Paulo but sure it is relevant. Wll look at it later.

it's a football forum. I'm sure that's allowed. 

Your powers of observation astound me with regards to realising that it is a "football forum". Glad to see as a  mod you are on the ball

Your point?

Kevin it wa just an observation of the highs and lows that are shown on the topic. So much speculation.

St Johnstone 1884 ‏@stjohnstone1884  3 mins3 minutes ago
A season-long loan with Danny Swanson was close to being agreed before release by Coventry but the player has confirmed he'll return north.

St Johnstone 1884 ‏@stjohnstone1884  2 mins2 minutes ago
DS: "The time is right to come back to Scotland. I loved my time at Saints and my wife liked Perth. I'm keen to see what they've to offer."

St Johnstone 1884 ‏@stjohnstone1884  1 min1 minute ago
DS: "I said when I left that St Johnstone would get first crack if things didn't work out at Coventry. I'm standing by that."

Yeah, just seen the first three when I went onto it there.

Reads like he's not going to listen to anyone else until we've had talks with him, and then after that he'll speak to other clubs. You have to assume if we offer him good enough terms in that first meeting then he'll be joining though, as he sounds pretty positive about the club. Also sounds like it'll go into net week before anythings settled on though.

The club want him, and Swanson confirms he wants to come to us before any other club.

Only Saints fans could turn that into a negative!

We might not be able to match Coventry's wages, but bear in mind he'll have had a pay off from Coventry. There's not too many other clubs still in the market for a wide player - Partick Thistle are the other one in the top flight from memory - and they're properly skint.

Keep the faith.