Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann

I hope Mannus is here next season as having two keepers of his and Clark's standard is great. But...what if Del, or anyone, came in for him? He's a long time admirer after all and needs a keeper. Mannus will have a financial value so do we take the money, make Clark No 1 and bring in a back up keeper or hold to him? Never forget the power of pound signs to the Chairman.

I hope Mannus is here next season as having two keepers of his and Clark's standard is great. But...what if Del, or anyone, came in for him? He's a long time admirer after all and needs a keeper. Mannus will have a financial value so do we take the money, make Clark No 1 and bring in a back up keeper or hold to him? Never forget the power of pound signs to the Chairman.

I'm not sure Mannus would go to Aberdeen. McInnes signed him, but he never actually played any matches for him and, as much as he'd be on extra cash, he's always talked about the importance of first team football. I'm sure he's not long bought a place in Edinburgh, having just got married/had his first child, so I'm not sure he'd fancy the commute/uprooting his family.

I'm guessing he's had a talk with the manager about next season and who'll start as number one goalkeeper. I can't see Mannus leaving this summer to be honest as he'll back himself to regain the jersey. Hopefully Zander's emergence will spark him back to the level he was at prior to this year as I do think he's dipped a bit.

I'm not sure Mannus would go to Aberdeen. McInnes signed him, but he never actually played any matches for him and, as much as he'd be on extra cash, he's always talked about the importance of first team football. I'm sure he's not long bought a place in Edinburgh, having just got married/had his first child, so I'm not sure he'd fancy the commute/uprooting his family.

I'm guessing he's had a talk with the manager about next season and who'll start as number one goalkeeper. I can't see Mannus leaving this summer to be honest as he'll back himself to regain the jersey. Hopefully Zander's emergence will spark him back to the level he was at prior to this year as I do think he's dipped a bit.

His reluctance to come for crosses/corners is a historic thing that was identified by Shamrock Rovers fans..it was masked at Saints by the general dominance of Frazer Wright in the air imo. It'll require quite a big attitude shift for him to do it now. I think it should be Clark starting next season on current form.

His reluctance to come for crosses/corners is a historic thing that was identified by Shamrock Rovers fans..it was masked at Saints by the general dominance of Frazer Wright in the air imo. It'll require quite a big attitude shift for him to do it now. I think it should be Clark starting next season on current form.

100% agree with this.

I miss Frazer :sad:

I think these end of season fixtures will be seen as nothing more than an opportunity to give Zander some top league experience in the first team. Fully expecting Mannus to start as first choice again after the summer, for his last season with the club, then Clark to step up once he moves on.

Has just bought a new house in Winchburgh just along the road from Wotherspoon in Kirkliston

Somebody buying Mannus would be the dream situation for Saints. We have the perfect guy ready to step in and a few very decent young keepers below that. It would obviously be a nominal fee but I reckon it would be the perfect scenario. Not wishing him out the door but we need to keep refreshing the team, just seems like natural progression. 

Would this be a reference to the approach for Paul Paton?

Yes. I feel like I'll need to repeat it every ten minutes to adequately express me feelings on the matter though.

Whit? How do we know this?

The excellent Unofficial Twitter says its in tomorrows Courier.

In all seriousness I said a few weeks ago we could do worse than bring in Paton or Rankin, and Patons age probably makes him the better option. Experienced at this level and more defensive minded which would give us real cover for when Millars out, will give us actual, genuine, depth in the centre of midfield as just now its just Brown who looks like a goner or shoving Lappin/Craig/Spoony in there.

Pleased we're not hanging about with Dow aswell.