Player contracts and transfers

David123

Not convinced we're signing either tbh, both are being linked with numerous bigger clubs.

Seeing as I can't sleep, I've decided to look at the positives. We're now at 19 senior players (including goalkeepers), with Easton currently injured, Fisher being hopeless, Mackays hip giving up on him, Millar unable to last 90 minutes, Muzz unable to go four months without an injury, MacLean unable to play on plastic and Sutton being turned into stone, we're highly unlikely to ever have a fit player sitting in the stand.

On the bright side ,we are playing shite but still in the top 6, just.

On the other hand we have that many players out on loan that we are struggling to fill the bench.

3 players out & a few hundred grand in the bank. Broonher will be creaming it. Plenty money for trips to Vagus.

Edited by Cagey

On the bright side ,we are playing shite but still in the top 6, just.

Won't be for long, everyone else has strengthened while we've slashed our squad size, sold a key player and are happily sitting back and waiting to see what rejects get punted from elsewhere. Its a complete shambles. 19 senior players, 19. Even if Swanson comes in our squad is still nowhere near strong enough for the top half.

Chris Harvey saying that Sheffield Utd wouldn't budge on their fee for Scougall, so we can assume that one's basically dead if he's right.

Have we just shat the bed a bit today, sold Mikey and then gone after a couple of targets with no plan b if the deals didn't go through? The club's surely not that short sighted.

Or is this Brown showing his inexperience when it comes to negotiating fees and recruiting players that are currently other clubs
? Have we ever actually paid a transfer fee while he's been in charge? Honestly can't remember. Would he know what to do? Or has he not reached that chapter in his "Football Chairman For Dummies" book yet?

We paid a nominal fee to get Sutton early but thats it I think, apart from similar fees for youths.

He's clearly completely shat the bed, anyone with half a brain would've contacted other clubs about possible replacements for O'Halloran a few weeks ago, just incase. We seem to have waited until Rangers announced the deal before contacting clubs. Its a shambles and Brown should be embarrassed of himself, its horrendous management of a club and its becoming a recurring theme in transfer windows, yet again he lets down Tommy.

Guest ScottMann

Disappointed we've not pulled a rabbit out of the hat but difficult to criticise the chairman without knowing the details. You don't know if deals have fallen through for reasons outwith our control.

That's because we get told sod all.

We paid a nominal fee to get Sutton early but thats it I think, apart from similar fees for youths.

He's clearly completely shat the bed, anyone with half a brain would've contacted other clubs about possible replacements for O'Halloran a few weeks ago, just incase. We seem to have waited until Rangers announced the deal before contacting clubs. Its a shambles and Brown should be embarrassed of himself, its horrendous management of a club and its becoming a recurring theme in transfer windows, yet again he lets down Tommy.

yfivb.jpg

Disappointed we've not pulled a rabbit out of the hat but difficult to criticise the chairman without knowing the details. You don't know if deals have fallen through for reasons outwith our control.

Still gutting though.

Pretty weak excuse. We've over £2m in the bank now, if TW wanted a player worth £100k he should be allowed to spend that, especially since it was him who identified and brought in MOH. Instead we're scrambling about with free agents again, that'll be of a similar standard to McFadden when he signed. We're 100% heading into the second half of this season weaker.

Was Brown supposed to take them at face value? There are plenty players available

Was Brown supposed to take them at face value? There are plenty players available

Theres not "plenty" of players available unless you live in an absolute dreamland and think players like Higdon are realistic. Anyone released in January is complete bottom of the barrel stuff at the level we will now be shopping at

Yup poor from the club. Motherwell have their General Manager keeping fans updated on Twitter, Hearts exciting theirs with last minute signings. Our club can't even tell us Rodgers has been released. 

Why should a business tell us when they release employees? Makes no sense IMO

Long live King Brown!

flappy-at-corners Mannus

half-fit McKay   Shaughnessy   Anderson   Scobbie

off-form Wotherspoon   half-fit Davidson   half-fit Millar  out-of-sorts Craig

MacLean (grass only)

half-fit Cummins

subs - Clark, waste-of-a-seat-on-the-bench Fisher, hit-or-miss Lappin, Thomson, Kane, crocked Easton, slow-motion Sutton

what's wrong with that team?

Guest ScottMann

Even allowing for our woeful PR, I thought we were hearing nothing as they'd be announcing a signing or two soon. I should have realised we were hearing nothing just because we're Saints.

flappy-at-corners Mannus

half-fit McKay   Shaughnessy   Anderson   Scobbie

off-form Wotherspoon   half-fit Davidson   half-fit Millar  out-of-sorts Craig

MacLean (grass only)

half-fit Cummins

subs - Clark, waste-of-a-seat-on-the-bench Fisher, hit-or-miss Lappin, Thomson, Kane, crocked Easton, slow-motion Sutton

what's wrong with that team?

I think you're being far too generous to both Fisher and Sutton. The rest I'd agree with.