Player contracts and transfers

David123

I really wonder what has happened with Brad Mckay, shipped out on loan to Dunfermline after only a couple of games and then we bring in an unfit Bulgarian on loan

Bulgarian is a permanent deal. Not sure his lack of game time is down to lack of fitness - we fell apart at Thistle when he was introduced to the side. I genuinely doubt whether he'll even get another chance tbh.

Guest ScottMann

Bulgarian is a permanent deal. Not sure his lack of game time is down to lack of fitness - we fell apart at Thistle when he was introduced to the side. I genuinely doubt whether he'll even get another chance tbh.

Bit harsh for 'The Bulgarian' to shoulder all the blame isn't it? I recall Tommy's uncalled for defensive/midfield rearrangement being at fault for us falling apart.

Bit harsh for 'The Bulgarian' to shoulder all the blame isn't it? I recall Tommy's uncalled for defensive/midfield rearrangement being at fault for us falling apart.

I agree. He's not been seen since though, and that's with Easton unfit. If it was up to me, I'd chuck him in and give him a chance, but Tommy doesn't operate like that. I can see Anderson and Shaughnessy/Scobbie starting the games at CB until the end of the season, with Krachunov disappearing sometime in April.

I agree. He's not been seen since though, and that's with Easton unfit. If it was up to me, I'd chuck him in and give him a chance, but Tommy doesn't operate like that. I can see Anderson and Shaughnessy/Scobbie starting the games at CB until the end of the season, with Krachunov disappearing sometime in April.

To be fair though, he isn't a replacement for Easton. So Scobbie was the obvious stand-in. A bigger question will be if Anderson or Joe gets injured (or Joe moved to right back) will Scobbie come in at CB, or the new guy.

To be fair though, he isn't a replacement for Easton. So Scobbie was the obvious stand-in. A bigger question will be if Anderson or Joe gets injured (or Joe moved to right back) will Scobbie come in at CB, or the new guy.

When Easton comes back in, Scobbie goes back to competing for a spot in the centre of defence. Krachunov can't get in there just now when he's one of 3 realistic options. He'll sink to 4th choice when Easton comes back IMO. Unless 2 of Scobbie, Anderson and Shaughnessy are unavailable, I can't see him playing.

I really wonder what has happened with Brad Mckay, shipped out on loan to Dunfermline after only a couple of games and then we bring in an unfit Bulgarian on loan

I'm surprised McKay has lasted as long as he has. I expected him to be released in the transfer window, rather than just sent out on loan. It's been obvious from very early on in the season that he doesn't have a future here.

I haven't seen Krachunov play, but would like to see him given a chance. Wouldn't mind seeing Doyle given a chance too.

I'm surprised McKay has lasted as long as he has. I expected him to be released in the transfer window, rather than just sent out on loan. It's been obvious from very early on in the season that he doesn't have a future here.

I haven't seen Krachunov play, but would like to see him given a chance. Wouldn't mind seeing Doyle given a chance too.

Not on Wednesday I hope.

Two baffling moves by Tommy. 

We signed Brad on a pre-contract, not a last minute cover signing. Surely significant time was spent watching him prior to approaching him. So, what the **** could possibly have changed?

To then sign another CH that many will think will never be used?

Confused? You will be

Two baffling moves by Tommy. 

We signed Brad on a pre-contract, not a last minute cover signing. Surely significant time was spent watching him prior to approaching him. So, what the **** could possibly have changed?

To then sign another CH that many will think will never be used?

Confused? You will be

McKay let himself down with some horror shows early on. However I don't think that can be just it as other defensive players have made just as poor this season. Could attitude be the deciding factor? He certainly comes across on social media as a fanny of the highest order.

We signed him to slowly replace Fraz. Who then realised halfway through the Summer that he couldn't cope with full time football anymore. We then gave McKay a chance to stake an early claim and he made horrendous defensive errors against Alashkert and Hearts (both games caught in the opposition half when they were attacking), and got away with a similar one against Ross County. 

I think he's still got the raw attributes to be a decent centre half at our level, and just needs it coached into him, but when you look back at the highlights hes handing opposition players two decent chances per match.

There was a period at the start of this season when Scobbie would have been as well wearing the opposition shirt he was giving away so many chances. Remember when he sconed himself in the puss with a clearance? He's been given other chances.

Yup, which brings you to the attitude theory.

It is pretty annoying when TW stands by players regardless of their display, Fisher v Motherwell and Wotherspoon v Aberdeen are two of the worst individual performances of the season, yet both remain first team players while McKay got dumped fairly quickly and Kane gets dropped every time he fails to score. 

Has anybody got anything (reasonably) concrete to suggest Brad's attitude is bad and could have contributed to his situation?

I know (personally) people who have dealt with him as both team-mates and coaches and none have a bad word to say about him

I was one of the first to be critical of him as a footballer .  Now i can't help but think he could've done a job for us in this run we're on. He's not a shy lad on the pitch and that's exactly the type we have been lacking. Some might say he's a bombscare but is he any worse than the other shite we have been witnessing in defence ?

I was one of the first to be critical of him as a footballer .  Now i can't help but think he could've done a job for us in this run we're on. He's not a shy lad on the pitch and that's exactly the type we have been lacking. Some might say he's a bombscare but is he any worse than the other shite we have been witnessing in defence ?

and he is young. 

As others have said, remember Ando when he first started with us