Player contracts and transfers

David123

I'm aware this has been discussed to death but I've yet to see a single thing to suggest Dunne won't come back.

I've seen even less to suggest he will or is, but nothing to suggest he categorically won't - including the bit where he said he won't.

Did you not read "Our Day in May"?

St Johnstone 1884 ‏@stjohnstone1884  50 minutes ago
Although he has 12 months to run on his current deal, boss Tommy Wright had targeted extending defender Joe Shaughnessy's stay in Perth.

Happy to hear that tbh

I am not convinced yet, think he is still way to nice/soft, distribution poor and clearances not great, but potentially can work on all these.

Our defence has been poor this year and he is a part of that.

Horrendous. Played for an hour and I'm not sure he beat his man all night. Spends half the time trying to stay out the way of the Rangers right back who overlaps him.

I watched him - in a sort of seedy stalker fashion - when they were celebrating their semi win. To me he seems a bit of an outcast with his team mates. Doesn't look too happy where he is. Of course they just beat his boyhood team but I can't see him stayin there for too long. He isn't getting a  regular first 11 start! 

I watched him - in a sort of seedy stalker fashion - when they were celebrating their semi win. To me he seems a bit of an outcast with his team mates. Doesn't look too happy where he is. Of course they just beat his boyhood team but I can't see him stayin there for too long. He isn't getting a  regular first 11 start! 

Not a very fair analysis. He obviously feels no connection to the cup team as he can't contribute to it. I was amazed at some of the Saints players celebrating our cup win when they had not even played. 

Not a very fair analysis. He obviously feels no connection to the cup team as he can't contribute to it. I was amazed at some of the Saints players celebrating our cup win when they had not even played. 

Scottish Cup winner Chris Iwelumo is a hero

eh ? You didnt play either but I bet you celebrated.what a wally post 

haha wally post, coming from you? :)

I can fully understand why a player wouldn't celebrate for something they never contributed to.

And in answer to your post, most fans have far more of connection with the club than someone who was there for a year or two.

half analysis half observation. He didn't look over the moon. He looked a tad lost. He didn't  look particularly happy and he isn't getting into the first team regularly.  Shit move career wise but great move money wise. 

Guest ScottMann

I was amazed at some of the Saints players celebrating our cup win when they had not even played. 

With all the talk of the family atmosphere at the club and general team spirit they were probably delighted for their mates and the club in general finally winning that elusive trophy. 

half analysis half observation. He didn't look over the moon. He looked a tad lost. He didn't  look particularly happy and he isn't getting into the first team regularly.  Shit move career wise but great move money wise. 

In a moment of boredom I checked the BBC and wouldn't say he is not getting into the first team. He has started 8 out of 12 appearances. Two appearances from the bench included his début and also the challenge cup final where the manager had said he was trying a team for the Celtic game, being cup tied ruled him out of that starting 11.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36100893

"St Johnstone will respond to Rangers challenge"

"St Johnstone will increase their player budget next season in anticipation of a tougher challenge with Rangers having been promoted to the Premiership.

Rangers have already secured the Championship title, with chairman Dave King promising more investment.

Saints manager Tommy Wright said: "I've already spoken with the chairman and he has said their will be more investment in the team.

"I think he recognises that the league has got tougher."

St Johnstone have secured a top-six finish for the fifth successive season despite having one of the Premiership's smallest budgets.

"We won't be throwing cash about, but we have stayed around about the same budget for the last three seasons," said Wright.

"That has worked, but the league has got stronger.

"I think there will be more money now around the clubs with Rangers coming up and possibly Hibs.

"I think this summer there will be a feel-good factor about the league again.""